Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AEROSMITH

Go down 
+50
cruedevil71
MetallicSeminarian
bass63
corplhicks
Hadley
Boris2008
BillRoxx
ZombieHavoc
Vexer6
jstate
jettafiend
metalinmyveins
iamrockerfun
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Wurthless
A Handful of Wayne
MEGATRON
Witchfinder
Eyesore
Andy
exact33
thejokeriv
EmoElmo
Dark Horseman
Shawn Of Fire
Metal Misfit
vanillaviking
JBall_Z
mc666
MetalFRO
Troublezone
sam
XYZ
Addy
Schbopo
DeathCult
skullsmasher
akeldama
manny
Wargod
rattpoison
James B.
Shiney
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
TrogDawn
tohostudios
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Count me in as someone who digs ROCK IN A HARD PLACE. That disc is underrated as hell. Come on folks, "Lightning Strikes" = :metal: !!!
Oh yeah that tour is the first I saw them. Lightning Strikes is great. Don't think this album is under-rated at all, just not one of their biggest sellers. This song has been in their set list for awhile.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:35 pm

wmcollis wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Count me in as someone who digs ROCK IN A HARD PLACE. That disc is underrated as hell. Come on folks, "Lightning Strikes" = :metal: !!!
Oh yeah that tour is the first I saw them. Lightning Strikes is great. Don't think this album is under-rated at all, just not one of their biggest sellers. This song has been in their set list for awhile.

That was my first Aerosmith tour as well. Rock in a Hard Place is fantastic IMO!

Quote :
"Lightning Strikes" = :metal: !!!

Indeed.

Bolivian Ragauffin, Jailbait, Rock in a Hard Place, Jig Is Up... great record!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:39 pm

'Rock In a Hard Place' is a kick ass album, Jimmy Crespo was bad ass, and played in a more modern metal style then Joe Perry's more blues based rock style.

This was also the first concert I went to, when I was 12 my older brother took me, to what was called a Rock Superbowl with Bryan Adams opening, then Aerosmith, and Journey headlining. I was so far away they looked like ants, and Aerosmith cut their set short, when Tyler's microphone kept going out, he got pissed threw the mic at a roadie and walked off.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 3:59 pm

manny wrote:
'Rock In a Hard Place' is a kick ass album, Jimmy Crespo was bad ass, and played in a more modern metal style then Joe Perry's more blues based rock style.

This was also the first concert I went to, when I was 12 my older brother took me, to what was called a Rock Superbowl with Bryan Adams opening, then Aerosmith, and Journey headlining. I was so far away they looked like ants, and Aerosmith cut their set short, when Tyler's microphone kept going out, he got pissed threw the mic at a roadie and walked off.

That sucks. I saw 'em at the Spectrum in Philly with Pat Travers opening.

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:04 pm

ultmetal wrote:
wmcollis wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

That was my first Aerosmith tour as well. Rock in a Hard Place is fantastic IMO!

Quote :

Indeed.

I stand corrected. I looked it up and it was actually the "Back In The Saddle Tour" that was I guess not in support of any album, but between Rock In A Hard Place and Done With Mirrors. I knew that Rock In A Hard Place was the latest album, but I also remember Joe Perry being there.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:04 pm

wmcollis wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
wmcollis wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Quote :

Indeed.

I stand corrected. I looked it up and it was actually the "Back In The Saddle Tour" that was I guess not in support of any album, but between Rock In A Hard Place and Done With Mirrors. I knew that Rock In A Hard Place was the latest album, but I also remember Joe Perry being there.

Saw that tour at the Spectrum as well. Ted Nugent was the opening act. AEROSMITH - Page 4 11840

mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:
wmcollis wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
wmcollis wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Quote :

Indeed.

Saw that tour at the Spectrum as well. Ted Nugent was the opening act. AEROSMITH - Page 4 11840

Saw the same tour with Black and Blue opening at the Lakeland Civic Center, now that was a kick ass show, wish I had bootleg of the show I attended
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 9:41 am

Another rock bio on its way next year:

Earlier today, Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry revealed via his official Twitter account that he had started work on his autobiography.

