Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AEROSMITH

Go down 
+50
cruedevil71
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
corplhicks
Hadley
Boris2008
BillRoxx
ZombieHavoc
Vexer6
jstate
jettafiend
metalinmyveins
iamrockerfun
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
A Handful of Wayne
MEGATRON
Witchfinder
Eyesore
Andy
exact33
thejokeriv
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
vanillaviking
JBall_Z
mc666
MetalFRO
Troublezone
sam
XYZ
Addy
Schbopo
DeathCult
skullsmasher
akeldama
manny
Wargod
rattpoison
James B.
Shiney
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
TrogDawn
tohostudios
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:40 pm

manny wrote:
I did forget that Tyler being on that show did boost Aerosmith's discography sales, so that is a positive and once the album gets release, I am sure they will preview the video/single on the show, appear on the season finale and have an episode dedicated to Aerosmith, with a new tie in comp disc to boot.

I'd bet the farm on that one. Cross-promotions out the wazoo.

Thankfully that single he released last summer seemed to go over like a fart in church, so here's hoping that solo album he's talked about is on-hold.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:52 pm

Quote :
For God's sake he replaced a woman who once sang with animated cat!!! That should tell him something.

Smile
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 4:53 am

Not a fan of Tyler or Aerosmith ( I have their Greatest Hits CD though) and I do watch AI like a rabid 13-year old girl

Here's the Oprah Interview discussing his colorful life as a Rockstar (Warning : 90 Minutes!)
In case you haven't watched it yet, it's pretty touching I would say, this episode is almost a month old if Im not mistaken

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:05 am

Has anyone considered that maybe now that Tyler sees the value of television, that this "they're riding my coattails" drama is manufactured for attention by the whole band and management?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:48 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Has anyone considered that maybe now that Tyler sees the value of television, that this "they're riding my coattails" drama is manufactured for attention by the whole band and management?

Absoutley. However, I think it's all manufactured by Tyler on his own for HIS benefit.

If he gets on Oprah or ruffles some feathers on tv, it sells his book. If it makes him more interesting to the viewing public, he can go to Fox and get a raise for next season on AI. The fact that it attracts attention to the band is just a bonus, icing on the cake.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12678

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 am

Gee, I don't play my old Aerosmith records cause I saw Steven on TV in 2012. I play them cause I saw them onstage at Cal Jam 2 in 1976.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:43 am

James B. wrote:
Gee, I don't play my old Aerosmith records cause I saw Steven on TV in 2012. I play them cause I saw them onstage at Cal Jam 2 in 1976.

Classic performance. Raw, sloppy, heavy rock and roll! Nugent and Frank Marino ruled as well.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:46 am

James B. wrote:

Lucky you.

But a 12 year old kid might download their greatest hits because someone sang 'I Don't Want To Miss A Thing' on American Idol last night. Or some housewife in Bumblef*ck, Indiana saw his Oprah interview and then the next day when she's in Wally World, stocking up on Little Debbie snack cakes and Dale Jr. bedsheets, she see's Steven's book and decides to pick it up.

It's all about finding new and young fans, not old farts like us.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 am

Look, Steven is a douche who happened to makes some great music. Even douches get lucky sometimes.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:33 am

Aerosmith on tour this summer - and Steven Tyler promises to make out with your mother:

AEROSMITH, America's greatest rock and roll band, will start your summer sizzling and have you dancing around the fires of rock n' roll again. After blowing away audiences in South America and Japan, the Bad Boys from Boston are back to rock America's soul, with "The Global Warming Tour" playing 18 markets beginning on June 16 in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Support on the trek will come from CHEAP TRICK.

"The old AEROSMITH is back with a new vengeance and we will kick your ass and make out with your mothers," says Steven Tyler.

Joe Perry adds, "Can't wait to bring this band back home. It feels like we've been away too long."

Live Nation is the national tour promoter for AEROSMITH's North American tour. This summer's hottest ticket will go on sale March 30 and 31 at Ticketmaster.com and LiveNation.com. The first round of tour dates are below with additional dates for a second leg to be announced shortly. Beginning on Thursday, March 29, fans that visit www.livenation.com/aerosmith and RSVP to the presale will have early access to tickets.

Bassist Tom Hamilton says, "After touring Japan and South America last year we're psyched about bringing it all back for the hometown fans. We're going to break out the classics, the hits and maybe even some of the new ones we've been banging out in the studio. Can't wait to get to Minneapolis!"

