Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AEROSMITH

Go down 
+50
cruedevil71
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
corplhicks
Hadley
Boris2008
BillRoxx
ZombieHavoc
Vexer6
jstate
jettafiend
metalinmyveins
iamrockerfun
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
A Handful of Wayne
MEGATRON
Witchfinder
Eyesore
Andy
exact33
thejokeriv
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
vanillaviking
JBall_Z
mc666
MetalFRO
Troublezone
sam
XYZ
Addy
Schbopo
DeathCult
skullsmasher
akeldama
manny
Wargod
rattpoison
James B.
Shiney
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
TrogDawn
tohostudios
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37906

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:49 am

manny wrote:
I loved that book and a perfect description of DLR's writing style, love the guy but I would lose my mind if I had listen to Mr. Roth talk all day. Keith Richards is also in the writting his own memoir, that should be interesting.

Yea, DLR's book was hilarious but it took forever to get through. The man is the master of the run-on rambling sentence. I swear it seemed like he'd go on for three or four pages before you saw a period.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 5:07 pm

[quote="ultmetal"]
TrogDawn wrote:
Unfortunately people only seem to remember them for the radio hits, which were never that heavy.

With the possible exception of "Back in the Saddle" - that radio single was freakin' heavy for 1976, save for Black Sabbath & a couple other bands. I love "Rock And A Hard Place" as well, though I think by that time they were definitely starting to show their songwriting chops beginning to wear thin. I never understood the disdain for that album (despite Perry's absence), and all the love for "Done With Mirrors" which hasn't aged nearly as well, partially due to somewhat dodgy production. I have been a fan of some of their post-Vacation stuff, especially "Get a Grip". I think they've lost the plot somewhat in recent years, however. Hopefully they can record a strong rockin' album soon & get back to the business of being Aerosmith.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:07 am

Here it is confirmed for anyone going to see them on tour this summer:

Steven Tyler and Joey Kramer of Aerosmith have confirmed that when Aerosmith tour this year with ZZ Top, they will be playing the entirety of the 1975 album ‘Toys In The Attic.’
This announcement (which you can hear here) comes after Joe Perry told VH1 Classic Radio that he thought ‘Toys In The Attic’ would be fun to play in it’s entirety, rather than some of the band’s later material.
He said: “I think ‘Toys In The Attic’ would be fun. We do a lot of songs off the first four records anyway. We’ve jammed on ‘Uncle Salty’ on stage a few times. The later records with more songs on them, they would take up too much time in the set. We need to leave some room for some of the other standards.”
‘Toys In The Attic’, was released in 1975, and is one of the groups most successful albums. It includes some of their most popular singles including “Sweet Emotion,” and ‘Walk This Way.’
Aerosmith join the ranks of other classic rock artists who will be going out on the road with their old favourites this next year. Motley Crue plans to perform 1989’s ‘Dr Feelgood’ in it’s entirety for its 20th anniversary, while Judas Priest will be playing ‘British Steel’ on their forthcoming US run with Whitesnake.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:11 am

Zakk Wylde's comments regarding Aerosmith:

Zakk Wylde has laid into Aerosmith and professional songwriters in an interview with Gibson guitars.
We love Zakk Wylde basically because he writes huge smurfing riffs and has a no-ox manur approach to life and here, he’s taking no prisoners with Aerosmith.
“I laugh when I go into a music store and there’s a title called How To Write Songs,” says Wylde. “You can’t teach someone how to write a song.”
“Angus Young didn’t need books to learn to write Hells Bells. The musicians I grew up on and loved - like Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix - it’s their names on their songs. That’s the beauty of buying a record by a real artist.”
“Appetite for Destruction was written by Guns n’Roses, not some weak-asses like those lame songwriters on Aerosmith. Aerosmith wrote great songs like Dream On and Back in the Saddle when they were on booze and drugs.”
“Next thing you know, they get sober and bring songwriters in, and then it’s the most watered-down smurf poo. If you can’t write songs you’re as phoney as Britney Spears. You don’t have any business making records.”

I would take his comments more seriously if he didnot work for Ozzy, who has had other people write songs for him for the last 39 years and never gives them proper credit.
Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:52 am

manny wrote:

I would take his comments more seriously if he didnot work for Ozzy, who has had other people write songs for him for the last 39 years and never gives them proper credit.

Laughing very hard

Manny's on a roll...
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 2:05 pm

manny wrote:
Commented Tyler: "This is not just my take — this is the unbridled truth, the in-your-face, up-close and prodigious tale of Steven Tyler straight from the horse's lips."

Funny, considering some think he has lips the size of a horse's - a bit of self-effacing humor, perhaps? lol!

I don't have "Honkin' on Bobo" yet, but I plan to get it. I liked Aerosmith through "Get a Grip" but felt like they sort of lost the plot after that to an extent. I like some of what they did, but really felt like they had become a "regular rock band" at that point, and lost a lot of what made them unique & special, like the bluesy swagger and attitude of earlier efforts. I'm hoping they will release a real, ballsy hard rock record this time, like the early stuff. I'd be all over that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 8:54 pm

MetalFRO wrote:
I'm hoping they will release a real, ballsy hard rock record this time, like the early stuff. I'd be all over that.

Don't count on that. They have a hit making formula that's been working pretty well for them over the years since at least Get A Grip. If it ain't broke, don't fix it right?

However, I'd highly recommend Honkin' On Bobo. To me, it just sounds like the old days of the band being all together in one room and just kicking out the jams on some old blues standards. Having some fun and not caring about making a hit.

