Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DORO:WARRIOR SOUL

Go down 
+3
nevermore
Fat Freddy
krokus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Empty
PostSubject: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 9:02 am

This is DORO album from last year and i dont think we talked about it. I own all DORO albums on cd and how is it possible that after 20 years she makes a album like this??? Its just so increible good. One of my fave DORO album ever. Its just so good that i can not believe it and i at least listen to this cd ones a month. Listen to STRANGERS YESTERDAY for exemple, one of the best DORO songs ever. Come on boys and boys, if you are into heavy metal/hard rock buy this album. And if you already bought it, did you like it????
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37868

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 9:26 am

I have it but haven't listened to it as much as I probably should have (I got it around the same time as a whole bunch of other CDs so it kinda got lost in the shuffle)... but it's good stuff. Now that you've got me thinking about it again I'll have to dust it off tomorrow. :)

On a somewhat related note, a friend of mine who works in New York City saw Doro walking down the street in Manhattan over the weekend. He was eating lunch at a sidewalk cafe and told me that his friend suddenly sez "Dude, check out the MILF coming this way, in the CBGB shirt," when my friend looked up from his sandwich and saw her he was like "Holy SH*T, that's Doro Pesch!" He sez she still looks pretty damn good for her age too!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26445

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:01 am

Cool story, Freddy!

I have the cd and like it a good bit. I've been meaning to pick up her dvd 20 Years: A Warrior Soul but haven't yet.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:03 am

she's never made a bad album imho. some of her albums are more hard rockish, & some are more metal, but all of them are great. Warrior Soul is definitely a top notch metal album.

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:05 am

Who's that in your Avatar mc666?? Wink

What would those who have Doro experience say is her heaviest and/or best
regardless of heaviness?
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:25 am

I have that album also, and I like it very much. Really a great album.

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Who's that in your Avatar mc666?? Wink

What would those who have Doro experience say is her heaviest and/or best
regardless of heaviness?

For me it is Burning The Witches which she did with Warlock.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 11:53 am

here are her albums (including the 4 Warlock) numbered from heaviest to least heavy imho. they are all great though & i would recommend any of them to anyone who loves female vox.
1.) Triumph & Agony
2.) Warrior Soul
3.) Fight
4.) Burning The Witches
5.) Calling The Wild
6.) Force Majeure
7.) Hellbound
8.) Doro
9.) True As Steel
10.) True At Heart
11.) Angels Never Die
12.) Love Me In Black
13.) Machine II Machine

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 12:46 pm

I only have heard Calling the Wild and I really enjoy it. Have a hard time finding any of her stuff at reasonable prices but when I do make sure to pick it up.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 1:44 pm

firestar wrote:
I only have heard Calling the Wild and I really enjoy it. Have a hard time finding any of her stuff at reasonable prices but when I do make sure to pick it up.

LOCKY sell many of them for a very good price.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have it but haven't listened to it as much as I probably should have (I got it around the same time as a whole bunch of other CDs so it kinda got lost in the shuffle)... but it's good stuff. Now that you've got me thinking about it again I'll have to dust it off tomorrow. :)

On a somewhat related note, a friend of mine who works in New York City saw Doro walking down the street in Manhattan over the weekend. He was eating lunch at a sidewalk cafe and told me that his friend suddenly sez "Dude, check out the MILF coming this way, in the CBGB shirt," when my friend looked up from his sandwich and saw her he was like "Holy SH*T, that's Doro Pesch!" He sez she still looks pretty damn good for her age too!

That sound great Freddy. You have a lucky friend. Ones i went to the toilet at a concert and when i walked out, DORO PESCH came out the woman toilet and we talked a little, she signed a fanzine i made in those days and somebody made a photo of us. She is great.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:31 pm

krokus wrote:

That sound great Freddy. You have a lucky friend. Ones i went to the toilet at a concert and when i walked out, DORO PESCH came out the woman toilet and we talked a little, she signed a fanzine i made in those days and somebody made a photo of us. She is great.

My friend and I thought it was pretty funny that his buddy called Doro a "MILF" (Mom I'd Like to F**k) because to the best of our knowledge she doesn't have any kids!
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
krokus wrote:

My friend and I thought it was pretty funny that his buddy called Doro a "MILF" (Mom I'd Like to F**k) because to the best of our knowledge she doesn't have any kids!

No, she doesnt have any kid lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:37 pm

krokus wrote:

But if you ever hear that she wants kids, my phone number is 555-2654. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 2:51 pm

spectrefate wrote:
krokus wrote:

But if you ever hear that she wants kids, my phone number is 555-2654. Thanks.

Laughing I would imagine she'd have plenty of applicants if she ever decided to have some kids!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2007 8:55 pm

Saw here live about 3 months ago awesome show!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2007 12:45 am

i admit that she's a fine looking woman & one of my first crushes, however, she's much more than that. i hate it when fools start shouting out "MILF" & stuff like that. Doro is classy, timeless, & 100% metal. the way it was packaged is just a splendid bonus!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DORO:WARRIOR SOUL   DORO:WARRIOR SOUL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DORO:WARRIOR SOUL
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: