Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aerosmith 80's

Go down 
+7
journeyman
MetalGuy71
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
mc666
Thrasher73
ultmetal
11 posters

Which is your favorite Aerosmith 80's release?
Rock in a Hard Place (82)
Aerosmith 80's Vote_lcap23%Aerosmith 80's Vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
Done With Mirrors (85)
Aerosmith 80's Vote_lcap14%Aerosmith 80's Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Permanent Vacation (87)
Aerosmith 80's Vote_lcap50%Aerosmith 80's Vote_rcap
 50% [ 11 ]
Pump (89)
Aerosmith 80's Vote_lcap13%Aerosmith 80's Vote_rcap
 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:33 am

What is your favorite Aerosmith album of the 80's? I only included actual studio albums and didn't include stuff like "Classics Live", "Gems", "Greatest Hits", etc.

I voted for "Rock in A Hard Place". It a fantastic album IMO. It has a few of my favorite Aerosmith songs including "Lighting Strikes" and "Jailbait". The music is a mixture of early 1980's heavy metal and 1970's blues-based hard rock.

I like all four albums. Some would say that "Permanent Vacation" was when Aerosmith "sold out." Aside from the over played radio hits and ballads, there is still plenty of hard rockin' songs. Besides, Aerosmith did ballads, funk based numbers and blues based songs on all their albums, including the classic 70's catalog. The only difference is that on PV the band began to incorporate more outside songwriters.

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:34 am

Done With Mirrors by far. I have loved that album since it came out. But there really isn't a dud in the 80's Aerosmith catalogue.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:39 am

voted for Permanent Vacation.Always loved that album.Even if people say they sold out,it was still a great album
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:41 am

i voted Permenant Vacation, as it is the only 80's era Aerosmith that i have. i'm not familiar with the others. i don't even really like Permenant Vacation much either.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:48 am

mc666 wrote:
i voted Permenant Vacation, as it is the only 80's era Aerosmith that i have. i'm not familiar with the others. i don't even really like Permenant Vacation much either.

Do you like the 70's stuff?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37906

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:56 am

I like'em all but PUMP is my favorite (as well as their last decent album IMHO) -- saw'em twice on the PUMP tour and they blew the frickin' roof off the joint both times!! 🤘

The underrated ROCK IN A HARD PLACE would be my second place pick.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by on Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:02 am

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:

absolutely,... well 4 out of 6 anyway. i just do not own any 80's Aerosmith other than Permenant Vacation.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 10:38 am

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:

absolutely,... well 4 out of 6 anyway. i just do not own any 80's Aerosmith other than Permenant Vacation.

That's cool. I was just going to suggest, if you like the 70's stuff, to check out "Rock in a Hard Place". It has a similar vibe to "Rocks" and "Night in the Ruts".

ult

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 11:48 am

Permanent Vacation. Not only is that the only one of those I'm familiar with from first song to the last, it is a great album IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 1:42 pm

Permanent Vacation.

That album came out when I was in high school and was really my introduction to the band. I had heard of them before, but never owned anything by them and only knew a song or 2. When a buddy gave me a copy of PV, he said "This is good, but if you like this, check out their 70's stuff. It's way better."
Back to top Go down

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 2:36 pm

Pump is my favorite. Second best album behind TITA.

Permanent Vacation is my second favorite. There is a reason why it was the biggest comeback album ever....

RIAHP and Done With Mirrors are decent, but they're not as good as the others.

But pretty much Aerosmith has ever done rulz.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2007 9:05 pm

Permanet Vacation. I saw them on that tour. Pump is really good too. Rock in a Hard Place and Done with Mirrors are still good, just not my favorites.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:19 am

ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
mc666 wrote:

That's cool. I was just going to suggest, if you like the 70's stuff, to check out "Rock in a Hard Place". It has a similar vibe to "Rocks" and "Night in the Ruts".
cool, i'll put it on my list to get. i love Rocks.

Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 12:42 am

Done With Mirrors was my first Aerosmith album (after Greatest Hits, that is) and while it remains and underrated classic in my mind, I'll take Permanent Vacation any day of the week. I don't hear any sellout (Pump might be a candidate for that), but Permanent Vacation is just a great album, start to finish.

Haven't heard Rock In A Hard Place, though. I'll snag it if I see it.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 2:26 pm

i'm a sucker for pump but RIAHB and PV are very close behind.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2007 3:24 pm

Androcles wrote:
But pretty much Aerosmith has ever done rulz.

🤘

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40645

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2007 8:18 pm

I chose Permanent Vacation because it's the one I'm most familiar with. I have Pump as well but don't listen to it near as much as Permanent Vacation. They seemed to get progressively worse with each release as far as I'm concerned (even into the 90s). However, I saw them with KISS a few years back (first time for Aerosmith,God knows what the number was for KISS) and they kicked ass (even the newer material sounded great live).They put on a tremendous show and I'd like to see them again if possible.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2256

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2007 10:49 pm

Rock in a Hard Place. My Favourite. ...I think "Permanent vacation" is underrated (by die-hards, not the mainstream). It has so many great songs, and the ballads are really good too - ...I don't see why you should complain too much about "Selling Out", when the songs are, in fact, really good (Metallica is another great example). And it's still ROCK'N'ROLL! It's not like they had a flawless, way over-clean production, or some rapper or female pop-singer as guests...IT'S AEROSMITH! Rock'n'Roll legends.

Cheers,

Gustav
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Aerosmith 80's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aerosmith 80's   Aerosmith 80's Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aerosmith 80's
Page 1 of 1