Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Soul Thread

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
exact33
blacksalad
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Gilbert
the sentinel
mez
jmapot
Troublezone
Required Fields
manny
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
James B.
romeolimagolf
MetalGuy71
nevermore
martinsane
Vordul
Shiney
jstate
ghost
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 8:23 pm

Check it out, yo. Warrior Soul has uploaded samples of a few new demo songs to their Reverbnation page - "Tear This F**ker Down" and "Forgive Me." Their Facebook page sez they'll be taken down after 24 hours so check'em out while they're hot!

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9224524

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Check it out, yo. Warrior Soul has uploaded samples of a few new demo songs to their Reverbnation page - "Tear This F**ker Down" and "Forgive Me." Their Facebook page sez they'll be taken down after 24 hours so check'em out while they're hot!

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9224524

Sounds like old school WS to me. I likey...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:38 am

Kory Clarke talks new Warrior Soul album... it's gonna be called RUBICON and will be out in September...woot. (from Blabbermouth)

Attila Timár of Über Röck recently conducted an interview with WARRIOR SOUL/TROUBLE frontman Kory Clarke. A couple of excerpts from the chat follow below.

Über Röck: A few days ago you aired some new WARRIOR SOUL demos on your Facebook profile. How would you describe the direction of the new songs for those who missed the 24-hour pre-listen chance? Are the songs going to be as kick-ass as "Destroy The War Machine" or can fans expect some psychedelic tripping infiltrating into the new WARRIOR SOUL output?

Kory: It's going to be a WARRIOR SOUL album, and due to the title ("Rubicon") and theme, we will probably be once again majestic, soaring, aggressive, proud. I went to the studio at Christmas in Stockholm with Rille Lundell [WARRIOR SOUL guitarist] and we tracked about eight songs. It might have been more, I can't remember. It was great writing and we found a deal and we are getting ready to release in mid-September 2011. The album is called "Rubicon", which means "past the point of no return." Some of it was written in Salon, Sweden; most of it in Rille's apartment.

This is the pic on their Facebook page, I assume it's the new album cover:

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 187775_238844579482260_7854864_n

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:13 pm

Nice! New Warrior Soul!

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 604261
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:41 pm

I just picked up "Salutations From the Ghetto Nation" at FYE for the nice used price of $3.99! This is my second Warrior Soul album. I have their debut as well.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 10:53 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
I just picked up "Salutations From the Ghetto Nation" at FYE for the nice used price of $3.99! This is my second Warrior Soul album. I have their debut as well.

Sweet! \'arry \'eadbanger

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

What album should I get next?
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:59 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:

What album should I get next?

I'd say "Drugs, God and the New Republic", although I haven't heard "Space-Age Playboys" enough to really judge it. "Destroy the War Machine" just seemed weak compared to the others (and Kory Clarke's the only member left from previous albums). "Chill Pill" is... different; I actually like it, but a lot of people don't, and it isn't much like the other albums.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Sad Warrior Soul story for me. Gohastings had a used copy of Last Decade on vinyl. The limited edition of 500 that came out last year. I ordered that thing faster than anything ever. Plus it was 30% off making it all of seven bucks shipped. Should have known it was too good to be true. What comes in the mail? The most ragged beat up copy of the Last Decade CD! I tried to plead my case for them sending me the vinyl but the best I could get was a refund.

I was so disappointed I even considered just spending the money to get it off amazon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 11:51 am

The thread that refuses to die is being The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 83628'ed again!!!

According to Warrior Soul's Facebook page, the new album (which was supposed to be called RUBICON last I checked) is due out early next year and it will be titled STIFF MIDDLE FINGER.

I expect the release date and title to change at least seventeen more times before it finally comes out... Laughing very hard

Random cool gig poster from their FB:
The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 409715_4531764971968_1057644010_n

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Wish I was in Scotland...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Amazon's got samples of Warrior Soul's "Stiff Middle Finger" up... album drops in October

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009E2Y7DQ?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B009E2Y7DQ&linkCode=xm2&tag=hubp03c22-20

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 7:10 pm

ANy news as to wether this will be have a physical release?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 8:59 pm

martinsane wrote:
ANy news as to wether this will be have a physical release?

No idea. It bums me out that the Amazon listing indicates that it's digital-only for now. Sad

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 10:18 pm

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 83628

Looks like "Stiff Middle Finger" will be released on CD on October 30th. Woot.

