Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth news!

Go down 
+10
kmorg
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
Joe
Fat Freddy
Smindas
DallasBlack
exact33
Wargod
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:51 pm

ICED EARTH: New Album Title Revealed - June 13, 2011

American power metallers ICED EARTH have set "Dystopia" as the title of their new album, tentatively due before the end of the year via Century Media Records. The CD will mark the band's recording debut with singer Stu Block (INTO ETERNITY), who joined ICED EARTH in March following the departure of Matt Barlow. (Note: Barlow is performing with the band on all summer festival dates. Block will take over from there, starting with the European leg of ICED EARTH's world tour in November.)

Commented ICED EARTH guitarist/mainman Jon Schaffer: "We begin master tracking [the new album] in Florida in two weeks and will be traveling between Europe and the U.S. this summer to play festivals and finish the new album."

He added, "I can honestly say that I haven't had this many songs give me goose bumps since we recorded 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' way back in 1998, so this is also very exciting.

"As you can imagine, it's a very busy time for us. I think we're all having emotional ups and downs as we're coming to the end of an era with Matt's retirement, and we're also very excited about the future with Stu coming onboard, so it's a little bit of a roller coaster ride for us. However, we are having a killer time, and Matt is performing at his absolute best and going out with pure class and style, which is always the way he rolls."

Fan-filmed video footage of ICED EARTH performing at this year's installment of the Rock Hard festival on June 11, 2011 at the Amphitheater in Gelsenkirchen, Germany can be viewed below.

ICED EARTH's long-awaited live DVD extravaganza, "Festivals Of The Wicked", boasts nearly six hours of material — three full headliner shows (over 40 live tracks!), a photo gallery shot by famed rock photographer Ross Halfin, plus a 90-minute documentary. It will be released on June 27 in Europe and July 12 in the U.S.

"Festivals Of The Wicked" shows ICED EARTH in its favorite element — facing tens of thousands of screaming fans — and playing songs that demonstrate why ICED EARTH fans are some of the most loyal in metal.

The three soon-to-be-released festivals are:

* Germany's Wacken Open Air (2007) with Tim "Ripper" Owens on lead vocals. The blistering 13-song set begins with a jaw-dropping rendition of "Burning Times" and closes with the band's signature track, "Iced Earth".

* Germany's Rock Hard Festival (2008) with Matt Barlow on lead vocals. This festival, the first to feature Matt's return, storms through 15 songs, with "Dark Saga" leading the charge.

* Slovenia's Metalcamp (2008) with Matt Barlow on lead vocals. A not-to-be-missed 16-song facemelter of a concert that proves why some say ICED EARTH is one of the top live bands in the world.

"I'm very proud of this DVD, and I'm grateful to fans for their patience," said Schaffer. "Getting this ready for release has been an enormous job, but a true labor of love. It will be worth the wait. I promise."

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Ill give it a listen when its out. I didnt care much for the last cd but I enjoy IE.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm an Iced Earth die hard and I like Into Eternity's vocalist (one of the most amazing falsettos I've ever heard) so I will definatly get this when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 6:55 am

Don't know a thing about the new siinger but I'm very interested in this. I think I may be one of the few people who enjoyed the last 2 Iced Earth releases.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:09 am

I stand by what I've said over the last few years - Framing Armageddon was great, Crucible of Man was massively disappointing. I'm very curious to hear the new album as I assume much of the over-blown concepts are being put by the wayside. Plus, it'll be interesting to hear how the new singer handles things.

Still, going to miss Matt's voice.

The King
exact33

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:12 am

I hope they go back to a less orchestrated sound.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 8:27 am

exact33 wrote:

Ditto.
I'm cautiously optimistic about this album. I hope it's more back-to-basics and leaves the wanna-be 'epic' sound of the last couple of records behind.

If it sounds like "Something Wicked Part III," that'll be three strikes for me. I'll be done with'em.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:52 am

Quote :
He added, "I can honestly say that I haven't had this many songs give me goose bumps since we recorded 'Something Wicked This Way Comes' way back in 1998, so this is also very exciting.

