Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AEROSMITH

Go down 
+50
cruedevil71
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
corplhicks
Hadley
Boris2008
BillRoxx
ZombieHavoc
Vexer6
jstate
jettafiend
metalinmyveins
iamrockerfun
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
A Handful of Wayne
MEGATRON
Witchfinder
Eyesore
Andy
exact33
thejokeriv
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
vanillaviking
JBall_Z
mc666
MetalFRO
Troublezone
sam
XYZ
Addy
Schbopo
DeathCult
skullsmasher
akeldama
manny
Wargod
rattpoison
James B.
Shiney
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
TrogDawn
tohostudios
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

AEROSMITH - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 7:18 pm

So my wife digs shows like X Factor and The Voice, so I watch them with her at night. I actually enjoy The Voice. It's pretty funny and entertaining. Anyway, on the X Factor last night, one of the contestants covered "Dream On." Knowing his voice, I thought it was a terrible idea. But they changed it up a bit and I thought it was pretty bad-ass.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:58 am

Really enjoying this show right now, streamed live earlier today. Gotta love the Whisky, and the band really has it together. I would've preferred more camera angles and less cell phones, but whatever.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 10:55 am

That was very cool. Thanks for posting. Did I miss something? Where was Brad Whitford?

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That was very cool. Thanks for posting. Did I miss something? Where was Brad Whitford?

NP, glad you enjoyed it. Yeah I'm trying to figure out the same thing. Can't seem to find any info.

I thought it was cool how Slash joined them later on, although their ugly attempt at Welcome to the Jungle was ridiculous lol.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 4:55 pm

"Hey Steven, nice dress!!"  Laughing very hard 
AEROSMITH - Page 13 Hopo61

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 5:02 pm

Looking back over what I wrote in this thread previously, I need to at least nuance what I said. I've been digging some Aerosmith lately, and that includes exploring their late 80s and beyond catalog. Maybe I'm just becoming an aerofanatic, but I find myself liking most of their stuff, even their more "commercial" work. Don't get me wrong, their 70s stuff is still the best, but I have yet to hear an Aerosmith album I don't like. Maybe I'm a fanboy.

And Honkin' on Bobo is awesome.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 9:43 pm

Honkin on Bobo is awesome.

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 9:47 pm

So I finally took a deep listen to the debut which I've ignored for the longest time. What a great album! Much better than a lot of critics and fans let on. Of course I skipped bloody Dream On but the other numbers are terrific.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 9:49 pm

corplhicks wrote:
So I finally took a deep listen to the debut which I've ignored for the longest time. What a great album! Much better than a lot of critics and fans let on. Of course I skipped bloody Dream On but the other numbers are terrific.

Excellent debut album, and I even like the production on it, which truthfully is almost non-existent, but love how raw and bluesy they are on this album and IMO this is their only album where you can actually hear a bit of Stones influence on a few tracks
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 9:53 pm

manny wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

Excellent debut album, and I even like the production on it, which truthfully is almost non-existent, but love how raw and bluesy they are on this album and IMO this is their only album where you can actually hear a bit of Stones influence on a few tracks

Yes to everything you said. I even enjoy the production more than Toys, and those shades of Stones are raging here. What surprised me was how mature the songwriting was and how focused the whole album was for being a debut and all.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 2:41 pm

manny wrote:
corplhicks wrote:

There is allot of Yardbirds influence on that debut album too. Joe and Steven have always said that, but as I've become more familiar with the Yardbirds deeper tracks in recent years, I can really hear it now. Same thing for Joe's infatuation with blues guitarist Peter Green. Listening to old Fleetwood Mac albums, I can certainly hear what an impact they had on young Mr. Perry.

I love that debut album. Even Steven's more nasally vocal delivery.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:52 am

I saw this bootleg being mentioned in the "New Music Haul" thread. Looks like it's an "official" release, although it's not clear on exactly WHO is releasing it (Smokin'?). My guess is get it while you can before the Aero-lawyers catch wind of it.

Quote :
A vintage performance from Aerosmith‘s classic ’70s era has made its way back to collectors.
Titled ‘Baying at the Moon,’ the 2-LP set repackages the March 28, 1978 show that’s made the rounds on the bootleg circuit for years, capturing the Boston legends paying a visit to their hometown during a tour in support of the ‘Draw the Line‘ album. Although it’s easily available via YouTube or various traders’ sites, this latest edition presses the 19-track set list onto vinyl for a limited edition, 1,000-copy run.

