Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth

Go down 
+26
mc666
Devin's Child
James B.
brokentulsa
assault_attack
Hadley
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Temple of Blood
nevermore
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
manny
akeldama
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Lari
Troublezone
exact33
glassprison
Gilbert
Eyesore
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

Iced Earth - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 8:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
Jon has more musical talent than almost all his haters (times 10).

His songwriting and rhythm guitar skill is top tier.

wait! What! No way... I think Iced Earth is second tier at best.. I would take skid row, bach solo , twisted sister and dee solo over iced earth any day..check out dee's album for the love of metal..Top tier metal album headbanger

Dee didn’t even write that album. Sebastian Bach sucks since he left SR. TS is ancient history and only had a few good albums.

Widowmaker was the best Dee albums

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but to put Skid Row,Twisted Sister, and Dee's solo stuff ahead of Iced Earth is rather silly, imo.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2021 8:50 pm

007 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

wait! What! No way... I think Iced Earth is second tier at best.. I would take skid row, bach solo , twisted sister and dee solo over iced earth any day..check out dee's album for the love of metal..Top tier metal album headbanger

Dee didn’t even write that album. Sebastian Bach sucks since he left SR. TS is ancient history and only had a few good albums.

Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but to put Skid Row,Twisted Sister, and Dee's solo stuff ahead of Iced Earth is rather silly, imo.

I like all the bands and solo projects Tulsa said (to varying degrees) Bach solo is last... but to label Iced Earth 2nd Tier is insane. Are we even talking about the same band?? The musicians have always been top notch. Whoever played guitar with Bach could not do what Jon does. It’s very hard to play tight and precise for half the songs in your catalog. He’s like a guitar version of Steve Harris meets Eric Peterson.
Back to top Go down
blazingstone
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 1:32 am

007 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

Iced Earth's last few albums weren't that great honestly, ever since Schaffer got on his ridiculous New American Revolution kick the band got progressively less interesting, i'd definitely rather listen to any of those artists music over any of Schaffer's right-wing paranoid nonsense that he was preaching for the last several albums("oh noes the government is having us all microchipped!" Oh gag me with a spoon).
Back to top Go down
blazingstone
Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 1:36 am

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
It’s kinda peculiar that you claim to not be a liberal, but your attitude is always 100% unfavorable towards anything remotely conservative. If that guy was ripping on Trump or Schaffer in the same way, you would’ve laughed.

“Annoying” is very subjective. Some people think Jimmy Kimmel and Stephen Colbert are irritating. Kicking a F’n dead horse is annoying.

I am a moderate, but lean more left than right. And I literally find that guy to be obnoxious 100% of the time. It has nothing to do with who or what he's talking about.
I have mixed feelings about Snider, I agree with him on the PMRC and thought he was great at the hearing and I do like listening to him on Sirius XM, but some of the other stuff he says i'm not so thrilled about.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 3:12 am

While I think Jon was stupid for pulling what he did, I have and always will love Iced Earth. None of what has transpired will ever change that. They have been one of my favorite bands since Dark Saga and I don't foresee myself ever stop listening to them. IE is always top tier in my book!

I like Dee Snider for his love of metal and contribution to it, but I don't really care what he thinks about politics.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 3:13 am

blazingstone wrote:
007 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :

Iced Earth's last few albums weren't that great honestly, ever since Schaffer got on his ridiculous New American Revolution kick the band got progressively less interesting, i'd definitely rather listen to any of those artists music over any of Schaffer's right-wing paranoid nonsense that he was preaching for the last several albums("oh noes the government is having us all microchipped!"  Oh gag me with a spoon).

No band has a perfect catalog of music releases. I like the albums from his prime years. Night of the Stormrider, Something Wicked, Horror Show and The Glorious Burden.

