Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Soul Thread

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
exact33
blacksalad
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Gilbert
the sentinel
mez
jmapot
Troublezone
Required Fields
manny
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
James B.
romeolimagolf
MetalGuy71
nevermore
martinsane
Vordul
Shiney
jstate
ghost
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:46 am

This new song may be on their Myspace, but here it is anyway:

http://www.acetate.com/audio/motorcity.html
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 8:09 am

Sheesh, it's a crying shame Kory's voice is completely gone. That music rocks and the song would be killer if he could even remotely carry a tune...

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:47 am

whoa....what is this new sound I am taking in??

I just discovered this band...after listening to all you grandpas rave about this when I first joined HOM...now I have taken the time to do a little snooping into Warrior soul...what can I say they are badass. Wish I got around to em earlier.

I really like space age playboys....the whole acid punk/heavy metal thing rules.

Now, to track down their albums... :glee:
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:39 am

Get Salutations From The Ghetto Nation. Most WS fans agree it's their best one.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:40 am

Stender wrote:

I just discovered this band...after listening to all you grandpas rave about this when I first joined HOM...now I have taken the time to do a little snooping into Warrior soul...what can I say they are badass. Wish I got around to em earlier.

I really like space age playboys....the whole acid punk/heavy metal thing rules.

Well it's about TIME young'in. Welcome to the party.

P.S. You ever call me a "grandpa" again I'm gonna have to kick your ass. Laughing

Quote :

What he said. I'll be listening to that one later today as a matter of fact.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:42 am

tohostudios wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 8:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Stender wrote:

Well it's about TIME young'in. Welcome to the party.

P.S. You ever call me a "grandpa" again I'm gonna have to kick your ass. Laughing

Quote :

What he said. I'll be listening to that one later today as a matter of fact.

Don't mind Stender; he's just a "Punk and Belligerent". But he will be in for an "Ass Kickin'" if he keeps it up. Ah...I "Love Destruction"...

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 10:15 am

manny wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

+1

I have Freddy & Spec to thank (or blame, depending on how you look at it) and other members of this board for getting me addicted to the Soul. After hearing one disc, I was immediately hooked and bought up (or traded for) their entire discography almost within a month. Luckily, most of their stuff can be found pretty cheap too.

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 7:39 pm

Thanks for the recomendation grandparents....I'll try to get that one soon...I seriously love space age playboys.....one of my bandmates walked into the "Stend quasitone chill spot when I was listening to some youtube clips of the album...."get down like a plastic preacher/ your loves an elastic feature"...haha.

Very intelligent lyrics that stand to the sh!t thats happening now...Warrior soul were true prophets of the time.

If anybody has any albums they want to unload on me..be my guest bros.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:52 am

Got an update from the Warrior Soul camp over at my Facebook account...

Quote :
Warrior Soul is cancelling all activities this year due to some major changes of plans that involve the European release of ”Destroy The War Machine” - an updated and better version of the album with added tracks - and a major European tour to follow early 2010.

Our apologies to those hoping to come and see Warrior Soul in November, but we promise to come back stronger, louder and better than ever at the start of 2010. We're all extremely excited about what the future holds for all things Warrior Soul.

OK, so let me get this straight...first the album was called CHINESE DEMOCRACY, then it was re-titled AND WE ROCK AND ROLL, then it was DESTROY THE WAR MACHINE, and now it's being re-pressed AGAIN with some extra tracks, which actually is just fine by me cuz as I understand it the album only had 8 songs on it, so it would be nice to have it padded out to actual "album length," especially if I'm gonna eventually have to pay for an import copy of the CD (which looks increasingly likely). At least I didn't already lay out cash for one (or more) of the previous pressings....

The saga keeps getting weirder!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 10:11 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

The saga keeps getting weirder!

With Kory at the helm, that's a guarantee.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:24 pm

Kory is a genius (subjective of course) in one aspect or another.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 3:36 am

Yeah, count me in as a fan of this band too! Great stuff!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 9:54 pm

The thread that refuses to die gets BUMPED again!!

Warrior Soul have a real live honest-to-God new "official" video for
the track "Bad News (Rock N Roll Boyfriend)" off the DESTROY THE WAR
MACHINE album (or CHINESE DEMOCRACY, or ...AND WE ROCK N ROLL, or
whatever the hell you want to call it... phew, Kory's gettin' more
mileage out of those eight frickin songs...) Check it out y'all...

The vid was directed by Adam Dubin, who supposedly did a couple of WS's old videos back in the Geffen Records days (he also is Kory's bandmate in The Stoned)... cheap as hell, but I guess it beats yet another fan-made video on YouTube... Laughing I like the shot of former Illinois Governor Rod Blagoivich (or however you spell it) when the lyric "American Knucklehad" comes up. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:10 pm

It's a solid album, so it's good they're pushing it. Too bad they're charging over $20 for a cheap CDR, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 11:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
It's a solid album, so it's good they're pushing it. Too bad they're charging over $20 for a cheap CDR, though.

Where did you buy this for $20 bucks? It's $12 everywhere I have seen it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:06 am

SpectreFate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

Where did you buy this for $20 bucks? It's $12 everywhere I have seen it.
Direct from the band. It was like $18, the Chinese Democracy version, plus S&H. Over $20 all combined, however much it was.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 9:44 am

Soon I will FINALLY have a copy of the new Warrior Soul (DESTROY THE WAR MACHINE, aka CHINESE DEMOCRACY, aka AND WE ROCK N ROLL, hell, maybe aka WARRIOR SOUL II: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO for all I know by now) to call my very own... ordered it from Amazon this weekend along with my "birthday present to myself" copy of the "Rock N Roll High School" DVD...

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:12 pm

So is the copy you're getting a real silver press cd with a cover, booklet, all the bells & whistles of a real release or the cheapy cdr that Eyesore mentioned?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
So is the copy you're getting a real silver press cd with a cover, booklet, all the bells & whistles of a real release or the cheapy cdr that Eyesore mentioned?

Mine will be the silver-pressed "official" version that Acetate Records put out last year. At least I hope it will be. If I get the cheapy homemade CD-R version I'm gonna be pissed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:23 pm

Listening to Last Decade Dead Century now (3rd spin)...I wasn't sure what to think at first, but it's starting to grow on me...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:30 pm

S wrote:
Listening to Last Decade Dead Century now (3rd spin)...I wasn't sure what to think at first, but it's starting to grow on me...

"We cry out!!!"

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:31 pm

I get that Kory is all atistic and everything...but that spoken word thing in the middle is annoying...should have been a hidden track or something...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
S wrote:

"We cry out!!!"

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 11840

"Here's to the Losers, the substance abusers
To the rejects, or the imperfects
Cuz I think we're beautiful..."

S wrote:
I get that Kory is all atistic and everything...but that spoken word thing in the middle is annoying...should have been a hidden track or something...

Hahaha, "Four More Years" ... yeah, that's something I have to be in the mood to listen to, most of the time I hit the skip button whenever it comes on.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:33 pm

"The Losers" is my favorite song on the record so far...that and "Blown Away"...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next