Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Soul Thread

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
exact33
blacksalad
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Gilbert
the sentinel
mez
jmapot
Troublezone
Required Fields
manny
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
James B.
romeolimagolf
MetalGuy71
nevermore
martinsane
Vordul
Shiney
jstate
ghost
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:21 am

CHILL PILL ain't a great disc in my book but I do like much of it. As I have mentioned round here before, I didn't like it much when I first heard it years back but over the years it's grown on me somewhat. Still, I rank the Warrior Soul discography thusly:

1. SALUTATIONS FROM THE GHETTO NATION (their best album, one of the best albums of the 90s, if not of all time, yadda yadda yadda, yes, I'm a fanboy and proud of it)
2. LAST DECADE, DEAD CENTURY
3. THE SPACE AGE PLAYBOYS
4. DRUGS, GOD AND THE NEW REPUBLIC
5. CHILL PILL
6. ODDS AND ENDS

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 9:23 am

Those are my ratings to except for flipping DGATNR with SAP.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:58 am

spectrefate wrote:
..........Or he should get Drugs, God.... I fear he will reach the summit prematurely if he goes for the mighty Salutations next.

Wow, I do sound like a WS fanboy. Smile

The collector in me forces me purchase all of their studio releases eventually. The order in which I get them will depend on which ones I either win on ebay or find in the used bins. Or if anyone has WS discs to trade, gimme a shout.

Last edited by MetalGuy71 on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:00 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

As for me, I picked up my 1st Warrior Soul disc Last Decade Dead Century and I like it allot (except for that one weird track where he's just talking/ranting in a weird voice).

Ahhh yes, "Four More Years" -- I gotta be in the right mood for that one, otherwise that's usually a "skip button" moment for me too. Although once in a while if I'm in the right mood for it I'll listen to it and get creeped out. I've also been known to e-mail the lyrics to everyone in my address book on Election Day. Laughing

That rant is a hold over from Kory's days as a performance artist in NYC, he'd go to poetry slams, get up onstage and hold a gun to his head while ranting about the state of the world. Somebody at one of those performances told him that he should get a band together to put those rants to music. Thus Warrior Soul was born.

This track was playing yesterday when another guy walked into my office. He didn't say a word, but the look on his face clearly stated "What the f*ck are you listening to?"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:02 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

This track was playing yesterday when another guy walked into my office. He didn't say a word, but the look on his face clearly stated "What the f*ck are you listening to?"

Laughing very hard I can imagine that, what with the way his voice gets angrier and angrier sounding throughout the track so that by the end he's just screaming his foo' head off!!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:38 am

It's surprising that all of us including myself pretty much rank Salutations as the best WS album. You would have thought the overwhelming result may have been towards the first 2 and the debut in particular.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 5:35 am

rattpoison wrote:
It's surprising that all of us including myself pretty much rank Salutations as the best WS album. You would have thought the overwhelming result may have been towards the first 2 and the debut in particular.

If the production on LAST DECADE weren't so fuzzy sounding, it would be a dead heat between the two albums for me. But the HUGE sound of SALUTATIONS puts that one over the top! 🤘

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 5:00 pm

Believe it or not, I saw a guy wearing a Warrior Soul t-shirt at the Iron Maiden show last weekend. I said "Warrior Soul, GREAT band!" the guy shot me the devil horns and sez "Hell yea, Kory is the f**kin' MAN!"

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:38 am

So MG, what do you think of Drugs God and the New Republic and Salutations?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:44 am

spectrefate wrote:
So MG, what do you think of Drugs God and the New Republic and Salutations?

Loving 'em. I still favor Last Decade... by a c-hair, but that's probably because that one was my 1st exposure to the band. But the more those others get spins, the more I'm digging them. I'm sorry I missed these guys the first time out. I'm sure I'll be getting the remainder of their catalog before the end of summer. Every time I scour the used shops, flea markets and Good Will shops, they are tops on my "want" list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Loving 'em. I still favor Last Decade... by a c-hair, but that's probably because that one was my 1st exposure to the band. But the more those others get spins, the more I'm digging them. I'm sorry I missed these guys the first time out. I'm sure I'll be getting the remainder of their catalog before the end of summer. Every time I scour the used shops, flea markets and Good Will shops, they are tops on my "want" list.

