Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AEROSMITH

Go down 
+50
cruedevil71
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
corplhicks
Hadley
Boris2008
BillRoxx
ZombieHavoc
Vexer6
jstate
jettafiend
metalinmyveins
iamrockerfun
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
A Handful of Wayne
MEGATRON
Witchfinder
Eyesore
Andy
exact33
thejokeriv
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
vanillaviking
JBall_Z
mc666
MetalFRO
Troublezone
sam
XYZ
Addy
Schbopo
DeathCult
skullsmasher
akeldama
manny
Wargod
rattpoison
James B.
Shiney
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
TrogDawn
tohostudios
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7634

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:07 am

There is no legal difference between making tapes and downloading. The only difference is one of scale.

So I guess this thread is totally derailed now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 11:10 am

I really hated when the tape would break and you'd have to fix it. Always had a little squibble at that point in the song.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:20 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
People still use tapes? I thought he was being sarcastic with that sig.
He might be, but I've seen the argument before. People say illegal downloading won't harm music because cassette-dubbing never did, as if the two are somehow the same.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:22 pm

BTW for anyone who gives a rat's ass, Aerosmith are going to debut their new single tonight on 'American Idol'
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 5:28 pm

manny wrote:
BTW for anyone who gives a rat's ass, Aerosmith are going to debut their new single tonight on 'American Idol'

LOL!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'll wait until it shows up on youtube. I'm not going to subject myself to the torture of watching AI
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:54 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

LOL!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'll wait until it shows up on youtube. I'm not going to subject myself to the torture of watching AI
Man, one of the two finalists, Phillip Phillips (yeah, nice name), is bad-ass!
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:14 pm

The new album is called 'Music from Another Dimension' and can be pre-ordered on iTunes. The track 'Legendary Child' is available for download to those that pre-order and is available for streaming on the band's Facebook page.

1. What Could Have Been Love
2. Beautiful
3. Street Jesus
4. Legendary Child
5. Oh Yeah
6. We All Fall Down
7. Another Last Goodbye
8. Out Go the Lights
9. Love Three Times a Day (Hello Goodbye)
10. Closer
11. Shakey Ground
12. Lover a Lot
13. Freedom Fighter
14. Up on the Mountain

Last edited by MEGATRON on Wed May 23, 2012 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:14 pm

I flipped over from the Cardinals game to watch it. I thought the new single was mega-meh. Sleep

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:18 pm

Where can I get a Tyler special limited-edition release action-figure?
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:36 pm

http://www.iheartradio.com/iplaylist/artist/3508/

New single, "Legendary Child", is here.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:41 pm

I dig the new single, and it does sound like old school Aerosmith
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 11:01 pm

That song blows... sounds really boring and uninspired. Its actually a older song from Get A Grip, they should have left it behind.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:53 am

tohostudios wrote:
I flipped over from the Cardinals game to watch it. I thought the new single was mega-meh. Sleep
Really? I thought the band sounded like ass—Joe's guitar was way too loud and seemed to be in the wrong key—but the song sounded like it'll be pretty good.

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:08 am

That song sounds like a leftover from the late 80s with slightly more modern production. Pretty blase overall, I don't hear a return to their older sound at all. The last Aerosmith album I really liked was Permanent Vacation, if this tune is any indication of the new album that won't be changing.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:16 am

So not a classic sound, unless early 90s Aerosmith is classic now. Haha. Solid tune. Really could use a more in-your-face guitar tone rather than the subdued radio-friendly tone it has, but I guess beggars can't be choosers anymore when it comes to these guys.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:24 am

It sounded like old school Aerosmith with outside songwriter help to me
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:52 am

I liked it, I thought it was very cool and heard alot of people say the same thing about the new Van Halen album, meh, then suddenly people started changing their minds.

IMO sounds like classic Aerosmith, with as eyesore points out, mid 90's production values, lyrically its a throw back and musically its nice to see Joe Perry's guitar upfront and center, as it should be.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:25 am

It's not bad. I like Joe's guitar work. It's on the new GI Joe movie soundtrack too...

Sounds like Aerosmith to me.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 7:05 pm

manny wrote:
I dig the new single, and it does sound like old school Aerosmith

While I was hoping maybe they'd recapture a bit more of the 70's sound/feel, "Legendary Child" sounds to me like it could have been on "Permanent Vacation", "Pump" or "Get a Grip", so fans of the 80's and 90's output of the band shouldn't be disappointed by it. I guess I just love "Rocks" too much and was hoping for more of that Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:51 pm

New album cover maybe?

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Aerosmithmusic

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 12:54 pm

manny wrote:
I liked it, I thought it was very cool and heard alot of people say the same thing about the new Van Halen album, meh, then suddenly people started changing their minds.

IMO sounds like classic Aerosmith, with as eyesore points out, mid 90's production values, lyrically its a throw back and musically its nice to see Joe Perry's guitar upfront and center, as it should be.

Looks like everyone is digging through their old tapes these days... Razz

Quote :
AEROSMITH premiered "Legendary Child"with a live performance during the season finale of "American Idol". It is a reworked version of a song originally written in 1991 during the sessions for the "Get A Grip" album.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:02 pm

Song's not bad, hope they have some better stuff though.

[quote]Looks like everyone is digging through their old tapes these days... Razz
[/

Easier then writing new stuff I guess.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:05 pm

[quote="Dark Horseman"]Song's not bad, hope they have some better stuff though.

Quote :
Looks like everyone is digging through their old tapes these days... Razz
[/

Easier then writing new stuff I guess.

Probably, especially if you're trying to recapture that "classic sound". I'm sure it's nothing new for most artists to revisit old material. Just seems like it getting more widely reported these days. The internet knows all. Cool

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:47 pm

Going back and revisiting old demo material is nothing new, I'm sure it happens all the time but we just don't hear about it.

Another recent case is the Yes album "Fly From Here" which was based off early 80s Buggles demos.

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5067

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:50 pm

Fly from Here was quite enjoyable though. That seems to be my opinion on reusing old ideas, I don't care as long as the end result is good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AEROSMITH - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH
Page 6 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next