Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Priest Album is Finished!

Go down 
+50
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
jstate
bass63
TrogDawn
iamrockerfun
Shawn Of Fire
Glower
onrypt
Hadley
BearOnUnicycle
Lovecraft
Wayne
manny
ZombieHavoc
springozzy
Rex
brokentulsa
Eyesore
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Runicen
deathisgain
mr.electric39
nevermore
Vexer6
glassprison
ultmetal
thejokeriv
mc666
corplhicks
Lari
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
choosemetal
Witchfinder
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 1:36 am

glassprison wrote:
Quote :
I'm still waiting for the black metal record that Rob's been threatening us with for a while now (don't do it Rob! It will suck!!)

I missed this at the time, but back in 2008 he was talking about how Ihsahn, and members of Dimmu Borgir were urging him to do a black metal album. As bad an idea as it was, I'm still kind of curious as to what that would have sounded like.

As for the new record, as long as it's not a concept album I'll be very interested.
Agreed, Nostradamus was a major letdown for me, easily Priest's weakest album by far IMO, so i'd rather not see another Priest concept album.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 2:32 am

Vexer6 wrote:

Agreed, Nostradamus was a major letdown for me, easily Priest's weakest album by far IMO, so i'd rather not see another Priest concept album.

I think I'd rather listen to Nostradamus than one of the Ripper albums. I've been on a big Priest kick lately thanks to my re-reading of Martin Popoff's Priest book and I just listened to Demolition again tonight -- still not impressed with it outside of "Hell Is Home", "Close to You" and "Lost and Found" (the only three songs I liked when the album was first released). I think Ripper was a fine replacement (even Halford agrees with that), but the songwriting just wasn't there during that period.

My sentiments are the same as everyone else -- Nostradamus had some good songs but was way too bloated. If they could've restricted it to one album, it would've been so much better. I agree Priest shouldn't attempt concept albums. I was  surprised when the band first announced Nostradamus.

I'm not worried about this new album though. Obviously it'd be great if KK was along for the ride but I think some new blood might've done the band some good. I know they were looking for a more classic sound with this release. I think they'll deliver something at least as good as Angel of Retribution. If they do, I'll consider it a success. I'd still love to see KK return and maybe give the band a triple-ax attack.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 5:33 am

I thought Jugulator and Demolition had pretty good song writing for the most part(Machine Man is one of my favorite Priest songs)
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:20 am

I hope it's good.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:26 am

Also a new Priest album is more interesting than a new Metallica album any day, even if it's a limp-wristed concept record.  lol! 
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 9:30 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Also a new Priest album is more interesting than a new Metallica album any day, even if it's a limp-wristed concept record.  lol! 

Definitely yes, to be honest, even preferable than "the new" Iron Maiden album.

Priest has a class of their own, I like almost all their works.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:00 am

Apparently it's another concept album, based on the life of the late Fred Phelps!

The title is Nostradumbass
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 11:00 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Apparently it's another concept album, based on the life of the late Fred Phelps!

The title is Nostradumbass

New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 395375 New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 395375 
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

agreed
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:16 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I just listened to Demolition again tonight -- still not impressed with it outside of "Hell Is Home", "Close to You" and "Lost and Found"
Feed on Me! That'd be the best track on the album. I don't like the ballads and Hell Is Home gets old.

They are dying on the dance floor, they are lying in debris
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 4:17 pm

New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 10261959_10152305190168965_8810990405763994332_n

The band just uploaded this to their FB page and said details on the new album will be coming soon.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 5:13 pm

Well that's not much to go on is it? Haha!  New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 604261 

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 6:38 pm

Looks like it's a mechanical telepath. Probably called something like Soultaker, Hatecrusher, Fireblender or something else that ends with an -er.
Back to top Go down
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 pm

The Angel of Retribution, part 2
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 12:30 am

ultmetal wrote:
Well that's not much to go on is it? Haha!  New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 604261 

More new album info should be coming in a matter of days. Razz I'm sure this is just a piece of the album cover but I love it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 9:12 am

New Album from Priest: NostraPinhead
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 9:22 am

If they keep putting shiny metal things on their covers, they might get an endorsement from Brasso...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:19 am

Ill get it but I am kinda wary. I really enjoyed Angel of Retribution but I cannot remember the last time I played nostradameus.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 10:57 am

exact33 wrote:
Ill get it but I am kinda wary. I really enjoyed Angel of Retribution but I cannot remember the last time I played nostradameus.

I think the band knows deep down that Nostradamus was a mis-step. They tried something different and it didn't work. Time to move on. They know what the fans want, they know what they do best and that's what they're gonna give us.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:10 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I think the band knows deep down that Nostradamus was a mis-step. They tried something different and it didn't work. Time to move on. They know what the fans want, they know what they do best and that's what they're gonna give us.

Agree - I think they always knew they had to do another Classic Priest-like album after Nostradameus.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40559

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 12:00 pm

Yeah I'll be getting it also. Angel was a great album but Nostradamus was just okay. It had some good songs but it's not an album I listen to all that much. Like MG said, they're going to go back to waht they do best.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 1:35 pm

I am eagerly awaiting this. I expect it to sound like Angel of Retribution which is fine with me. I am hoping that Richie Faulkner adds something new to the mix and they had some good inspiration.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 1:53 pm

I do hope they don't veer too far into "traditionalist" territory. I mean, Priest sounds like Priest and that's kind of a given. When "legacy" bands make new stuff that's intentionally and very deliberately aping old stuff, that's when I start to feel like the tank is more than half empty. I may not be a concept album, but I hope they don't intentionally go too far the other way instead of just letting the songs come out. That's what made all of their material great to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 1:56 pm

I'm expecting a cross between Sad Wings of Destiny and Jugulator, but with more kazoos.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:02 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm expecting a cross between Sad Wings of Destiny and Jugulator, but with more kazoos.

Only kazoos are TROO!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Priest Album is Finished!
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next