So all the times he has said this before about previous albums he was lying? Razz I'll believe it when I hear it.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 10:14 am

exact33 wrote:
Ill give it a listen when its out. I didnt care much for the last cd but I enjoy IE.

My opinion as well. I hope this one can bring back the IE magic.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Ditto.
I'm cautiously optimistic about this album. I hope it's more back-to-basics and leaves the wanna-be 'epic' sound of the last couple of records behind.

If it sounds like "Something Wicked Part III," that'll be three strikes for me. I'll be done with'em.

yeah. I want to like the new material, kinda like I feel with Hammerfall, but didnt find the last one all that good...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 12:51 pm

I lost interest in these guys a few albums back, but I'm curious to hear the new material with the new guy.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 2:39 pm

I'm scared. I just can not imagine the new singer in IE...

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 4:09 pm

kmorg wrote:
I'm scared. I just can not imagine the new singer in IE...

I THOUGHT THE SAME THING WHEN RIPPER TOOK OVER.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 5:58 pm

Stu will sound great. And Iced Earth haven't put out a bad album yet, so I'll just wait and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
And Iced Earth haven't put out a bad album yet
As much as I lauded Barlow's return, I'd say that Crucible was a genuinely bad album. Three good songs and the rest dull and superfluous.

As I say though, I'm intrigued to hear the new one with Into Eternity singer.

The King
exact33

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
As much as I lauded Barlow's return, I'd say that Crucible was a genuinely bad album. Three good songs and the rest dull and superfluous.

ditto on both points.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I liked Crucible, probably on par with Framing Armageddon, in my opinion. Good, not great.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2011 9:49 pm

I read awhile back that John was going back to his early roots and sound on the new cd. I love Iced Earth and everything they have put out so it's a no brainer in picking this up.

Oh the new DVD & live cd come out in 3 weeks.

Wargod52
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Smindas wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I liked Crucible, probably on par with Framing Armageddon, in my opinion. Good, not great.
Well, it's all subjective but I pretty strongly disagree, haha. Something about Crucible is painfully lifeless in comparison to Framing. I'm not saying Framing was a pinnacle for Iced Earth or anything, but after finding The Glorious Burden a bit mediocre, I thought it was a major step up. Then Crucible was worse than Burden. It was as if Jon had used up all the good ideas for the new 'Something Wicked' stuff on the first record of the two.

The King
exact33

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:28 pm

I really enjoyed The Glorious Burden. Gettysburg is one of the best tracks around..

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 8:34 pm

'Gettysburg' is pretty spectacular, I can't deny. I don't think TGB is bad or anything, but as a whole album, I don't think it's particularly great either. It's far from my 'go-to' Iced Earth album, at least.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:00 pm

Yeah, I liked The Glorious Burden as well, but definitely not their best. Nor are Framing Armageddon or The Crucible.

As for The Crucible, in particular, I think "The Revealing," "Minions of the Watch," "I Walk Alone," "Harbinger of Fate," "Crucify the King," and a few others are great songs.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 9:43 pm

The Glorious Burden was fantastic. Ripper sounded great on it. Framing Armageddon was pretty good (too many interludes/orchestral parts for my liking) and I'd place the Crucible Of Man just below Framing (not as many interludes but not quite as memorable songs on it). I haven't owned Crucible very long so it may grow on me.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 10:59 pm

007 wrote:
The Glorious Burden was fantastic. Ripper sounded great on it. Framing Armageddon was pretty good (too many interludes/orchestral parts for my liking) and I'd place the Crucible Of Man just below Framing (not as many interludes but not quite as memorable songs on it). I haven't owned Crucible very long so it may grow on me.

I agree with this. At first I liked Crucible more than Framing but that only lasted a few spins. However, none are the albums I go to first when in an IE mood. If I am I go with Stormrider, Burnt Offerings, Dark Saga, Something Wicked, or encompass them all with Alive In Athens (wich I personally rank as one of my top 5 live albums).
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:05 pm

really got bored with these guys during the Dark Saga/Something Wicked albums & gave up on them after that for the most part. i'll probably check this one out though for the new pipes & Jon's claim of going a little more old school again.

Sponsored content

Iced Earth news! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth news!   Iced Earth news! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth news!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next