Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Soul Thread

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
exact33
blacksalad
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Gilbert
the sentinel
mez
jmapot
Troublezone
Required Fields
manny
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
James B.
romeolimagolf
MetalGuy71
nevermore
martinsane
Vordul
Shiney
jstate
ghost
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:40 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Who needs a nice melody or voice? It's not a nice song.

Kory's politic's are always on the fringe but like the crazy guy on the street corner there's some semblance of truth behind it.....that's part of his appeal.

Anyway great song, although i can't help feel this video should of come out 7 years ago.....although still relevant.

I don't need a "nice" melody but I need A melody.

Otherwise, I might as well venture downtown and listen to some homeless guy screaming at the top of his lungs.

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:12 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Anyway great song, although i can't help feel this video should of come out 7 years ago.....although still relevant.
That video sucks. The video of the band is just concert footage. They're not even singing that song. Haha. Terrible. It's like a bad fan-made YouTube video.

As for the song, a melody doesn't need to be vocals. If that guitar riff isn't a huge hook I don't know what is.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 10:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
That video sucks. The video of the band is just concert footage. They're not even singing that song. Haha. Terrible. It's like a bad fan-made YouTube video.

As for the song, a melody doesn't need to be vocals. If that guitar riff isn't a huge hook I don't know what is.

When i saw FF post the video i thought "WS don't have money for a video"....so i wasn't expecting much just your usual splice n' dice job. It's not like the daze when WS had a major label (not) behind them.

And yeah that guitar riff provides the melody in the song.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 8:37 am

Eyesore wrote:

It is a fan-made video. I got a message about it from Warrior Soul's Facebook page, and they said something to the effect of "the band totally loves it and endorses it," though. (Probably because it didn't cost them anything... heh heh.) Smile

Quote :
If that guitar riff isn't a huge hook I don't know what is.

Agreed, I am still getting used to Kory's croakier vocal style but that riff is a MONSTER and it totally sells the song to me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 9:00 am

Eyesore wrote:
rattpoison wrote:

Not for me which is why I don't like most thrash or hardcore. I need vocal melody as well.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:04 pm

So... anybody know if WS' CHINESE DEMOCRACY is available anywhere except from the band themselves yet? Last I heard it was supposed to be out through "normal channels" in January of '09 but haven't heard a peep about it anywhere.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 12:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
So... anybody know if WS' CHINESE DEMOCRACY is available anywhere except from the band themselves yet? Last I heard it was supposed to be out through "normal channels" in January of '09 but haven't heard a peep about it anywhere.

http://www.komodorock.com/latest-news/latest-news/warrior-soul:-chinese-democracy-almost-sold-out...-for-good-200811129418/

You may be out of luck.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 1:14 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

http://www.komodorock.com/latest-news/latest-news/warrior-soul:-chinese-democracy-almost-sold-out...-for-good-200811129418/

You may be out of luck.

angry angry angry WTF???

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:59 pm

this band misses in my collection...can't seem to find their releases here.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:13 pm

There stuff is readily available over the internet. And cheap too.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:24 pm

So am I understanding correctly, that this cd will be released widely eventually, albeit just under a different title?

I'm getting to old to keep up with this sort of malarkey..

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 4:36 pm

Shiney wrote:
So am I understanding correctly, that this cd will be released widely eventually, albeit just under a different title?

I'm getting to old to keep up with this sort of malarkey..

That's how I understand this:
Quote :
hopefully everyone who wanted a copy of our Chinese Democracy already bought it. If you are very fast and order before the weekend you might be able to lay your hands on a copy. You will still be able to order the new album but it will have a new name and it will look different.

More info on the details will be posted here very soon.

Maybe The Wrath of Axl came down on'em and they have to change the title? The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 352445

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:23 pm

I don't have it but apparently it's called ....And We Rock And Roll now.

I don't know where to get it though.