"Officially started writing my biography this week," he wrote. "More info. to come soon re: publisher, tentative release date, etc..."

Perry's Aerosmith bandmate Steven Tyler released his own book last year, Does The Noise in My Head Bother You?: A Rock 'n' Roll Memoir.

Aerosmith are currently finishing up work on what will become their fifteenth studio album. The as-yet-untitled effort is due sometime later this year.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:43 am

I'll read it though I have a feeling it will be similar to the Walk The Way Biography. Struggling youth gets into rock band, band become successful, drugs take over and splits up band, guitarist hits rock bottom, band reunites and fills stadiums, the struggle with drugs continues, decades later-drug free and living the dream with sexy wife.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12795

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:49 am

manny wrote:

Saw the same tour with Black and Blue opening at the Lakeland Civic Center, now that was a kick ass show, wish I had bootleg of the show I attended

Black n Blue was a fun band onstage

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2012 11:51 am

ultmetal wrote:
I'll read it though I have a feeling it will be similar to the Walk The Way Biography. Struggling youth gets into rock band, band become successful, drugs take over and splits up band, guitarist hits rock bottom, band reunites and fills stadiums, the struggle with drugs continues, decades later-drug free and living the dream with sexy wife.

I like Joe, but yea, it's starting to get a little thin. What more can be told about the band that hasn't already been said. The band had their say, Steven and Joey re-hashed it, now Joe's gonna put his spin on things? I'd like Joe to remain a bit mysterious and cool. Some things are better left unsaid.

I still wish I didn't know that Steven dabbled in man-love. I don't want another revelation like that.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:03 pm

I have the 60 minutes from last night on my DVR and I have not watched it yet but the reaction from this long time fan was not all together positive, anyone who watched it last night what are your thoughts, here is the reaction from the fan:

Did you watch 60 Minutes last night and see the special Aerosmith feature? I was excited for the feature all week... and ended up cringing during the entire segment. The relationship between the band members seems brutal right now. Who knows if this is accurate or a result of selective editing, but it was pretty upsetting for a lifelong fan like me.

Journalist Lara Logan got to travel with the band during their recent South American tour. The segment showed live show performance video in addition to the traditional interview content. Most of the piece focused on lead singer Steven Tyler and his relationship with the rest of the band.

"He wouldn't be on that show if he wasn't in the band, being part of Aerosmith," guitarist Joe Perry said when asked about Steven Tyler's position as a judge on 'American Idol.'

Things sort of went downhill - Tyler was in a contentious mood. Of the other band members, he said "I think my perfectionism and my busting everyone's chops is what got this band to where it is today." When talking about the rest of the band he even said, "They ride my coattail... They don't like me."

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Tyler has turned into a huge joke, a parody of himself. He should hang out with Ozzy.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:20 pm

S.D. wrote:
Tyler has turned into a huge joke, a parody of himself. He should hang out with Ozzy.

Thankfully my hero Alice (so far) has avoided becoming a parody of himself, maybe because he does not take himself that serious.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:40 pm

His job of singing for Aerosmith is secondary. He's a karoke judge on a tv show. That's where his priorities lie anymore, as well it should be. It's his main source of income. He'll make more money in his brief tv career than he ever made in Aerosmith.

If they ever do finish this album they're supposedly working on, I suspect it will be their last with Steven. Sad. I really want them to come back strong, but he's perfoming for a tv audience now, not the music fans.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 2:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
His job of singing for Aerosmith is secondary. He's a karoke judge on a tv show. That's where his priorities lie anymore, as well it should be. It's his main source of income. He'll make more money in his brief tv career than he ever made in Aerosmith.

If they ever do finish this album they're supposedly working on, I suspect it will be their last with Steven. Sad. I really want them to come back strong, but he's perfoming for a tv audience now, not the music fans.

