Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Priest Album is Finished!

Go down 
+50
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
jstate
bass63
TrogDawn
iamrockerfun
Shawn Of Fire
Glower
onrypt
Hadley
BearOnUnicycle
Lovecraft
Wayne
manny
ZombieHavoc
springozzy
Rex
brokentulsa
Eyesore
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Runicen
deathisgain
mr.electric39
nevermore
Vexer6
glassprison
ultmetal
thejokeriv
mc666
corplhicks
Lari
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
choosemetal
Witchfinder
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:27 am

Runicen wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
18 songs?!? Is this supposed to be another double album? Sounds like a lot of tuneage to cram on one disc.

You say that like it's a bad thing!  As long as it's not toss-away filler, I'm all for taking a heavy slab of metal from the Priest!

Could go either way, I suppose.  New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 604261 

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:27 am

Runicen wrote:
I'd have to spend some more time with this, but Rob is sounding really strong on this track.  Not a whole lot of the "old man voice" he's been exhibiting lately, so I'm impressed.

This will probably be a release day purchase for me.

Interesting. I thought he sounded real shaky.

Solid tune, though.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:40 am

The song was not bad - competent, mid-paced Priest. The album cover is hot garbage. Also, 18 songs is insane. I can't imagine there will be 18 quality tracks. More likey, 3 great songs, 8 average and 7 crappy cuts.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:22 pm

Eh, maybe I read too much into it.

Perhaps they recorded 18 tracks, but not all 18 will appear on 1 album. One exclusive for itunes download, a couple for the "Best Buy Exclusive" edition, a couple for the Japanese release, etc. Gotta spread it around these days  Razz 

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Yeah, that cover is butt. Hope the record is good. Best Buy exclusive? *trying to think back to the last time CD's were purchased at a Best Buy....*
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:12 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eh, maybe I read too much into it.

Perhaps they recorded 18 tracks, but not all 18 will appear on 1 album. One exclusive for itunes download, a couple for the "Best Buy Exclusive" edition, a couple for the Japanese release, etc. Gotta spread it around these days  Razz 

That's one trend I could definitely do without...  Got a Jon Oliva's Pain CD (I think it was Global Warning) and the booklet listed three potential bonus tracks, of which my version only had one.  Nothing says "My record label cares" like pulling the musical equivalent of hanging pictures of mistresses over the marital bed..

EDIT. And the real irony about Best Buy exclusive CDs is that the bastards look at you like you asked for an Edison Cylinder player if you want a CD deck for your home stereo.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:29 pm

To me it sounds like a mix of Sin After Sin and Screaming for Vengeance, while lacking the latter's intensity. It just love how they brought back their classic vibe. Completely cool with this.

Halford is decent enough; I really don't require him to be the Pavarotti he once was.

18 tracks is overkill and unnecessary. I felt like VH made the same misstep with being overlong and cycling a few duds.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:38 pm

This sounds great to me; just what I was hoping for!
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:44 pm

I say the more tracks the better.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:48 pm

heavy. And rob is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 4:44 pm

At work, can't listen to it, but I will when I get home.

Quote :

Asked how it has been collaborating on new music with Faulkner, Halford told Guitar World in a 2012 interview: "Really, really strong. Exciting. He's riffing and saying, 'Robby, I'm thinking of this and this and this.' It's really exciting to have that kind of energy, because you feed off of it."

He added: "[Richie] went through the ritual on [the 'Epitaph'] tour, did great work on stage, the fans embraced him, so it's now time to see what we're capable of, the writing trio of Glenn [Tipton] and Richie and myself."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/judas-priest-to-release-redeemer-of-souls-album-in-july-title-track-available-for-streaming/#40TDdqLVDbCMrx32.99

Good to hear Faulkner was involved with the writing.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Redeemer of Souls?
Lari wrote:
Looks like it's a mechanical telepath. Probably called something like Soultaker, Hatecrusher, Fireblender or something else that ends with an -er.

Eh, close enough.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 7:42 pm

I like the song. "Revolution" actually blew me away on first listen where as this one does not but it's still good. I'm sure there will be plenty songs on the album that I end up loving.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:17 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I like the song. "Revolution" actually blew me away on first listen where as this one does not but it's still good. I'm sure there will be plenty songs on the album that I end up loving.
I really enjoyed the new song.

To be honest I didn't really care for Revolution, I found it to be the weak link of an otherwise great album, not the best choice for a single(I would've chosen "Deal With The Devil" instead).
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:47 pm

I like the new song and will be getting the new album...
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:
I really enjoyed the new song.

To be honest I didn't really care for Revolution, I found it to be the weak link of an otherwise great album, not the best choice for a single(I would've chosen "Deal With The Devil" instead).

I agree with this, it really was the weakest song, or perhaps the only weak track. Felt clumsy, silly, like an odd man out. Deal w/ Devil would have worked perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:45 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Yeah, that cover is butt. Hope the record is good. Best Buy exclusive? *trying to think back to the last time CD's were purchased at a Best Buy....*

It's a Pinhead f*cked a pigeon and birthed Pigeonhead, or something.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:48 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
New song sounds OK. Didn't suck but didn't blow my doors off either.

+1  

+2
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 1:36 am

Well that song is pretty stock honestly.... but it's from probably the most important heavy metal band to exist who are in the end years of their careers...... I don't think anyone will be furious if it turns out they've just run out of steam, considering what they've given us. I think I'll be content whether or not I want to run out and get the record.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:13 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Well that song is pretty stock honestly.... but it's from probably the most important heavy metal band to exist who are in the end years of their careers...... I don't think anyone will be furious if it turns out they've just run out of steam, considering what they've given us. I think I'll be content whether or not I want to run out and get the record.

You're right; it is stock--but it's damn good stock. For some reason, as simple as the tune is, it reminds me of when I first heard Sabbath's 13. On that album I initially thought "okay, nothing here is going to blow me away like Master of Reality did for the first time, but hot damn this is more than I could ask for!" I feel this album is going to be the same way.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:10 pm

18 songs could mean a few tasty lil instrumentals ?

Metal master
Metal master
springozzy

Number of posts : 866

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:15 pm

I like it This will be a first day purchase for me
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 3:16 pm

I just got the press release about the album/single/etc. e-mailed to me and it sez "13 songs," not "18 songs."

Quote :
Yeah, that cover is butt.

The same press release sez that Pinhead lookin' thing is the single's cover, not the album cover. Which is, I guess, a good thing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I just got the press release about the album/single/etc. e-mailed to me and it sez "13 songs," not "18 songs."

Quote :
Yeah, that cover is butt.

The same press release sez that Pinhead lookin' thing is the single's cover, not the album cover. Which is, I guess, a good thing.

Cool.... any song titles/additional info on the press release?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:55 pm

Too bad single doesn't mean 45 RPM

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Priest Album is Finished!
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next