As with most unofficial live recordings of the era, buyers shouldn't expect pristine audio fidelity, although the source tapes for ‘Baying at the Moon’ are probably a little higher-quality than most, as the show was originally broadcast live on Boston’s WBCN FM. It’s out now at import prices, and it’s also available on CD

Aerosmith ‘Baying at the Moon’ track listing:
Introduction
‘Rats in the Cellar’
‘I Wanna Know Why’
‘Big Ten Inch Record’
‘Walk This Way’
‘Sight for Sore Eyes’
‘Seasons of Wither’
‘Sweet Emotion’
‘Lord of the Thighs’
‘Kings and Queens’
‘Chip Away the Stone’
‘Get the Lead Out’
‘Get It Up’
‘Draw the Line’
‘Same Old Song and Dance’
‘Toys in the Attic’
‘Milk Cow Blues’
‘Train Kept A-Rollin”
Outro

AEROSMITH - Page 13 71vkKpgIyTL._SL1500_

Here's the Amazon link for cd...
http://www.amazon.com/Baying-At-Moon-Aerosmith/dp/B00GO2OOOG/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1413294431&sr=1-1&keywords=aerosmith+baying+at+the+moon

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 10:53 am

I was read Wikpedia - Get Your Wings -
and was surprised at Train Kept A Rollin'
The first lead guitar is by Steve Hunter ( studio )
The 2nd lead guitar by Dick Wagner - ( live )
Crowd noise was from Concert -
According to Douglas, the crowd noise at the end of the track was taken from a "wild track" from The Concert for Bangladesh, which the producer had worked on
Anyways. Thought that was Joe's best solos EVER - lol - figures -
Like KISS All American Man / Larger Than Life -
thought it was Ace. not Rick Derringer and Bob Kulick Sad
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:13 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I saw this bootleg being mentioned in the "New Music Haul" thread. Looks like it's an "official" release, although it's not clear on exactly WHO is releasing it (Smokin'?). My guess is get it while you can before the Aero-lawyers catch wind of it.

Quote :
A vintage performance from Aerosmith‘s classic ’70s era has made its way back to collectors.
Titled ‘Baying at the Moon,’ the 2-LP set repackages the March 28, 1978 show that’s made the rounds on the bootleg circuit for years, capturing the Boston legends paying a visit to their hometown during a tour in support of the ‘Draw the Line‘ album. Although it’s easily available via YouTube or various traders’ sites, this latest edition presses the 19-track set list onto vinyl for a limited edition, 1,000-copy run.

As with most unofficial live recordings of the era, buyers shouldn't expect pristine audio fidelity, although the source tapes for ‘Baying at the Moon’ are probably a little higher-quality than most, as the show was originally broadcast live on Boston’s WBCN FM. It’s out now at import prices, and it’s also available on CD

Aerosmith ‘Baying at the Moon’ track listing:
Introduction
‘Rats in the Cellar’
‘I Wanna Know Why’
‘Big Ten Inch Record’
‘Walk This Way’
‘Sight for Sore Eyes’
‘Seasons of Wither’
‘Sweet Emotion’
‘Lord of the Thighs’
‘Kings and Queens’
‘Chip Away the Stone’
‘Get the Lead Out’
‘Get It Up’
‘Draw the Line’
‘Same Old Song and Dance’
‘Toys in the Attic’
‘Milk Cow Blues’
‘Train Kept A-Rollin”
Outro

AEROSMITH - Page 13 71vkKpgIyTL._SL1500_

Here's the Amazon link for cd...
http://www.amazon.com/Baying-At-Moon-Aerosmith/dp/B00GO2OOOG/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1413294431&sr=1-1&keywords=aerosmith+baying+at+the+moon

I bought this a few months back. It's good. It's an old radio broadcast from 1978, at the Music Hall in Boston, MA. I was surprised that it was being sold in major retail stores and not just on the internet.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2018 12:39 pm

Folks familiar with "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" have probably seen these bits. They play tunes on kiddie instruments. Last week, Aerosmith got in on the act and covered 'Walk This Way' with Jimmy and The Roots. Enjoy!

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9941

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 1:09 am

I picked up rocks earlier this summer while on vacations. Great album. Made me regain some interest in Aerosmith, since i never was a big fan of these guys, aside from a few tracks here and there.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 7:51 pm

I will always love and revere their back catalog, but I don't really listen to anything from these guys post 1993. They have fallen into the same category as Leppard, Jovi, Ozzy, and Geoff Tate- I don't rush out week of release to grab the newest album, eventually I get it on the cheap and hope for the best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13