Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Priest Album is Finished!

Go down 
+50
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
jstate
bass63
TrogDawn
iamrockerfun
Shawn Of Fire
Glower
onrypt
Hadley
BearOnUnicycle
Lovecraft
Wayne
manny
ZombieHavoc
springozzy
Rex
brokentulsa
Eyesore
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Runicen
deathisgain
mr.electric39
nevermore
Vexer6
glassprison
ultmetal
thejokeriv
mc666
corplhicks
Lari
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
choosemetal
Witchfinder
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 5:10 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Cool.... any song titles/additional info on the press release?

Unfortunately, no, just a lot of babble that doesn't really tell you much of anything. Typical press release in other words. Laughing

Press Release wrote:
For U.S. fans of Judas Priest that simply cannot wait for the July 15th release date of their latest classic metal album, "Redeemer of Souls," there is some relief on the way!

On Tuesday April 29th, the title track from the album will be available for purchase via iTunes and other digital service providers and a clip of the song (plus the single's artwork) is now available to sample at the band's website www.judaspriest.com

If you are wondering what to expect from the mighty Priest on their forthcoming album, guitarist Glenn Tipton has set the record straight. "Sometimes in the past we may have come under fire for being too adventurous musically - so we have listened! From start to finish 'Redeemer of Souls' is 13 songs of classic Priest metal!"

There are only a select number of bands that have accomplished what Judas Priest has throughout their career (as well as having served as a stylistic influence on such a wide variety of bands). Soon the group - singer Rob Halford, guitarists Glenn Tipton and Richie Faulkner, bassist Ian Hill and drummer Scott Travis - will be offering up more classic Judas Priest metal with the release of "Redeemer of Souls."

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION VISIT:
www.JudasPriest.com
www.facebook.com/OfficialJudasPriest

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Ill be getting this. I thought it was a good song.

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:05 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Cool.... any song titles/additional info on the press release?

Unfortunately, no, just a lot of babble that doesn't really tell you much of anything. Typical press release in other words. Laughing

Press Release wrote:
For U.S. fans of Judas Priest that simply cannot wait for the July 15th release date of their latest classic metal album, "Redeemer of Souls," there is some relief on the way!

On Tuesday April 29th, the title track from the album will be available for purchase via iTunes and other digital service providers and a clip of the song (plus the single's artwork) is now available to sample at the band's website www.judaspriest.com

If you are wondering what to expect from the mighty Priest on their forthcoming album, guitarist Glenn Tipton has set the record straight. "Sometimes in the past we may have come under fire for being too adventurous musically - so we have listened! From start to finish 'Redeemer of Souls' is 13 songs of classic Priest metal!"

There are only a select number of bands that have accomplished what Judas Priest has throughout their career (as well as having served as a stylistic influence on such a wide variety of bands). Soon the group - singer Rob Halford, guitarists Glenn Tipton and Richie Faulkner, bassist Ian Hill and drummer Scott Travis - will be offering up more classic Judas Priest metal with the release of "Redeemer of Souls."

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION VISIT:
www.JudasPriest.com
www.facebook.com/OfficialJudasPriest

O well....
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 9:59 am

I really like the guitar tone (I guess is the word?)--reminds me of the sound of "Painkiller", but with way less enthusiasm.

I doubt I will get the record. Maybe I'll check it out on Spotify, but I really haven't been super amped on Priest in a long, long time.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 8:45 pm

Whether it's good or not (couldn't be worse than Demolition), I will need to get it so I can maintain my complete discography of studio albums.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:53 am

Full Tracklist announced:

"There are only a select number of bands that have accomplished what Judas Priest has throughout their career (as well as having served as a stylistic influence on such a wide variety of bands). Soon the group - singer Rob Halford, guitarists Glenn Tipton and Richie Faulkner, bassist Ian Hill and drummer Scott Travis - will be offering up more classic Judas Priest metal with the release of 'Redeemer of Souls'

To be released in the US on July 15th, 2014 via Epic Records (as a standard version and a deluxe edition with five bonus tracks), 'Redeemer of Souls' is Judas Priest's latest collection of epic metal - "raising the bar is consistent for us and 'Redeemer' hits the ground running" - it matches up perfectly to earlier Priest classics as evidenced by the album's leadoff single 'March of the Damned' ("we are forging ahead, slamming the pedal to the metal!") - the band mean business once again.

"We feel 'Redeemer of Souls' reinforces our passion for what we believe in from the Judas Priest style heavy metal." The album also marks Richie Faulkner's studio debut with Priest and is the co-writer of the material along with Glenn Tipton and Rob Halford.