"The Global Warming Tour" dates (first leg):

Jun. 16 - Minneapolis, MN - Target Center
Jun. 19 - Cleveland, OH - Quicken Loans Arena
Jun. 22 - Chicago, IL - United Center
Jun. 27 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Jul. 01 - Uniondale, NY - Nassau Coliseum
Jul. 03 - Bristow, VA - Jiffy Lube Live
Jul. 05 - Detroit, MI - The Palace of Auburn Hills
Jul. 07 - Milwaukee, WI - Marcus Amphitheater, Summerfest
Jul. 17 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
Jul. 21 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
Jul. 24 - East Rutherford, NJ - IZOD Center
Jul. 26 - Atlanta, GA - Philips Arena
Jul. 28 - Dallas, TX - American Airlines Center
Jul. 30 - Houston, TX - Toyota Center
Aug. 01 - Denver, CO - Pepsi Center
Aug. 04 - Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena
Aug. 06 - Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl
Aug. 08 - Tacoma, WA - Tacoma Dome
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 9:38 am

Just did a quick check - ticket prices in my area are from $46 to $176 and the LA show range is from $56 to $356....... Ticket prices are really getting out of hand this year, that is just insane! I've seen them once, no need for me to go again.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2012 1:59 pm

My brother sent me a text this morning asking if I want to go. I haven't seen ticket prices yet, but I'll probably pass. I can stay late and "work" the night of the show instead.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 11:43 am

Tickets range from $49.50 to $149.50 in my area. Too rich for my blood, but not quite as high as I expected.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23226

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 12:22 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Just did a quick check - ticket prices in my area are from $46 to $176 and the LA show range is from $56 to $356....... Ticket prices are really getting out of hand this year, that is just insane! I've seen them once, no need for me to go again.

wow. that is a lot.

Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2012 5:23 pm

Got my tickets for the show in Philly. I haven't seen either of these legendary bands before and they're not getting any younger so I can justify the ticket price.

I'm interested to see the crowd that shows up in terms of actual Aerosmith fans as opposed to Steven Tyler/American Idol fans. Either way, it's good for the band and good for hard rock music.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:37 am

Ugh! Steven, have you no shame? The King got his claws in you now too, shilling for fast food.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37752

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 11:17 am

^^ Saw this on TV a couple of nights ago, I actually thought it was pretty funny.
Manager: "You need a hair net, Tyler."
Tyler: "You need to get some HAIR." Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 12:08 pm

wonder if ya are gonna get an American Idol and/or Burger King logo on your upcoming Aerosmith tour shirt ?

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:30 pm

Big Fan of their Greatest Hits CD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:48 pm

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAfUcPmxYiPb_XRy8E0cyIGx-abLJWUdxr27jdsx08uQBOaFFixg

Big difference between home taping and downloading online. Somebody had to buy a record before you could record it onto a blank tape, Also the record industry had it's biggest years after the advent of blank cassette tapes being sold. Also......blank tape companies paid a license fee to publishing companies kinda/sorta like club owners do for cover bands to be able at their establishments.

Now back to Aerosmith. I had this killer homemade tape. 120 minute TDK. Picked my favorite songs from The debut through Draw The Line from records I bought myself are were given to me. What a concept

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:40 pm

James B. wrote:
AEROSMITH - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAfUcPmxYiPb_XRy8E0cyIGx-abLJWUdxr27jdsx08uQBOaFFixg

Big difference between home taping and downloading online. Somebody had to buy a record before you could record it onto a blank tape, Also the record industry had it's biggest years after the advent of blank cassette tapes being sold. Also......blank tape companies paid a license fee to publishing companies kinda/sorta like club owners do for cover bands to be able at their establishments.

Now back to Aerosmith. I had this killer homemade tape. 120 minute TDK. Picked my favorite songs from The debut through Draw The Line from records I bought myself are were given to me. What a concept

And unlike illegal downloading, home taping increased record sales - the trading of tapes helped the underground metal scene in a huge way. My friends and I would tape albums for each other or borrow an album and make a tape of it which actually lead to going to the record store and purchasing the album so we could have our own copy.

Now that doesn't happen, people just download and never actually buy the product......

120 minute tapes? I HATED those -they would always break because the tape was so damn thin!!!!!
Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 9:24 pm

I don't think the tape in 120 minute cassettes was any thinner, there just just too much on the spool.

Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:58 pm

S.D. wrote:
I don't think the tape in 120 minute cassettes was any thinner, there just just too much on the spool.

No, they're actually thinner, plus they are more prone to playback malfunctions

Back to Tyler, any Tyler action figures or Tyler coffee mugs out there? I'd love to order one.

I heard there is even a Steven Tyler App on the works right now Laughing
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 1:37 am

James B. wrote:

I always love when people post things like that, as if it's anything like illegal downloading.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2012 9:27 am

People still use tapes? I thought he was being sarcastic with that sig.

AEROSMITH - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next