Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sacred Warrior Thread

Go down 
+14
DallasBlack
kethdredd
mr.electric39
kmorg
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
shamgar75
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
fishingd
ultmetal
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Sacred Warrior Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:13 pm

I can't believe there isn't a thread on Sacred Warrior!

Here's a few key points for the uninitiated.

Rey Parra was one of the best vocalists ever.

Despite what you may have heard, they really don't even sound that much like Queensryche. They have a unique blend of sounds.

Rey and Roger Martinez team up on "The Flood". Holy crap I love that song.

Plus I found Mad Mad World on Youtube!

Please show your love for this awesome band!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:15 pm

Love this band. Listened to them so much in the 90's that I sort of
made myself sick of them. LOL! Hard to pick a favorite. Probably go
with Wicked Generation.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:53 pm

Love this band!! I wish they would do a reunion show..
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:55 pm

fishingd wrote:

They ALMOST did at C-Stone the year I played there with Once Dead. I
was asked to guest with them on the song "The Flood". SOOOOOO wish that
would have happened.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 8:57 pm

Very cool band. I didn't discover them till seven or eight years ago when I ordered their CLASSICS comp from RadRockers on a whim cuz it was cheap. I liked what I heard so I went and tracked down all four of the original albums. Then I obviously didn't need CLASSICS anymore, so I just traded it to SpectreFate, who went on to start a Sacred Warrior thread here. I think that's a great example of the Circle Of Life.

...Where was I going with this? Oh yea, fave album for me would probably be REBELLION, fave song would be "Minister By Night" off of WICKED GENERATION.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:14 pm

Good band! I bought all their CD's as new releases. SW's CD's ranked:

1) Wicked Generation
2) Obsessions
3) Rebellion
4) Master's Command
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:15 pm

The comp has influenced me to get the original press CDs. I'm tired of KMG discs and bootlegs!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:18 pm

The only SW disc I have an original press of is WICKED GENERATION. My MASTERS COMMAND and REBELLION are the KMG reissues and my OBSESSIONS disc is a bootleg, but I'm personally fine with those. At least I have the tunes.

BTW, anyone know why KMG released REBELLION and MASTER'S as a 2-CD set (1 disc for each album), when nearly every other "reissue" of theirs was a 2-albums-squashed-onto-1-disc affair with tracks missing? Not that I'm complaining, of course, it's just that the S.W. stuff is the only time I've ever seen a 2-disc set from them. Maybe Sacred Warrior was the KMG guy's favorite band so he treated'em special? Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:22 pm

It may have been the first that they did. Human Sacrifice and Once Dead each have their own disc in the KMG collection.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:47 pm

For some odd reason or another, I also didn't discover SACRED WARRIOR until around '99. I happened to stumble across the Wicked Generation cassette in a pawn shop one afternoon. I looked at the cover and was like..."What is this?" I couldn't tell if the person on the front cover was a guy or girl so I initially passed it up thinking it was yet another long forgotten Glam act from yesteryear (even though I like Glam). Later on down the line, a couple friends and I happened to be back in the same pawn shop and decided to pop it into a cassette player and see what they were about. The tape happened to be cued to side 2 and the song "Miss Linda." We were pleasantly surprised at how good the band were. I bought the tape ($2...?) and within 5 years I had all 4 releases on CD...Talk about not judging the book by the cover, huh? lol

My favorite songs are...

Black Metal
Mad, Mad World
Rebellion
The Heavens Are Calling
Master's Command
Little Secrets
No Happy Endings
Wicked Generation
Minister By Night
Obsessions
Temples On Fire
Fire From Heaven

Also, I love the music to the song "The Flood," but I don't like Roger Martinez doing vocals on it. I love Roger with VENGEANCE, but his voice does not fit very well with SACRED WARRIOR's style of music. The sad part to me is that "The Flood" is among the top 2 or 3 songs on the CD, too, thereby leaving me with a feeling of "What could have been...?" I could see had they gotten Vett Roberts or Jimmy Brown to do guest vocals. However, most folks seem to like Roger's vocals in "The Flood." Hypothetically speaking, let's flip that over...What if VENGEANCE would have had Rey Parra doing vocals on "Beheaded?" See? scratch
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 9:53 pm

I echo the same sentiment. Sacred Warrior were a great band.

One of my favorite songs is Children of tht Light from Rebellion. Don't know why, it just is.

Long live SW!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:06 pm

"Master's Command" is one of my favorite albums of all-time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:26 pm

spectrefate wrote:
It may have been the first that they did. Human Sacrifice and Once Dead each have their own disc in the KMG collection.

Interesting. Other than the S.W. 2-disc set, all I've ever seen are those "2-albums-on-1" travesties.

You should've seen how p*ssed off I was years ago when I ordered KMG's combo disc of Deliverance's S/T and WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE, thinking it would be another 2-disc set like the Sacred Warrior twofer... then I get it in the mail and not only is it only one disc, but they chopped my two favorite songs off of the S/T ("Temporary Insanity" and "Awake"... how the HECK could they cut "Awake"? That would be like reissuing KILL'EM ALL without "Whiplash!") in order to make both albums fit on the CD... needless to say I was less than thrilled...

angry

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:49 pm

Didn't Scorpions do something like that with Tokyo Tapes? Cut off one song when they crammed all the tracks on one disc?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:51 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Didn't Scorpions do something like that with Tokyo Tapes? Cut off one song when they crammed all the tracks on one disc?