I am sure you are right but that is so ass backwards, if it was not for Aerosmith he would not even be on that show!!! Plus the man has more money then you and I could even begin to spend. At 64, IMO professionally Aerosmith should be his priority, it was that band that made him a legend.

For God's sake he replaced a woman who once sang with animated cat!!! That should tell him something.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Ugh! 60 year old men living high school drama. Shut the hell up and record some good friggin' music, bunch of whiny cry-babies! I love Aerosmith. They have been my favorite band since the 70's, but this drama is about as goofy as it gets. My teenage daughter on the high school cheer team sees less drama.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:11 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Ugh! 60 year old men living high school drama. Shut the hell up and record some good friggin' music, bunch of whiny cry-babies! I love Aerosmith. They have been my favorite band since the 70's, but this drama is about as goofy as it gets. My teenage daughter on the high school cheer team sees less drama.

Maybe these guys need this type of drama to create a classic old school metal album, at least that is what I am hoping for, 'Rocks 2012'!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:15 pm

Quote :
At 64, IMO professionally Aerosmith should be his priority, it was that band that made him a legend.

He reportedly got 18 million "other" reasons this season to make American Idol his number one priority. All for himself. No band members to split that with, no overhead, no touring, no running around on stage every night.

It saddens me, but I can't say I blame him.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:18 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
At 64, IMO professionally Aerosmith should be his priority, it was that band that made him a legend.

He reportedly got 18 million "other" reasons this season to make American Idol his number one priority. All for himself. No band members to split that with, no overhead, no touring, no running around on stage every night.

It saddens me, but I can't say I blame him.

I can't say I blame him either but its not like he needed the money, he is not exactly living in Potter's Field like those chics in Vixen are.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Maybe Steven is really judging on Idol so he can find his replacement in Aerosmith Laughing very hard

The last thing I really liked by this band as a whole is Done With Mirrors or perhaps Permanent Vacation ?. They have a scattered bit of good material since those releases IMHO. I'd really dig on some inspired self written tunes by the guys before it's all said and done. I am not holding my breath.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:28 pm

James B. wrote:
Maybe Steven is really judging on Idol so he can find his replacement in Aerosmith Laughing very hard

The last thing I really liked by this band as a whole is Done With Mirrors or perhaps Permanent Vacation ?. They have a scattered bit of good material since those releases IMHO. I'd really dig on some inspired self written tunes by the guys before it's all said and done. I am not holding my breath.

I believe that is what they are doing, no outside writers, just the boys in the band and producer Jack Douglas, but who knows, maybe the label asked them or forced outside writers on them.

Why can't they be like the Stones, where no outside songwriters are allowed within a mile of Keith Richards coke spoons or Jagger's bimbos?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:33 pm

manny wrote:

Why can't they be like the Stones, where no outside songwriters are allowed within a mile of Keith Richards coke spoons or Jagger's bimbos?

That would be interesting....have Mick n Keith write an album worth of tunes for Aerosmith to record ?

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Who's gonna turn down that kinda scratch? Especially a musician, who let's face it, is probably in the twilight of their career. The music industry itself is circling the crapper and realistically speaking, Aerosmith maybe had an album or 2 left in them. Add the hassle of touring and that workload, he'd be foolish to turn a tv offer down. And it did give the band a boost. So their's that aspect of it.

I don't mean to sound like I'm trying to defend his actions. As a long time fan, I hate it. It sucks. But it's a reality and I'm just gonna shrug my shoulders and hope for the best. They had a good run and if that's the end of Aerosmith as we know it, well, I'm ok with it I guess. Nothing I can do about it anyway.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 3:37 pm

I did forget that Tyler being on that show did boost Aerosmith's discography sales, so that is a positive and once the album gets release, I am sure they will preview the video/single on the show, appear on the season finale and have an episode dedicated to Aerosmith, with a new tie in comp disc to boot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AEROSMITH - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH   AEROSMITH - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next