Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AEROSMITH

Go down 
+50
cruedevil71
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
corplhicks
Hadley
Boris2008
BillRoxx
ZombieHavoc
Vexer6
jstate
jettafiend
metalinmyveins
iamrockerfun
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
A Handful of Wayne
MEGATRON
Witchfinder
Eyesore
Andy
exact33
thejokeriv
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
vanillaviking
JBall_Z
mc666
MetalFRO
Troublezone
sam
XYZ
Addy
Schbopo
DeathCult
skullsmasher
akeldama
manny
Wargod
rattpoison
James B.
Shiney
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
TrogDawn
tohostudios
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Wurthless wrote:
Fly from Here was quite enjoyable though. That seems to be my opinion on reusing old ideas, I don't care as long as the end result is good.

I really like Fly From Here as well. I also don't care where the ideas come from as long as they are good.

Now, a case where revisiting old demos didn't work at all was Black Like Sunday by King's X, the majority of the tunes on that album deserved to sit on the shelf.

Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:38 pm

This is hilarious!!!!!!!! I posted this under my old "Metal Heart Persona" like, 4 years ago. Just to mess with Ult!!!! The last seven pages are silliness to the Ult-degree!!!! Wow. I am very impressed with myself right now.....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 10:04 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
This is hilarious!!!!!!!! I posted this under my old "Metal Heart Persona" like, 4 years ago. Just to mess with Ult!!!! The last seven pages are silliness to the Ult-degree!!!! Wow. I am very impressed with myself right now.....

We kept it warm for you until your return. AEROSMITH - Page 7 811939

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 11:07 am

If MG was keeping it warm, i'm skeert.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Aerosmith kicked off their world tour on Saturday. Not a bad set-list. Although I wish they would take 'I Don't Want To Miss A Thing', place it in a rocket and shoot it towards the sun...

Quote :
Legendary rockers AEROSMITH launched their "The Global Warming Tour" last night (Saturday, June 16) at Target Center in downtown Minneapolis in front of a sold-out crowd of about 14,000.

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Draw The Line
02. Love In An Elevator
03. Oh Yeah
04. Walkin' The Dog
05. Livin' On The Edge
06. Cryin'
07. Rag Doll
08. Last Child
09. S.O.S. (Too Bad)
10. Boogie Man
11. Combination
12. What It Takes
13. Legendary Child
14. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
15. Mama Kin
16. Sweet Emotion
17. Walk This Way

Encore:

18. Dream On
19. Train Kept A Rollin'

Nice to see them closing the show with 'Train' like back in the good old days. AEROSMITH - Page 7 387733

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 1:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Aerosmith kicked off their world tour on Saturday. Not a bad set-list. Although I wish they would take 'I Don't Want To Miss A Thing', place it in a rocket and shoot it towards the sun...

Quote :
Legendary rockers AEROSMITH launched their "The Global Warming Tour" last night (Saturday, June 16) at Target Center in downtown Minneapolis in front of a sold-out crowd of about 14,000.

The band's setlist was as follows:

01. Draw The Line
02. Love In An Elevator
03. Oh Yeah
04. Walkin' The Dog
05. Livin' On The Edge
06. Cryin'
07. Rag Doll
08. Last Child
09. S.O.S. (Too Bad)
10. Boogie Man
11. Combination
12. What It Takes
13. Legendary Child
14. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing
15. Mama Kin
16. Sweet Emotion
17. Walk This Way

Encore:

18. Dream On
19. Train Kept A Rollin'

Nice to see them closing the show with 'Train' like back in the good old days. AEROSMITH - Page 7 387733

Yes, good set list. I'd much rather see Dream On in the set list than Don't Want to Miss A Thing.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:54 am

Quote :
The release date of AEROSMITH's long-awaited 15th studio album, "Music From Another Dimension", has been pushed back from August 28 to November (via Columbia Records).

When does the new season of American Idol begin? Usually right after the World Series on Fox isn't it? So right around...November. Coincidence?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37906

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

When does the new season of American Idol begin? Usually right after the World Series on Fox isn't it? So right around...November. Coincidence?

"American Idol" usually starts in January, I believe.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:51 pm

Well there goes that theory. lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:35 am

New tune:

Not amazing, but solid. Nice to hear these guys just do an old-school rock song again. Weird mix, though. What the hell is that riff during the chorus that sounds like a duck trying to quack while being choked? Sounds horrible.

And the solo...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 1:40 am

Here we go:

Knew there would be some of this crap on the album. Sounds like a purchased song.
Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:22 am

Eyesore wrote:
What the hell is that riff during the chorus that sounds like a duck trying to quack while being choked? Sounds horrible.

And the solo...

There's a slide guitar riff mixed low in the left channel during the chorus, I guess that's what you are referring to.

I dig the guitar solo, the effect used creates a nice abrasive tone.

