Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Soul Thread

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
exact33
blacksalad
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Gilbert
the sentinel
mez
jmapot
Troublezone
Required Fields
manny
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
James B.
romeolimagolf
MetalGuy71
nevermore
martinsane
Vordul
Shiney
jstate
ghost
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:33 pm

S wrote:
"The Losers" is my favorite song on the record so far...

That one was always the show-stopper when I saw'em live. The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 11840

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm digging "Lullabye" now as well...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:47 pm

Wait til you get to their GOOD albums. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:51 pm

Spec wrote:
Wait til you get to their GOOD albums. Wink

Which are?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Salutations and Drugs, God and the New Republic.....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:56 pm

Spec wrote:

What he said. Though I would recommend that you get SALUTATIONS FROM THE GHETTO NATION first, then DRUGS, GOD & THE NEW REPUBLIC.

But that's just me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:09 pm

I really like Superpower Dreamland on that album too.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Spec wrote:

What he said. Though I would recommend that you get SALUTATIONS FROM THE GHETTO NATION first, then DRUGS, GOD & THE NEW REPUBLIC.

But that's just me.

Yep, Salutations is my favorite by WS.

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 4:13 pm

I actually got all 3...I was just listening to them in order. The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:34 pm

I like the ending of "In Coconclusion" Very Very Metal ! The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 11840 The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 11840

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 10:30 am

Well, it took WAY longer than it should have but my Warrior Soul collection is up to date again since I finally got DESTROY THE WAR MACHINE this past week.

Three word review: I dig it.

It took me a while to get used to Kory's more-gravelly-than-dirt vocals but the "new" band is tight and the tunes are good old straightforward heavy punk/metal. As usual, the songs are a mixed bag of angry political rants ("Pigs," "The Fourth Reich") and stooopid "sex drugs and rock n roll" party anthems ("Bad News," "Knockin'Em Down in the City"). Fave tracks: "Fourth Reich," "Motor City," and "She's Glaswegian," but they're all pretty damn good to be honest. I do wish it were more than 8 songs!

The thing I DON'T like about this disc is the weird packaging. It's in an oddly sized cardboard slipcase/digipak thingy that's slightly taller than a regular CD case, but not as wide. When you open it up the interior has two "envelope" style flaps, one of which holds the booklet, the other holding the CD. It annoys me because it's too tall to fit on my CD shelf in the upright position.

Either way, I guess it beats having the "CD-R in a cardboard sleeve" version that the band was selling themselves till this label (Acetate Records) picked it up.

Extra Geek Trivia note: the last song on the album (a cover of Iggy Pop's "Knockin'Em Down in the City") was produced by Iggy himself.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:51 pm

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 83628

According to their official Facebook page, Warrior Soul sez they will be hitting the studio in January to start work on the follow up to DESTROY THE WAR MACHINE.

Not sure if anybody other than myself will even care, but hey, I felt the need to pass it on. Bring it on, Kory. crazy happy

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 7:10 pm

I don't agree with all that Kory spouts, but I am a Warrior Soul fanboy (big time)

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

According to their official Facebook page, Warrior Soul sez they will be hitting the studio in January to start work on the follow up to DESTROY THE WAR MACHINE.

Not sure if anybody other than myself will even care, but hey, I felt the need to pass it on. Bring it on, Kory. crazy happy

I would much rather Kory be doing Warrior Soul than Trouble....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 9:57 am

I've fallen a little behind on my Warrior Soul discs. I did break-out Chill Pill last week though. I'd like some of whatever Kory was on during the making of that album. drunken

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Agreed, can't wait.

Still need to grab the latest to update my WS discography. And I think a live record is floating around out there too that I need...
Back to top Go down
blacksalad
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 1:43 am

Hi all,
Chuffed I just found this!
Anyone have any info where on earth Johnny Ricco or Pete Macclanahan are these days?
Cheers

---
Black Salad
Salad Bloody Salad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:58 am

blacksalad wrote:

Anyone have any info where on earth Johnny Ricco or Pete Macclanahan are these days?

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 7-11

Night shift more than likely.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 2:45 pm

I refuse to let this thread die!!

According to a post on Warrior Soul's Facebook page, their European label (Cargo Records) has just released limited edition (500 copies each) white vinyl LPs of the Soul's first three classic albums (LAST DECADE DEAD CENTURY, DRUGS, GOD AND THE NEW REPUBLIC and SALUTATIONS FROM THE GHETTO NATION... have I mentioned lately that SALUTATIONS is one of the albums I want buried with me when I die? If not, I just mentioned it again.)

I don't even have a turntable anymore so this news is pretty much useless to me, but who knows, maybe one'a you vinyl junkies might be interested. For more info, go here: http://www.cargorecords.co.uk/release/14771

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:07 pm

I still love Last Decade. Monster album!!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:14 pm

exact33 wrote:

My favorite is Salutations From The Ghetto Nation. I have so many tracks from that album burned on the thumb drive I keep in the car.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:
exact33 wrote:

My favorite is Salutations From The Ghetto Nation. I have so many tracks from that album burned on the thumb drive I keep in the car.

I still will go with Last Decade. Its one of those albums I could probably sing from memory...

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:18 pm

That's how I am with Salutations.

"Cuz I'm a punk!!! And I'm belligerant!!!!!"

At any rate, Freddy will be pleased we're keeping his thread alive.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 8:28 pm

Still need to grab that DESTROY THE WAR MACHINE disc...

And to echo my brother Keith, I LOVE WARRIOR SOUL!!!! 4 More Years still kills me. I would be hard pressed to choose between the first 3 cd's ALL of them are classics!
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:29 pm

Last Decade may very well be my number one favorite record period. I'm almost tempted to get it on vinyl. Anyone else going to pick these up? I kinda was hoping to hear some feedback before I fork over the money. Didn't see anything beyond the white vinyl and limited release that makes it a must have now. How are these guys other reissues with regards to packaging/art work/bonus stuff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 13 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next