Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AEROSMITH

Go down 
+50
cruedevil71
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
corplhicks
Hadley
Boris2008
BillRoxx
ZombieHavoc
Vexer6
jstate
jettafiend
metalinmyveins
iamrockerfun
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
A Handful of Wayne
MEGATRON
Witchfinder
Eyesore
Andy
exact33
thejokeriv
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
vanillaviking
JBall_Z
mc666
MetalFRO
Troublezone
sam
XYZ
Addy
Schbopo
DeathCult
skullsmasher
akeldama
manny
Wargod
rattpoison
James B.
Shiney
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
TrogDawn
tohostudios
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:29 am

That ballad doesn't do much for me.

Couldn't it be that Tyler just likes sappy ballads like this? They've been doing ballads on every album since the 70's. Some were great, some good, some sucked.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:43 am

ultmetal wrote:
That ballad doesn't do much for me.

Couldn't it be that Tyler just likes sappy ballads like this? They've been doing ballads on every album since the 70's. Some were great, some good, some sucked.

So has KISS, but they seemed to figure out that the power ballad is dead and are just giving the fans what they want, a solid rock album.

It just seems to me that Aerosmith put it on there because they feel that have to, in some weird radio-friendly sort of way. The stuff from the 70's just seemed more natural, but once they hit on a successful comeback formula with Permanaent Vacation, they've stuck to it. And it worked, in terms of financial succeces, no doubt about it.

But in 2012, it seems unnecessary and forced. Like Manny mentioned, it's catering to the bored housewives, soccer moms and American Idol fans.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37906

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:50 am

Quote :
catering to the bored housewives, soccer moms and American Idol fans.

...can an exclusive distribution deal with Wal-Mart be far behind?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 11:04 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
catering to the bored housewives, soccer moms and American Idol fans.

...can an exclusive distribution deal with Wal-Mart be far behind?

Probably not. Although I think even Wal-Mart is shying away from those deals. Have any acts done that recently? The last one I remember was KISS and that's been 3 or 4 years ago already.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:03 pm

I think Journey though maybe that was just a big Wal Mart push and other stores had it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I think Journey though maybe that was just a big Wal Mart push and other stores had it.

Yup, you're correct. According to my good friend, Wik E. Pedia, Journey's last studio album Eclipse was released exclusivly through Walmart in 2011. So I guess they are still doing those deals.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:34 pm

MEGATRON wrote:
manny wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:
"Why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot"

Brilliant stuff, Mr. Tyler...

This tune is aimed at the bored housewives, not the hardcore Aerosmith fans, like me

I just hope there's some good stuff on this one. I was expecting the songs on this album to sound like 'The Grind' from Honkin' on Bobo. So far there's 2 crappy songs and 1 mediocre song. I'm not hard to please when it comes to new Aerosmith music: I even like Just Push Play! But these songs are bottom of the barrel...
Sounds like you actually are hard to please. Haha. The ballad isn't even bad, in context of what it is—sappy, radio-friendly pap. The other two are solid rock tunes. Not amazing, not great, just good.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Yup, you're correct. According to my good friend, Wik E. Pedia, Journey's last studio album Eclipse was released exclusivly through Walmart in 2011. So I guess they are still doing those deals.
Foreigner did it recently, too, right? New album with a bonus disc of re-recorded classics?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:49 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Foreigner did it recently, too, right? New album with a bonus disc of re-recorded classics?

don\'t know

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 6:32 pm

Anyone been listening to the samples of this album? Sounds pretty damn good. I think it might be their best in about 20 years.

Of course, there will likely be a few turds. There's another Diane Warren-penned track. =(
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:01 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Anyone been listening to the samples of this album? Sounds pretty damn good. I think it might be their best in about 20 years.

Of course, there will likely be a few turds. There's another Diane Warren-penned track. =(

I am in agreement, and I think like Van Halen's newest album, its going to catch alot of long time fans off guard and is going turn out to be a kick ass rock n roll album.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:05 pm

I like what I've heard.

Tyler can't completely get away from being a pop/American Idol star. I could certainly do without the duet with Carrie Underwood. Of course who can blame him. Sony owns this band and they want hits.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7634

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Well this track is a LOT better.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 4:14 pm

Is the mix shitty on this one? On "Legendary Child" the guitars just didn't seem to meld together well, and the same is evident here. I know it'll sound a bit better on CD or whatever, but the mix sounds to be a bit of a mess to my ears.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 2:21 pm

Surprise! Surprise ! Another rocker writing his memoirs:

Guitarist Joe Perry was so sure, however, telling Billboard that, "We've talked about every idea you can think of out there, and we really don't know. There's so many different directions we can go. (Columbia) has been totally with us and behind us on this album, and really supportive. So the talk about what happens when it gets delivered and we (finish) our commitment with Sony, what are we gonna do next -- it's really an open question at this point." Perry, meanwhile, is following Tyler and drummer Joey Kramer in writing an autobiography, which he hopes to publish in 2013. He's teamed with award-winning author David Ritz, who's worked with B.B. King, Jerry Wexler and, most recently, Bettye LaVette, and the guitarist says that "it's going to be my story, but it's also entwined with Aerosmith and relationships there and the how and the why of that kind of stuff. People have been asking me about it for the last probably five or 10 years... I'll definitely take a different path than the other guys, the way they put their books together. I read probably 40 biographies and autobiographies, musical ones. I can see how some worked and some didn't. I hope this one works. There's a lot to fit into 600 pages or whatever it's gonna be. I'm pretty excited."

Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 10:52 am

new album sounds so good to me.
had interesting clear sound with special drum sound.
but all in all typical new wave of Aero.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:25 pm

This is by far the worst Aerosmith album...
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:44 am

it might be, but got some zeppelin coverdale/page tunes.
yes, probably more commercial friendly album than before.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:38 am

MEGATRON wrote:

How so? Most of the reviews I've seen are fairly positive to outright glowing.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 10:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:

Steven's half-arsed lyrics, the sappy love ballads, the duet with Carrie Underwood, the filler songs... There is no flow to the album at all. It sounds disjointed. This isn't a return to their 70's sound like they said it would be. It's a step backwards from Just Push play.

I like maybe four or five songs on the album. Joe Perry performs lead vocals on two of them.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:11 pm

MEGATRON wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:

Steven's half-arsed lyrics, the sappy love ballads, the duet with Carrie Underwood, the filler songs... There is no flow to the album at all. It sounds disjointed. This isn't a return to their 70's sound like they said it would be. It's a step backwards from Just Push play.

I like maybe four or five songs on the album. Joe Perry performs lead vocals on two of them.

Ahhh, thanks for the clarity.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:43 am

ultmetal wrote:
Ahhh, thanks for the clarity.

No problem. Smile

The new album reminds me a lot of Pump (now my second least favourite Aero album), but with more ballads.. So if you like Pump, there's a good chance you'll like this one too.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:27 am

exactly Just Push Play... i knew i heard it before. that's right, first thing after listening couple of songs. JPP not bad not shiny.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:37 am

MEGATRON wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:

Ugh, that's disappointing.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:48 am

I don't expect much so i'm not going to be let down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AEROSMITH - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next