First bursting onto the scene with 1974's 'Rocka Rolla' Judas Priest is responsible for some of heavy metal's all-time great albums - 1980's 'British Steel', 1982's 'Screaming for Vengeance', 1990's 'Painkiller' etc - and anthems 'Breaking the Law', 'Living After Midnight', 'You've Got Another Thing Coming' etc - as well as trailblazing metal's now instantly identifiable look - leather and studs - 2014 marks the 40th anniversary of the band.

And while fans are undoubtedly starved for more Priest (their last studio album 'Nostradamus' was released in 2008) the band themselves are eager for the world to hear their latest studio triumph. "Classic combination of all the statements we love to create with raging guitar riffs and solos, thundering drums, thick grooves of bass and vocals tearing it all up!"

REDEEMER OF SOULS - tracklisting as follows:
DRAGONAUT
REDEEMER OF SOULS
HALLS OF VALHALLA
SWORD OF DAMOCLES
MARCH OF THE DAMNED
DOWN IN FLAMES
HELL & BACK
COLD BLOODED
METALIZER
CROSSFIRE
SECRETS OF THE DEAD
BATTLE CRY
BEGINNING OF THE END

Bonus tracks:

SNAKEBITE
TEARS OF BLOOD
CREATURES
BRING IT ON
NEVER FORGET

http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=1A433612-7E49-43DC-B3E0-BEE2B5EA5BAA&from=facebook
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:55 am

So there really are 18 total tracks.  I hope these 5 bonus tracks aren't spread across several different releases, formats, countries, etc...

Also, Dragonaut?  Really?  Is that a dragon astronaut?
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:57 am

Nice ! Two must have releases now in July with this and Overkill's White Devil Armory.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 10:59 am

Witchfinder wrote:
So there really are 18 total tracks.  I hope these 5 bonus tracks aren't spread across several different releases, formats, countries, etc...

Well, Priest have always had cheesy song titles on their albums......

I agree with you and I hope the bonus tracks are available in one place.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:02 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I agree with you and I hope the bonus tracks are available in one place.

I'm sure that they won't be. Seems to be the way things are done nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:11 am

007 wrote:
Nice ! Two must have releases now in July with this and Overkill's White Devil Armory.

Accept's "Blind Rage" comes out in July too. Gonna be a broke month for me. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:12 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

Accept's "Blind Rage" comes out in July too. Gonna be a broke month for me. Very Happy

Ace's new record is tops for me this summer...though I can't remember if that is June or July?
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:27 am

So far the count of desired releases this year, both released and coming soon, totals ten.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:29 am

ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

Ace's new record is tops for me this summer...though I can't remember if that is June or July?

Neither can Ace!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 11:35 am

manny wrote:
ZombieHavoc wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

Neither can Ace!!

Paul Stanley just did an interview and said Ace was too lazy to write down the release date of his new album
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

Luckily for me , my birthday's in July so I should be able to get all these awesome releases.
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 12:50 pm

Anyone want to place money on at least one of the "bonus tracks" being better than anything on the album proper?

Not expecting a bad album, but it seems like no band is free of assuming their best tracks are toss-offs...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:13 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

REDEEMER OF SOULS - tracklisting as follows:
DRAGONAUT
REDEEMER OF SOULS
HALLS OF VALHALLA
SWORD OF DAMOCLES
MARCH OF THE DAMNED
DOWN IN FLAMES
HELL & BACK
COLD BLOODED
METALIZER
CROSSFIRE
SECRETS OF THE DEAD
BATTLE CRY
BEGINNING OF THE END

Bonus tracks:

SNAKEBITE
TEARS OF BLOOD
CREATURES
BRING IT ON
NEVER FORGET
How is that not the album title?!
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:37 pm

Lari wrote:
How is that not the album title?!

I would have been pulling for "Dragonaut," myself. They might have been able to out-Dio Dio with the cover art too!
Back to top Go down
Wayne
Metal student
Metal student
Wayne

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 4:05 am

I thought the new sounded pretty cool. Looking forward to the album. My only disappointment is that their not likely to tour it properly as I'd love to see the priest live again. Maybe the odd festival appearance might be announced but after the epitaph tour I was led to believe that priest as a touring band are over. Shame.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:01 pm

007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

Luckily for me , my birthday's in July so I should be able to get all these awesome releases.

not to forget the new grave digger  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:24 pm

Gilbert wrote:
007 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
007 wrote:

not to forget the new grave digger  headbanger 

Indeed !
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 5:13 pm

I will get this one for sure. Priest albums are a must have in my collection.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Wow, so they're going back to the Painkiller era with the song titles and possibly lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Lovecraft
Metal student
Metal student
Lovecraft

Number of posts : 120

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:15 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

Sleep recorded a song called Dragonaut in 1993.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Priest Album is Finished!
Page 5 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 19  Next