Dunno about Scorpions, but I remember the earliest CD pressing of Dokken's BEAST IN THE EAST live album also had one or two fewer tracks than the cassette version. I didn't have a CD player at the time, so I was very snotty about that with a friend of mine who sprung for the CD while I had the tape. "Haha, I got two more songs than youuuuu!"

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:55 pm

I'm in the dark about Sacred Warrior. Funny how I love Christian Metal and that's all I was into as a teen....but $$$$ would only go so far then (and now).
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:57 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

Dunno about Scorpions, but I remember the earliest CD pressing of Dokken's BEAST IN THE EAST live album also had one or two fewer tracks than the cassette version. I didn't have a CD player at the time, so I was very snotty about that with a friend of mine who sprung for the CD while I had the tape. "Haha, I got two more songs than youuuuu!"

lol!

Some albums do have additional tracks for some formats. Back in the day, there were CD only bonus tracks in some cases.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 10:59 pm

Required Fields wrote:

lol!

Some albums do have additional tracks for some formats. Back in the day, there were CD only bonus tracks in some cases.

Yea, in those days they added "CD bonus" tracks as an incentive to get people to spring for a CD player.

As far as the Dokken/Scorpions thing goes, I believe that in the early days of CDs, they couldn't fit quite as much data/material on a CD as they can now. So cutting songs off the CD versions probably happened frequently with double albums. Nowadays I'm sure that if you bothered to buy that Dokken live CD, the "missing" tracks have probably been re-instated.

Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 11:31 pm

Sacred Warrior are awesome. Rebellion and Master's Commands were huge albums for me in my younger days and still are. They used to have them available fdor free download on their website, but that is gone now. Wicked Generation was OK, but did not thrill me quite as much, but it was still good.

And on the subject of double live albums having songs cut to fit them on one cd, Triumph did that with Stages. Losing Druh Mer Selbo was particularly disappointing to me. Sad
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 1:55 am

My favorite SW album would be Rebellion.He Died is one of the best ballads ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 3:46 am

here's the stuff i have. i have and their first demo but i don't have time to dig in the boxes of the tapes...i'm missing their 2001 demo...once parra promised this to me but (like many "respectull christian musicians") he never sent it....on the right corner there are some souvers of them...that KMG crap i never bought it actually...let's say that i borrowed it with some other stuff from the stand of a german seller who went for coffee break.....of course master's command is their masterpiece by far! it was released near the time of cd "boom" and thus it came in small quantities....i laugh everytime when i read on the back cover the words of pastor bob....another "white metal" fan who became rich by selling in ebay all the stuff he got free from the christian metal bands......all for the love of money......

The Sacred Warrior Thread Dscn0669fm7
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:11 am

You really think he got rich from selling that stuff? Do you have any idea what he did with the money? I sure wish you'd check out your facts before you *open your mouth", syrus. Bob used that money to travel all over Europe to minister! He even sold his house!

Now, onto this great, great band! I own every piece of music this band ever released, including 2 different versions of the 2001 demo. I also have some concert bootlegs. My favorite album would be Wicked Generation, with Rebellion as a very close second. Favorite tracks would be He Died and In The Night.

Obsessions was the last album I bought, as I was never able to find that one before I got the internet. So I am the least familiar with that album.

I also do think they sound quite similar to Queensrÿche, albeit not a carbon copy or anything. Just the same feel, flow and genre.

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:26 am

kmorg wrote:
You really think he got rich from selling that stuff? Do you have any idea what he did with the money? I sure wish you'd check out your facts before you *open your mouth", syrus. Bob used that money to travel all over Europe to minister! He even sold his house!

Now, onto this great, great band! I own every piece of music this band ever released, including 2 different versions of the 2001 demo. I also have some concert bootlegs. My favorite album would be Wicked Generation, with Rebellion as a very close second. Favorite tracks would be He Died and In The Night.

Obsessions was the last album I bought, as I was never able to find that one before I got the internet. So I am the least familiar with that album.

I also do think they sound quite similar to Queensrÿche, albeit not a carbon copy or anything. Just the same feel, flow and genre.

yeah, this is my ultimate dream also....to get some money from nowhere and travel all over the world....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:29 am

Money from nowhere? What the heck are you talking about? Pastor Bob is
one of the most humble guys you will ever meet. He has a real love for
people and is a genuine Christian. He is far from rich. He was a big
part of the reason there even was a Christian metal scene in the 80's.
It was by his hands that bands like Vengeance Rising were brought
together. He was a minister not only to the fans, but to the bands
themselves.

He travels and preaches at metal festival throughout the world,
including the U.S. He didn't rely on the money of others to do this but
sold most of his worldly belongings to do so. If you want to do the
same, go for it. No one is stopping you. Sell your "obscure" collection
and go on the road. However, shut the heck up about Pastor Bob. He's
done nothing to deserve your accusations.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:40 am

ultmetal wrote:
fishingd wrote:

They ALMOST did at C-Stone the year I played there with Once Dead. I
was asked to guest with them on the song "The Flood". SOOOOOO wish that
would have happened.

WOW!! I did`nt know that!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sacred Warrior Thread   The Sacred Warrior Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sacred Warrior Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next