Glad you dig 'em. Remember, I still have some for trade. I just need your trade list. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 10:55 am

spectrefate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Glad you dig 'em. Remember, I still have some for trade. I just need your trade list. Smile

I'll keep that in mind. I could probably stand to thin out my collection a little bit and fatten up my trade list.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:26 am

A question i probably should ask the man himself.

Is Uncle Saxon a fan of WS? I haven't seen him touch this thread. You'd think WS's brand of 'Kickin' Against The Pricks' Metallic Punk would be his thing.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:00 pm

Hey rattpoison, love the avatar! What a great movie...

BTW: Warrior Soul is still one of my favorite bands...One of the only bands I bought there catalogue as it was released.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:54 am

Saw this on Blabbermouth earlier today:

WARRIOR SOUL Working On New Studio Album - Aug. 20, 2008

WARRIOR SOUL, the band fronted by legendary singer Kory Clarke, is currently working on a new studio album which is tentatively due before the end of the year. A tour will follow the album's release.

Video footage of WARRIOR SOUL performing the song "Let's Get Wasted" at Ace of Clubs in New York City on May 31, 2008 can be viewed below. The show marked WARRIOR SOUL's first American concert in twelve years.
Clarke's side project, THE STONED, opened the concert.

Here's the video clip mentioned above... not very impressed. Kory sounds like he's been smoking 20 packs a day and gargling with bleach!! Good Lord. If that's how his voice sounds all the time nowadays, I'm not so sure I'll be interested in new material!!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:00 am

I thought Kory Clarke was fronting Trouble?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:03 am

tohostudios wrote:

He is ... and he's also playing drums in The Stoned. That boy's dance card is mighty full.

Although judging from the YouTube clip above, and of the few clips of him fronting Trouble thus far, I'm thinking maybe he oughta stick to the drums. His voice sounds awful!

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

He is ... and he's also playing drums in The Stoned. That boy's dance card is mighty full.

Although judging from the YouTube clip above, and of the few clips of him fronting Trouble thus far, I'm thinking maybe he oughta stick to the drums. His voice sounds awful!

I was gonna post this news too. Beat me to it Freddy!

Anyway, I saw Kory signing recently on that Fuse TV Rock Show (I can't remember the name) and he sounded pretty awful. I think the dude's voice is shot.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:50 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Anyway, I saw Kory signing recently on that Fuse TV Rock Show (I can't remember the name) and he sounded pretty awful. I think the dude's voice is shot.

20+ years of hard living will do that to ya, I guess. He'd probably sound great singing for a Southern rock band though.

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:39 am

His voice in that clip was different to the Trouble clips...

He must of shot his voice before that gig.

Hope it gets better....i liked the voice he had when he was singing for Trouble in that live clip but on Trouble's myspace.

Compare his voice in the Warrior Soul clip to his voice in the Trouble...

http://www.myspace.com/troublechicago
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:43 am

There is a person here locally that has a Warrior Soul sticker on the back of their Yukon. I followed them in to work this morning.

Yeah, that's about it.....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:38 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
There is a person here locally that has a Warrior Soul sticker on the back of their Yukon. I followed them in to work this morning.

That's cool. When I first bought SALUTATIONS OF THE GHETTO NATION back when it first came out, it came with a sticker of the album cover. I immediately attached that to the back window of my old Chevy Cavalier. Unfortunately the elements took care of that sticker rather quickly. Sad

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 11:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Tall Tyrion wrote:

That's cool. When I first bought SALUTATIONS OF THE GHETTO NATION back when it first came out, it came with a sticker of the album cover. I immediately attached that to the back window of my old Chevy Cavalier. Unfortunately the elements took care of that sticker rather quickly. Sad

Had the same trip happen here with my WS sticker, but then I purchased a used copy of Salutations and it had the sticker still in the case.
I put that one on my snare case !
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:37 am

Warrior Soul to release Chinese Democracy...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=104116

I hope they use the name. That's a pisser!! I remember a few years ago, the Offspring tried, but I guess Axl sicced the lawyers on 'em.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:49 am

Warrior Soul great band, and they out rage, Rage Against the Machine, Kory Clarke underrated frontman, Warrior Soul's music anger and passion are more relevant today than when it was originally released. "Salutations from the Ghetto Nation" could have been written about the current Bush administration. By the way a new cd has been released " Live in England" saw a review of it in Classic Rock Magazine, they gave it an excellent review.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 7 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 16  Next