Overall one of the better Aerosmith tunes I've heard in quite a while, I definitely prefer it to the first single.

Last edited by S.D. on Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:28 am

Eyesore wrote:
Here we go:

Knew there would be some of this crap on the album. Sounds like a purchased song.

Yeah, that track sucks the big one. Dream On was such a classic, how they could slide THIS far downhill with their ballads is beyond me.

Here's your answer about songwriting...and it's painful that they brought in a different producer than the rest of the album to put this turkey together....

"Not surprisingly, Douglas didn’t produce this power-ballad. The honor goes to longtime friend and collaborator Marti Frederiksen, who also co-wrote the song along with Steven Tyler and keyboardist Russ Irwin (Frederiksen also helped write ‘Jaded’ from the ‘Just Push Play’ album)."
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 3:10 am

Ah, yes, Marti Frederiksen. Never a good sign.

For fans.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 5:43 am

Both songs sound awful.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:06 am

I hated the ballad but like the other tune, which I listened to on FB
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:15 am

"Why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot"

Brilliant stuff, Mr. Tyler...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:16 am

MEGATRON wrote:
"Why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot, why don't you know, don't you know what you got, why don't you know that she loves you a lot, I even know that she loves you a lot"

This tune is aimed at the bored housewives, not the hardcore Aerosmith fans, like me
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:30 am

S.D. wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Here we go:

Yeah, that track sucks the big one. Dream On was such a classic, how they could slide THIS far downhill with their ballads is beyond me.

Here's your answer about songwriting...and it's painful that they brought in a different producer than the rest of the album to put this turkey together....

"Not surprisingly, Douglas didn’t produce this power-ballad. The honor goes to longtime friend and collaborator Marti Frederiksen, who also co-wrote the song along with Steven Tyler and keyboardist Russ Irwin (Frederiksen also helped write ‘Jaded’ from the ‘Just Push Play’ album)."

That song is un-necessary and lame. It's not 1987 anymore. Sappy power ballads are no longer needed to sell an album. Put out 9 or 10 tracks that just rock. You want to do something slow? Make it a blues number. That song is crap-ola.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37906

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:32 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
It's not 1987 anymore.

Maybe 1987 is the "Another Dimension" of the album title.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:33 am

manny wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:

This tune is aimed at the bored housewives, not the hardcore Aerosmith fans, like me

I just hope there's some good stuff on this one. I was expecting the songs on this album to sound like 'The Grind' from Honkin' on Bobo. So far there's 2 crappy songs and 1 mediocre song. I'm not hard to please when it comes to new Aerosmith music: I even like Just Push Play! But these songs are bottom of the barrel...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:44 am

I want the new album to be good, but I'm afraid they are sorta stuck in that 90's hit-making mode. They found a format that got them plenty of radio and MTV airplay and stayed relevent. It worked great. They had unprecendented sales and popularity.

Unfortunatly, the times have changed and sadly Aerosmith has not. They're still using outside writers and looking for a slick radio-hit, which doesn't exist anymore.

KISS seems to have got it right. They locked themselves in a room and wrote a good rock album. No outside help, no corny ballads, no record companies looking for a hit. If Monster is as half as good as Sonic Boom was, I'll be extremely happy.

I'm think this new Aerosmith album will sound like their 90's albums. Might sound pretty good at first, but won't hold up over time.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I can't type and drink coffee at the same time)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:09 am

I hate hearing this because I want Aerosmith to release an ass kicking, rock n roll album, no more outside songwriters, hiring Jack Douglas sounded promising, maybe they should hired Bob Ezrin or Kevin Shirley to produce the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:20 am

Eyesore wrote:
New tune:

Not amazing, but solid. Nice to hear these guys just do an old-school rock song again. Weird mix, though. What the hell is that riff during the chorus that sounds like a duck trying to quack while being choked? Sounds horrible.

And the solo...

Now that song I like.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:23 am

manny wrote:
I hate hearing this because I want Aerosmith to release an ass kicking, rock n roll album, no more outside songwriters, hiring Jack Douglas sounded promising, maybe they should hired Bob Ezrin or Kevin Shirley to produce the damn thing.

Eh, that's all speculation on my part. I hope I'm wrong. But that ballad is just weak. And I saw the track listing on another site. I hope it was wrong, because 'What Could Have Been Love' is the lead off track. Starting off the album with a ballad? WTF?

According to Classic Rock mag...

01. What Could Have Been Love
02. Beautiful
03. Street Jesus
04. Legendary Child
05. Oh Yeah
06. We All Fall Down
07. Another Last Goodbye
08. Out Go the Lights
09. Love Three Times a Day (Hello Goodbye)
10. Closer
11. Shakey Ground
12. Lover A Lot
13. Freedom Fighter
14. Up On The Mountain

AEROSMITH - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next