Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Warrior Soul Thread

Go down 
+29
metalinmyveins
exact33
blacksalad
thejokeriv
Eyesore
Metallic Blaze
Stender
Gilbert
the sentinel
mez
jmapot
Troublezone
Required Fields
manny
DeathCult
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
James B.
romeolimagolf
MetalGuy71
nevermore
martinsane
Vordul
Shiney
jstate
ghost
rattpoison
Tall Tyrion
Fat Freddy
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Wow! Just listened to those live tracks. AWFUL! He sounds like Lemmy's corpse.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 11:23 am

Eyesore wrote:
Wow! Just listened to those live tracks. AWFUL! He sounds like Lemmy's corpse.

How dare you insult Lemmy like that!! Evil or Very Mad And yea, as our old pale Locky would say, those vocals are rougher than a badger's arse!

I'll pass on this new WS too. I'll stick with their first couple of Warrior Soul albums when I need to rage against the machine.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 10:36 am

New Warrior Soul album "Back on the Lash" will be out next month in the UK.
Unfortunately, there are no samples on YouTube yet that I'm aware of.

The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 13802618_f520

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/warrior-soul-to-release-back-on-the-lash-album-in-december/

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 2:37 pm

I finally have "The Space Age Playboys"! I've been wanting that one for quite a while. I already had "Salutations" and "Last Decade". I still need to get "Drugs, God and the New Republic". I'm not sure if I need anything after that?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 06, 2018 2:55 pm

^^ Nice pickup! "Playboys" is probably their last truly essential album, unless you're a gotta-have-everything ultra-fanboy like me of course. Very Happy

Since I last posted in this thread, I've acquired the new CD "Back on the Lash" -- it picks up where the last couple of albums left, off, i.e. catchy, sleazy, drunken punk/metal. Good stuff to kick someone's ass to. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 8:23 am

I think "F-yuck-er" (Odds n Ends) is a nice companion piece to "Space Age Playboys" and "Chill Pill" is great ambience for tinkering around in the shop.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 07, 2018 11:37 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
I finally have "The Space Age Playboys"! I've been wanting that one for quite a while. I already had "Salutations" and "Last Decade". I still need to get "Drugs, God and the New Republic". I'm not sure if I need anything after that?

I wouldn't think you would need anything past those. Unless you're a completist or a big, big fan of the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am

Random WS question...

At the end of the Odds and Ends compilation album, there are 2 unlisted tracks. I can't seem to find any info on them. Anyone know the names of these 2 tracks?

EDIT: LastFM has them listed as 'Ravings of a Demented Genius I' and 'Ravings of a Demented Genius II'. I guess that works good enough for me unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 am

metalinmyveins wrote:

I think their first 3 are essential. After that, they can get a little spotty. Not bad, just not as good. After Space Age Playboys, it pretty much became the Kory Clarke project, so mileage may vary on how much you can take of him. There's some ok stuff in there too, but it's hardly essential.

Odds and Ends (which I'm listening to as I type this) is a comp of unused demos and such that never found a proper home and was collected after the band went on hiatus. Again, some cool tracks, some duds. Ok but not essential.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 12:29 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Random WS question...

At the end of the Odds and Ends compilation album, there are 2 unlisted tracks. I can't seem to find any info on them. Anyone know the names of these 2 tracks?

EDIT: LastFM has them listed as 'Ravings of a Demented Genius I' and 'Ravings of a Demented Genius II'. I guess that works good enough for me unless someone can tell me otherwise.

It's been a while since I've listened to that album, but if memory serves Windows Media Player always ID'd them as either "Untitled" or "Hidden Track." This is the first I've ever seen titles affixed to them. That works for me. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Random WS question...