Half the album is posted on the myspace, sounds great......

http://www.myspace.com/warriorsoulinfo

Last edited by rattpoison on Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:26 pm

Holy crap! Those vocals make Lemmy sound like Frank Sinatra.

Geez, Kory's voice is really shot.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:32 pm

I don't know Toho, listen to "She's Glaswegian"......clear as day Cool
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:40 pm

I'll have to check later. Their Myspace won't load now. That first track was rough though. Loved the music but Kory sounds like he's just croaking.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 7:58 pm

OK, that song's better but still...

I LOVE the music but I still say Kory's voice is gone. BTW, the verse part of She's Glaswegian reminds me of Shriekback (of all things).

That said, if I find this, I still guarantee I'll pick it up. Hell, I have Chill Pill; how much worse could this be?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 11:35 am

Apparently the "new" version of CHINESE DEMOCRACY, which will be re-titled AND WE ROCK AND ROLL, will be out soon (if it isn't already) through Warrior Soul's Euro label, Cargo Records. I tried to find some more info (and perhaps a release date) from Cargo Records but their web site sucks and kept crashing my browser.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 10:51 pm

As if Kory Clarke's dance card isn't already full with the reactivated WS, singing lead for Trouble, and playing drums for The Stoned, I just read on Blabbermouth about yet ANOTHER project he's involved in, called Mob Research. It's got more of an industrial feel than much of Kory's other stuff, the other members include former Killing Joke bassman Paul Raven (apparently this is the last stuff he recorded before he died in '07), Mark Gemini (The Mission UK, Peter Murphy) and Nick Lucero (Queens of the Stone Age). Interesting... not my usual meat but still sounds pretty jammin'. The album will be released on May 22 (my birthday!) in Europe. Check it out y'all:

http://www.myspace.com/mobresearch69

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 12:53 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
As if Kory Clarke's dance card isn't already full with the reactivated WS, singing lead for Trouble, and playing drums for The Stoned, I just read on Blabbermouth about yet ANOTHER project he's involved in, called Mob Research. It's got more of an industrial feel than much of Kory's other stuff, the other members include former Killing Joke bassman Paul Raven (apparently this is the last stuff he recorded before he died in '07), Mark Gemini (The Mission UK, Peter Murphy) and Nick Lucero (Queens of the Stone Age). Interesting... not my usual meat but still sounds pretty jammin'. The album will be released on May 22 (my birthday!) in Europe. Check it out y'all:

[url=http://www.myspace.com/mobresearch69
http://www.myspace.com/mobresearch69[/quote[/url]]

What's that saying about idle hands are the devil's plaything or something? Good for him if he's keeping busy. Hope something good comes out of all these projects.

By the way, I'm listeneing to a little Warrior Soul as I'm typing this. Good for 'angering up the blood' today at work.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:36 pm

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Warrior_war

OK, according to Blabbermouth the album that was formerly known as CHINESE DEMOCRACY and then was going to be called AND WE ROCK N ROLL is now called DESTROY THE WAR MACHINE and will get a U.S. release this July. Confused yet? I sure am.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:00 am

Anyone actually heard this yet, whatever it's title? I was recently turned on to these guys, thanks to Fat Freddy, Spec and this thread. So is this new one any good?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:11 am

The new one is going to be on Acetate Records (Rhino Bucket's label). There's a track posted.

I still say Kory's voice is shot.

http://www.acetate.com/audio/pigs.html

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:34 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Anyone actually heard this yet, whatever it's title? I was recently turned on to these guys, thanks to Fat Freddy, Spec and this thread. So is this new one any good?

A couple of the new album songs are on their MySpace, and a bunch of them have been turned into fan-made videos on YouTube... sounds OK to me, kinda angry punk stuff similar to where the "Space Age Playboys" album left off back in '95. Kory's vox are still a lot gruffer than I'd like but I'm slowly getting used to'em.

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
The new one is going to be on Acetate Records.....

Trust Acetate Records to pick up this, definately the best indie record label in the US. God bless their socks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next