Check out a new track, "Junky Stripper," herein....

http://soundcloud.com/sue-gere-1/warrior-soul-junky-stripper

Back to top Go down
Wallace2112
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 4:32 pm

Is drug's sex and the new republic worth picking up?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 5:52 pm

Wallace2112 wrote:
Is drug's sex and the new republic worth picking up?

Definitely! headbanger (Well, Drugs, God and the New Republic is Razz )

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:24 am

Time to bump this back into circulation again...

I've been on a WS kick as of late, revisiting their back catalog. I've got all their old stuff up to and including Odds & Ends.

Are Destroy the War Machine and Stiff Middle Finger worth exploring or should I just stick with the "classic-era" of the band?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:38 am

Quote :
Are Destroy the War Machine and Stiff Middle Finger worth exploring or should I just stick with the "classic-era" of the band?

Shamefully I still do not own Stiff Middle Finger but I've given it some listens on Spotify and it sounds pretty good to me. Both Stiff and Destroy are more punk oriented (ala the Space Age Playboys record), Kory's voice has definitely degenerated over the years though, he's way more gravelly/croakier than he used to be (20+ years of life on the road will do that to ya I suppose), but it fits the material.

My main complaint about Destroy the War Machine was that it was too short - only 8 tracks if memory serves. That barely qualifies as an EP in my book.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:46 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Shamefully I still do not own Stiff Middle Finger but I've given it some listens on Spotify and it sounds pretty good to me. Both Stiff and Destroy are more punk oriented (ala the Space Age Playboys record), Kory's voice has definitely degenerated over the years though, he's way more gravelly/croakier than he used to be (20+ years of life on the road will do that to ya I suppose), but it fits the material.

My main complaint about Destroy the War Machine was that it was too short - only 8 tracks if memory serves. That barely qualifies as an EP in my book.

Ahhhh, Freddy. I knew you'd be right on this bump.  \'arry \'eadbanger 

Looks like I can nab of copy of Destroy the War Machine fairly cheap, so I imagine I'll do so shortly. Stiff Middle Finger, not so much. It's a little pricey for me.

Did you ever check out Kory's other post-WS band Dirty Rig? His voice is pretty worn in that one too, but it fits the sleazy vibe of the band. Good no-frills hard rock. If you see it cheap, it's worth a listen.

PS Drugs God and the New Republic is currently rockin' my socks off this lovely Friday morning.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 10:53 am

Quote :
Looks like I can nab of copy of Destroy the War Machine fairly cheap, so I imagine I'll do so shortly. Stiff Middle Finger, not so much. It's a little pricey for me.

Same reason I don't have Stiff Middle Finger yet, I haven't been able to find it at a semi-decent price.

Quote :
Did you ever check out Kory's other post-WS band Dirty Rig? His voice is pretty worn in that one too, but it fits the sleazy vibe of the band. Good no-frills hard rock. If you see it cheap, it's worth a listen.

Yeah, I have Dirty Rig's Rock Did It album ...it's pretty badass. Coincidentally, it's in my "to be listened to today" pile of CDs as I type this.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2014 4:01 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

I checked out the entire Destroy the War Machine on youtube. Pretty cool. Enough for me to order a copy from GoHastings. And yea, Kory's voice is rougher than a badger's arse as an old friend of ours used to say.  Razz It works within the context of the album though.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 8:39 am

Better late than never -- I finally scored a copy of Warrior Soul's "Stiff Middle Finger" earlier this week. Finally getting the chance to give it a good listen and I officially dub it bad-ass. headbanger

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 5:26 pm

Bumpity bump...zombie thread! Back from the dead! Urrrrrrgh....braaaaaiiiins....

So Warrior Soul (which is basically "Kory Clarke and Friends" at this point since he's the only original member left) recently released a new live album, Tough As F*ck: Live In Athens.

I just checked out a few tracks on YouTube and...YIKES. Kory's voice is completely gone. Yeah, I know he's sounded gravelly for a while now but this is a whole 'nother level of croak. The fact that the overall recording quality sounds like a bad bootleg certainly doesn't help matters, but good Lord. I love me some Warrior Soul but I think I'll pass on this thing...

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Announcement on Kory Clarke's official FB today:

"New Warrior Soul Album ' Back On the Lash' will be released for Nov 24th 2017 Kicking Off the UK Tour!!"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 14 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next