That said... the newer stuff with Stu Block was very good musically. I think some people can’t handle the lyrics, like someone who likes Stryper’s music but they can’t get past the subject matter.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 6:02 am

I love the material with Stu.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 10:29 am

As it pertains to Dee, all 5 of the Twisted Sister studio albums are great, even Love Is For Suckers has its moments (Wake Up, Hot Love, the title track). I like his solo albums Never Let the Bastards Bring You Down, and For the Love of Metal was a ripping album, verging on thrash at times. Only heard a couple of Widowmaker tunes (Stand By For Pain and The Iron Road). Now, getting back to IE, I actually only own 3 albums by them (Horror Show, The Glorious Burden, and Something Wicked Part 1), but I generally enjoy them, but SW has WAY too many of those "interludes" (9!). If it had just been the 10 songs it would have been fine (I dont like the latter day Manowar albums for the same reason, and I dont consider Nightfall in Middle Earth to be the best Blind Guardian reason either,,same reason).
Back to top Go down
blazingstone
Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 2:50 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
While I think Jon was stupid for pulling what he did, I have and always will love Iced Earth. None of what has transpired will ever change that. They have been one of my favorite bands since Dark Saga and I don't foresee myself ever stop listening to them. IE is always top tier in my book!

I like Dee Snider for his love of metal  and contribution to it, but I don't really care what he thinks about politics.
I still like the band as well, but I can't really blame other people for getting turned off from them in light of what happened, and I feel sorry for the rest of the band for having to get dragged into all of this.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 5:18 pm

I went to a CD store with a buddy yesterday and we joked "Maybe they'll have all the Iced Earth stuff marked down on clearance."
...which would be fine with me, actually, cuz I am several albums behind on them anyway. If I had the chance to get caught up on the cheap, I probably would Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 10:04 pm

Have immensely enjoyed trolling and watching this board implode.  Everyone defending and/or rejecting a political activist in "the metal room"?  Wow.  This place is fucked.  Keith?  Shut it down.  Think 2005 has a chance of coming back?  And strangely of all?  I agree with EVERYTHING eyesore has said the last 6 pages!  And I despise Ken and most of his thought processes!  Final word from uncle sax after 20 years?  Get over your fucking self.  If it ain't love?  It ain't shit.  Peace to you that truly know me.  We had some fun.  See ya in the flophouse.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 11:07 pm

Iced Earth is hit or miss for me, but when they hit it's amazing. I really love Incorruptible and it might be my favorite, although The Glorious Burden is up there too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 2:49 am

blazingstone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

I like Dee Snider for his love of metal  and contribution to it, but I don't really care what he thinks about politics.
I still like the band as well, but I can't really blame other people for getting turned off from them in light of what happened, and I feel sorry for the rest of the band for having to get dragged into all of this.

Oh, I understand all that too. There are several bands/artists I stopped listening to or have a hard time listening to due to things they've said or done. Most of the time though I try to departmentalize otherwise there is very little I would be able to listen to.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
blazingstone
Metal student
Metal student

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 1:35 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
blazingstone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Oh, I understand all that too. There are several bands/artists I stopped listening to or have a hard time listening to due to things they've said or done. Most of the time though I try to departmentalize otherwise there is very little I would be able to listen to.
It's the same deal for me, I generally believe in separating the art from the artist. I actually only discovered say lostprophets after I heard about their singer going to prison.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 2:31 pm

blazingstone wrote:
I actually only discovered say lostprophets after I heard about their singer going to prison.

Hah, I saw a lostprophets album in the used-CD store I visited this past weekend, I was like "good luck selling that one." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 4:14 pm

I just don’t see how anyone could put iced earth in a top-tier band slot with bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Judas Priest or iron maiden.. Those bands worst albums are better than iced earths best albums..😎  of course as already pointed out everyone’s got their own opinion...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 7:13 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
I just don’t see how anyone could put iced earth in a top-tier band slot with bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Judas Priest or iron maiden.. Those bands worst albums are better than iced earths best albums..😎  of course as already pointed out everyone’s got their own opinion...

You think Skid Row and TS are top tier... would you put them among the bands you mentioned?

And no, the worst albums by Metallica, Megadeth and Iron Maiden are not better than Iced Earth’s best albums. That’s a crackhead opinion!