It's been a while since I've listened to that album, but if memory serves Windows Media Player always ID'd them as either "Untitled" or "Hidden Track." This is the first I've ever seen titles affixed to them. That works for me. Very Happy

I'm re-ripping all their stuff to computer and it bugs me to have "untitled" songs in my collection. Just can't do it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 1:45 pm

New Warrior Soul album on the horizon... "Rock N Roll Disease" is slated for May of this year:

Quote :
Comin’ in again with all guns blazin’ - Warrior Soul have a new record set for release in May ‘19, affectionately called 'Rock N Roll Disease'. The album is the follow up to last year’s very successful and critically acclaimed, raw and raucous 'Back On The Lash' release. RnRD promises to turn out to be a real stormer. "We are going for the same feel as 'Lash' but honing it in more and picking it up a bit. ‘Back On The Lash’ was raw, fun and loose, this is too, but we are pushing it all over the top" says mainman Kory Clarke – Clarke is using the same writing and playing team in the studio as the ‘Back On The Lash’ release ensuring continuity and allowing him to keep hitting his current rich vein of form - tentative song titles include ‘Over The Top’ and ‘Off My Face’ – Oh yes, if you wanna start your Summer rocking, go out and get a 'Rock n Roll Disease'

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 4:36 pm

How was Back on the Lash? Kory's voice was pretty shot if I recall.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 5:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
How was Back on the Lash? Kory's voice was pretty shot if I recall.

Yeah, his voice is blown for sure but it fits the current material.... basic "get f**ked up" party punk.

Dunno if I'd want to hear him try to do some of the old stuff live like "We Cry Out" or "The Losers" anymore though...

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2019 7:42 pm

Kory has his moments still but yes he isn't way up there in the clouds anymore like he was in 1990, but again who is and this live TV performance from last year leads me to believe that he can still get after it fine enough and I will clamor to whatever he releases next...

That all said I would love to see the original members get back together, I miss dearly John Ricco's guitar work and McClanahans bass stylings as well. Mark Evans was murdered in '05 so he won't get back on the kit im afraid.

Pick up 2000's Classics as well. It's nothing new, but it did bring the original line up back together and the band re-recorded a bunch of well classics.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2019 5:49 pm

"Rock N Roll Disease" is apparently out in Europe now, there are a few tunes on YouTube.
Sadly, "Up The Dose" is not a Mentors cover.
Kory's voice is shot to hell as usual, not sure if I'm feelin' this or not. Will require further listens.

Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 12:40 am

Sounded like a Krokus song. Not classic WS by any stretch but certainly not unlistenable.

As mentioned I'll keep supporting as I'ma fanboy.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 11:07 am

If you didn't tell me that was WS I would not have guessed that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 8:47 pm

It's a shame because I hear a lot of potential in that song but Kory needs to surrender vox to someone else.  Man, I can so hear somebody like Rhino Bucket doing this song and totally rocking my musical world.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 9:03 pm

Rhino Bucket. Krokus. I say add some WASP. Lol. Never heard of them before.
My first impression = shoot from the hip rock.
I wouldn’t be surprised if someone was arrested in the band.
These type of bands can never be headliners - because of that. Extreme !
They smell like they get A LOT of chicks - each damn show.
Not bad !
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 9:10 pm

I was going to say "go back to the earlier pages" to hear how Warrior Soul USED to sound but it looks like those links have been disabled.  So:

You can already hear the drastic difference in Kory Clarke's voice between that first track and the last two.  And let's just say his voice certainly hasn't improved in the intervening years.   But man, I used to love this band!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2019 9:17 pm

Wow ! They had the creativity of The Cult too !
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 11:49 pm

A band i still don't own anything by...
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 11:10 am

The Cult is a good reference to their early stuff, not exactly the same but you get the idea. Kory really needed to learn to diaphragm sing.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 14, 2019 11:13 am

Glower wrote:

They smell like they get A LOT of chicks - each damn show.

I've seen Warrior Soul four times. There were NEVER any chicks at their shows. Their fan base is a total sausage fest. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Warrior Soul Thread   The Warrior Soul Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Warrior Soul Thread
Page 15 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next