Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Judas Priest album

Go down 
+5
nevermore
Boris2008
Troublezone
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

New Judas Priest album  Empty
PostSubject: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 8:48 am

Just read that Glenn Tipton is working on new riffs for the follow-up to 2018's Firepower.

The band is highly motivated and the next album will be out in the very near future. Now this is excellent news headbanger headbanger headbanger.

Check out the full article here:

https://loudwire.com/judas-priest-glenn-tipton-riffs-new-album/

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 2:12 pm

Heard about that a couple weeks ago. Looking forward to hearing it. New Judas Priest album  604261
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 9:32 pm

I wish they would ditch Andy Sneap and get KK Downing back. I believe they only have one or two more albums in them and it would be ideal to have at least one original guitarist on stage.

That said, Gus G or Jeff Loomis would be great too!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 10:38 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I wish they would ditch Andy Sneap and get KK Downing back. I believe they only have one or two more albums in them and it would be ideal to have at least one original guitarist on stage.

Gus G would be great headbanger.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2019 10:43 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Nah! Ken's burned his bridges for me. The current Priest isn't the original band but I loved Firepower so more of that is fine.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25827

PostSubject: Re: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2019 11:19 am

Boris2008 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Nah! Ken's burned his bridges for me. The current Priest isn't the original band but I loved Firepower so more of that is fine.

And with all the trash talking I'm sure his bridges have been burned and set on fire again. And the lineup seems fine and inspired again.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Hmm...Sneap should go, that's for sure. Loomis isn't a bad idea, but one thing I enjoy about Faulkner is his ability to maintain restraint like KK did. Loomis might not hold back as a virtuoso.

Anybody can make a good replacement for KK IMO. Glenn though--dude has a stamp of character and identity on every one of his solos. I'm really gonna miss his lead work. No one else can replicate it, and no other guitarist from the old guard has worked as hard as he did to keep up with the post-VH shredder technique in the 80's.

If anything, Firepower was a great curtain call for the man. I'd be happy if he just laid his axe to rest at this point.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:57 pm

They don't need to change anything.

I'd be happy if Priest just recorded Firepower II.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 2:09 pm

Lari wrote:
They don't need to change anything.

I'd be happy if Priest just recorded Firepower II.

I'm wondering how rapid Glenn's disability is growing. He may not even be able to track the next record. He sounded rather stiff on Firepower and I had noticed that both on first listen and also before I (or all of us) learned of his condition.

You can even tell in the video for No Surrender. I don't think the dude is doing to well. Hoping I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 8:02 pm

I went and watched that video again and I think you're right. Sad to watch.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 9:40 pm

nevermore wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

And with all the trash talking I'm sure his bridges have been burned and set on fire again. And the lineup seems fine and inspired again.

I’m fully aware that reuniting with Ken is extremely unlikely... but I would like to see Sneap replaced.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 9:52 pm

I personally would love to see K.K. Downing return, but his book and his continued interviews where he continues to trash talk his former bandmates have probably put to bed any chances of him being returned to the band, which is a shame.

Andy Sneap already said he is only going to do this tour, but who knows, but Sneap has his band Hell, which is now a sideband to his very successful production career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Judas Priest album    New Judas Priest album  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Judas Priest album
Page 1 of 1