Speaking of Aerosmith, drummer Joey Kramer has an auto-biography coming out. I had no idea. My brother ordered it for me through Amazon for my birthday. It's not out till the end of the month. June 30th I believe.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:20 pm

does anyone else love Draw the Line as much as i do? i'd put it in my top 20 of classic rock/metal albums of all time. yet it seems to be the most over looked of their early output. i have no idea why.

rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 10:06 pm

The title track on Draw The Line is the best 'Smith song ever! Love the whole record save for "Kings And Queens" which is a bit too cheesy Heavy Metal for me.........more at home on a Dio record than a Aerosmith record.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 4:10 am

Get Your Wings and Rocks are my two faves. I lost interest in Aerosmith after Live! Bootleg, and didn't purchase another Aerosmith album until Done With Mirrors was released in '85. I've never even listened to Night in the Ruts or Rock in a Hard Place. I guess I've got some catching up to do.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:06 am

mc666 wrote:
does anyone else love Draw the Line as much as i do? i'd put it in my top 20 of classic rock/metal albums of all time. yet it seems to be the most over looked of their early output. i have no idea why.

I've recently "re-discovered" all my old Aerosmith and while Draw the Line wasn't a personal favorite, having not heard it in a few years, it sounded pretty darn good to me. "Milk Cow Blues" is a scorcher, even if it ain't originally theirs. The only song I don't care much for is "Can't Get It Up" and even that one's not that bad, just a little juvenille for me.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:07 pm

some Aerosmith news regarding the tour:

Aerosmith guitarist Brad Whitford will be reportedly sitting out part
of the band's upcoming Guitar Hero: Aerosmith Presents Aerosmith tour
dates with special guests ZZ Top as he recuperates from recent surgery. Bobby Schneck (who has played with Green Day, Weezer and SLASH) will be
filling in for the guitarist. Aerosmith regrets any inconvenience to
its fans and thanks everyone for their support. Steven Tyler and Joey Kramer of Aerosmith confirmed during a June 2nd
appearance on the WZLX radio station in Boston, Massachusetts that they
will play the entire "Toys In The Attic" album on their tour with ZZ
Top. "Toys In The Attic," Aerosmith's third album, was released in 1975 and
is one of their most successful records. It includes the classic
singles "Walk This Way" and "Sweet Emotion,", as well as "Adam's
Apple," "Big Ten-Inch Record," "Round And Round," "Uncle Salty" and the
title track.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Kings & Queens IMO is one of the best Aerosmith tunes ever!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:04 am

Addy wrote:
Kings & Queens IMO is one of the best Aerosmith tunes ever!

And I agree! 🤘

Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:11 pm

what a joke--they keep going on & on about doing the whole toys record..yet the alpine setlist i saw for last night says they cut "you see me crying" AGAIN, just like they did opening night..wtf?
they should cut any other *coughlivinontheedgecough* song, other than one they've been pimping for months now (meaning anything from toys).. confused
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:03 am

Joe Perry was in a minor motorcycle accident the other day. Nothing serious though...

http://www.comcast.net/articles/music/20100716/US.People.Joe.Perry.Hurt/

mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 2:10 pm

Yes it's about time, with their 70's producer on board, looking forward to this release next year:

Joe Perry has confirmed that Aerosmith are going to finally begin work on new album next month. "Whole band has plans to go into the studio with Jack Douglas second week of July to work on new Aero CD," he wrote on Twitter yesterday. Perry didn't bother showing up at Aerosmith's initial writing sessions earlier this year, and relations between him and Steven Tyler were so strained that a new album seemed unlikely. Perry's not speaking to the press, but his post shows he's gotten on board with the project. (Douglas produced many of the bands biggest albums of the 1970s, including Get Your Wings, Toys In The Attic and Rocks.)

Earlier this year, Aerosmith recorded a series of demos in Los Angeles. Tentative track titles included "Bobbing For Piranha," "Asphalt" and "Legendary Child." "They still sound like Aerosmith," wrote Rolling Stone's Brian Hiatt in a recent cover story about Tyler. "Slinky, riff-rock, big -chorused soul ballads, leaning more Seventies than Nineties." A representative for Perry told Rolling Stone that the guitarist was "unavailable" for the sessions, but while promoting his new gig on American Idol this year, Tyler repeatedly told the press that he and Perry were exchanging angry text messages.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 8:10 pm

They just need to go do it and stop talking about it, I'm tired of all the gossip they do about each other and any new music. In other words... LET THE MUSIC DO THE TALKING. It's probably gonna be lame anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:53 pm

So it looks like the next Aerosmith album will be a....concept album??

Quote :
Joe Bosso from MusicRadar caught up with producer Jack Douglas, engineer Warren Huart to discuss Aerosmith's forthcoming album. Here is a portion where Jack Douglas discusses the sound of the new album and we learn that it's actually a concept album:

http://heavyrocktheplaylist.blogspot.com/2012/02/aerosmith-recording-concept-album.html

Last edited by Shawn Of Fire on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:07 pm

Linky no worky, but lemme guess...

"It's the story of a young man who once fronted a great American rock band and decided to sell his soul to Hollywood and judge a karoke contest".

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37906

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Hopefully Lou Reed was nowhere near this project.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:10 pm

http://heavyrocktheplaylist.blogspot.com/2012/02/aerosmith-recording-concept-album.html

mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Here is a concept, write great songs, dump the outside songwriters, and play some kick ass rock n roll
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:15 pm

manny wrote:
Here is a concept, write great songs, dump the outside songwriters, and play some kick ass rock n roll

That's all I want. If there is a concept woven in, fine. Just don't suck. Be awesome.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 2:49 pm

manny wrote:

I agree! SCREW THE CONCEPT ALBUM! Just freakin' write a hard-n-heavy rock and roll album. No fillers. No outside songwriters. JUST FRIGGIN' ROCK!

AEROSMITH - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH
Page 3 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next