Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth

Go down 
+26
mc666
Devin's Child
James B.
brokentulsa
assault_attack
Hadley
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
Temple of Blood
nevermore
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
manny
akeldama
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Lari
Troublezone
exact33
glassprison
Gilbert
Eyesore
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

Iced Earth - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 8:12 pm

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 8:14 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
Quote :
Iced Earrh have unfortunately been stigmatized and associated with a militant image like Pantera got stereotyped as Redneck music.

Doesn’t matter how good your music is if people think you are too “white”.

🙄 give me a break.. you’re letting your politics show again😂😂 how white of you😂😂😂😂

Who hasn’t been dragged into politics of late? Are we all white?

Forget the woke nonsense.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 8:33 pm

The vocals are not a “deal breaker” for me if the music is good. Mustaine is not my favorite singer, but his voice works. Just like Lemmy’s with Motörhead. That said... there are exceptions.

I don’t like the guy from YES except for “Owner of a Lonely Heart” and “Roundabout”. I never liked James LaBrie. I’m not fond of Blaze Bayley when he was in Maiden. I have no idea if his stuff since then is any good. There’s plenty more that I can’t think of... Sebastian Bach is over emphasizing that fruity Broadway vibrato too much the last several years. I really liked his voice on the first two Skid Row albums. Even Hetfield gets on my nerves when he does that “ahh” thing.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2021 8:40 pm

Remember sensitive people, everything we write here is personal opinion!

I’m not mad, and neither should you. It’s just a discussion board.

I am guilty of sarcasm though. And occasional outbursts. Laughing

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 1:26 am

Nobody's even mentioned Iced Earths best album, Burnt Offerings. Seriously wtf?!? You might not be mad, but I am lol Dantes Inferno for the fookin win yo!

mc666 and Troublezone like this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2021 7:56 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Nobody's even mentioned Iced Earths best album, Burnt Offerings. Seriously wtf?!? You might not be mad, but I am lol Dantes Inferno for the fookin win yo!

I prefer Something Wicked This Way Comes by just a smidge, but Burnt Offerings is my #2.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2021 12:31 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I prefer Something Wicked This Way Comes by just a smidge, but Burnt Offerings is my #2.

I got Storm Rider as my number two followed by Glorious Burden, then I'd go with Something Wicked. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2021 4:17 pm

ICED EARTH's JON SCHAFFER Sued By D.C. Attorney General Over His Role In U.S. Capitol Riot

Schaffer was criminally charged and indicted for his role in perpetrating the January 6th Attack. In connection with a promise to cooperate with investigators and potentially testify in criminal cases related to the conspiracy to commit the January 6th Attack, Schaffer pleaded guilty to the entire Statement of Offense in the criminal action brought against him, which included two felony offenses: (1) trespass of the Capitol while armed with a deadly or dangerous weapon and (2) obstruction of an official proceeding of Congress. 
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2021 4:55 pm

And yet the entire state of California is being looted and robbed blind, and not one single thing is being done about it. Hell I thought about driving there to go Christmas shopping. Figure all it would cost is a tank of gas, and everyone in my family could get a new big screen tv this year. Freakin country is a joke.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2021 9:51 am

The BLM riots in 2020 destroyed multi-millions (maybe a billion) in damages. Who’s being sued for that? The leaders of BLM and George Soros should be held responsible and pay the damages.

Jon Shaffer was just a face in a crowd. He didn’t destroy anything. He didn’t kill anyone. The guy spent months in jail and cooperated with the court. Leave the guy alone.

Louder likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2021 10:31 am

Meanwhile...

Ashli Babbit shot & killed on Jan. 6th, no charges filed!
Woman who was first reported to be trampled to death by "protesters" on Jan 6th was actually beaten to death by Capital Police, no charges filed!
Pelosi refuses to turn over any of the 1000+ hours of video footage from Capital security cametal on Jan. 6th, why?

Pelosi... Release the security video and prove beyond a shadow of doubt that your version of events is factual!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2021 10:49 am

Pelosi is the real villain in the Jan 6 riots. She flat refused Trump’s offer to send the national guard to help secure the capital. The Dems knew the protests would be overwhelming, but they wanted to demonize Trump’s crowd. They let it happen! Guards were videotaped waving people in! This was all a premeditated setup. Not to mention that there were Antifa and other far-left groups blended in to stoke the fire. Twitter and other lefty tech oligarchs purposely censored and deleted Trump’s actual words to fool the gullible people to believe their “coup” narrative. Pelosi didn’t do her job and allowed the chaos by understaffing and dismissing the warnings before the protest. Why wouldn’t she accept extra protection? They knew the country was divided. She is corrupt.

Louder likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 7:01 pm

This is why Jon was at the capital on Jan 6th. You can say what you want about he’s crazy or a criminal but this right here is what it is all about . Governed by and for the people. You liberal motherfuckers better get your head out of your ass and realize what the founding fathers meant for this country.

Troublezone and Wrecked Neck like this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 9:03 pm

Ummm...okay.

Do I dare ask what brought that on, since nobody has posted in this thread for almost a full year?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 9:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ummm...okay.

Do I dare ask what brought that on, since nobody has posted in this thread for almost a full year?

Feeling patriotic lol!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2022 11:36 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:
This is why Jon was at the capital on Jan 6th. You can say what you want about he’s crazy or a criminal but this right here is what it is all about . Governed by and for the people. You liberal motherfuckers better get your head out of your ass and realize what the founding fathers meant for this country.

Agreed! Think I shall listen to this album tonight thanks to your post. One of my favorite Iced Earth albums anyways, so it's long overdue as it is. headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 2:40 am

Maybe it’s my fault…

I had mentioned a song from The Glorious Burden in Lari’s other thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2022 8:46 am

I got the Bang Your Head 2CD last summer.

Iced Earth - Page 12 61chrZ-aCzL._SY580_

They ran out for awhile, but it's now available again. It's good quality, as Iced Earth always is. Go get it.

Live versions of Ctulhu and Democide are highlights.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12604

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 11:14 am

One of the @$$hole teens I give lessons to told me about the new Iced Earth Ep's. So much for their demise. Laughing very hard

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 12:42 pm

But those are just re-releases. I have them already.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 1:17 pm

Lari wrote:
I got the Bang Your Head 2CD last summer.

Iced Earth - Page 12 61chrZ-aCzL._SY580_

They ran out for awhile, but it's now available again. It's good quality, as Iced Earth always is. Go get it.

Live versions of Ctulhu and Democide are highlights.

This one is on my want list.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 7:01 pm

I wonder if Jon is allowed to write about his experience… unless part of his release agreement is to not speak of any of it.

Who knows what kind of legal red tape he has on him. I guess he could probably write in a metaphoric way. Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 7:09 pm

Who is he gonna get to replace Stu Block? In a sense, he wears the “mark of Cain” to many people in the metal community. Whoever joins will probably need to prepare for accusations and insults for associating with him. Does Barlow have the balls to do it? He was pretty close to Jon before and I think he may be his actual brother in law.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 7:20 pm

The real question is will he do another Sons of Liberty album. They labeled him a threat (with his pepper spray). Razz

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 1:26 am

Troublezone wrote:
I guess he could probably write in a metaphoric way. Razz

Something Wicked part 3 - Storming the Castle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth   Iced Earth - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next