If you think subpar shit like St. Anger, Re-Load, Risk and Super Collider is better than Stormrider, Something Wicked, Horror Show and Glorious Burden, you either just have a personal grudge against IE or you have low standards.

Are you a brand name guy? You think a band with a big name can never do wrong?

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 7:48 pm

Now that we're back on topic, I'll weigh in on this latest turn.

Something Wicked This Way Comes is way better in my book than anything by Metallica, Megadeth or (and ESPECIALLY) Iron Maiden.  Yeah I know that's heresy but it's also my opinion.

The vocals on Something Wicked alone instantly elevate it above anything by Iron Maiden or Megadeth for sure.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 7:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Now that we're back on topic, I'll weigh in on this latest turn.

Something Wicked This Way Comes is way better in my book than anything by Metallica, Megadeth or (and ESPECIALLY) Iron Maiden.  Yeah I know that's heresy but it's also my opinion.

Thanks for weighing in...

But I wouldn’t go that far!  lol!

I love classic early Metallica, Megadeth and Maiden. I just don’t think Iced Earth should be sold short with their best albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 7:59 pm

Iced Earth have unfortunately been stigmatized and associated with a militant image like Pantera got stereotyped as Redneck music.

Doesn’t matter how good your music is if people think you are too “white”.

Last edited by Troublezone on Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 8:02 pm

It's well known around here that I can't stand Bruce Dickinson's vocals and Mustaine's are even worse (but for completely different reasons). And I've just never been really into Metallica's music other than the Black Album. Nothing wrong with the vocals in that band though, it's probably more the songwriting.

The other "metal icons" Priest have some albums that I think give SWTWC a run for its money like "Sad Wings Of Destiny" or "Sin After Sin" so I'm not sure where I'd stand on ranking those against it. But those other bands aren't even close for me.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 8:15 pm

When Jon was more known for criticizing religion, no one gave a shit. Once you go political, that’s it!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 8:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
It's well known around here that I can't stand Bruce Dickinson's vocals and Mustaine's are even worse (but for completely different reasons).  And I've just never been really into Metallica's music other than the Black Album.  Nothing wrong with the vocals in that band though, it's probably more the songwriting.  

The other "metal icons" Priest have some albums that I think give SWTWC a run for its money like "Sad Wings Of Destiny" or "Sin After Sin" so I'm not sure where I'd stand on ranking those against it.  But those other bands aren't even close for me.

Oh, I’m fully aware of your reasons!   Razz
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 8:41 pm

Quote :
You think Skid Row and TS are top tier... would you put them among the bands you mentioned?

Yes! Then again glam is still one of my favorite genres of metal..

Quote :
And no, the worst albums by Metallica, Megadeth and Iron Maiden are not better than Iced Earth’s best albums. That’s a crackhead opinion!

If you think subpar shit like St. Anger, Re-Load, Risk and Super Collider is better than Stormrider, Something Wicked, Horror Show and Glorious Burden, you either just have a personal grudge against IE or you have low standards.

That’s completely your opinion... we each have our own and I’m aware of the guys like you thinking yours is the only one that counts😜 i’m a huge fan of Megadeth and I think they do no wrong! I would definitely take risk (an awesome album in my opinion ) over anything else that Iced earth ever did.. I even went back and spent the day listening to Iced earth to give them another shot and just cannot get into them at all except for the ripper albums and their cover album..I did like those pretty good but the other albums you mentioned I didn’t care for at all ...especially the vocals. for the record I will admits st. anger wasn’t that great of a record but the rest of metallica’s catalog is fantastic and I’m a huge fan of iron maiden think they do no wrong!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 8:43 pm

Quote :
Iced Earrh have unfortunately been stigmatized and associated with a militant image like Pantera got stereotyped as Redneck music.

Doesn’t matter how good your music is if people think you are too “white”.

🙄 give me a break.. you’re letting your politics show again😂😂 how white of you😂😂😂😂
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next