Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...

Go down 
+18
glassprison
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
HeavyThrashhead
LeatherRebel
Troublezone
Dark Horseman
metalinmyveins
mc666
deathisgain
the sentinel
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Lari
Gilbert
MoonChild
corplhicks
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Empty
PostSubject: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 1:37 pm

So this photo showed up on Priest's Instagram with the caption "Do not disturb, Metal God in the lyrical #metalsphere. @robhalfordlegacy writing lyrics for the upcoming #JudasPriest album #priestfamily." The other photo below in the studio was posted a week ago. Guess something's in the works. That was fast.

Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... 13043280_10154085984118965_1481071955594713813_n

Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... 12991021_10154069417028965_930594014713851995_n
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 1:40 pm

More the merrier!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39505

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 1:43 pm

Look forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9876

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 2:10 pm

In a recent issue of metal hammer, the metal gods had said that they are ready to work on new material. Turned out it was true. Always in the mood for "some priest style heavy metal".
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 2:18 pm

Good. I really like Redeemer of Souls. Their best reunion era album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 2:26 pm

Rumor has it that Axl is on stand-by if Rob isn't up to the task of recording and/or touring.

What a Face

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 2:33 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Rumor has it that Axl is on stand-by if Rob isn't up to the task of recording and/or touring.

So axl is becoming the next ripper owens Very Happy

What a Face
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 7:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

What a Face

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 7:49 pm

Yeah, I read something on Sleazeroxx about that a couple days back. Great news. I think I will spin the new live album in a moment.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 7:50 pm

007 wrote:
Look forward to it.

Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... 604261
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
deathisgain
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
deathisgain

Number of posts : 285

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 8:01 pm

I wonder what those books are, and if he is using them to write the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathisgain.com
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 10:21 pm

deathisgain wrote:
I wonder what those books are, and if he is using them to write the lyrics.

My thoughts as well. Looks like a bible maybe? Some ancient texts? Poetry?

Anyone else miss the dark lyricism of their early work, like Raw Deal and Dissident Aggressor? I kind of miss that. No more mythical robo-beasts or ancient history please (Maiden did the latter much better).
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2016 11:13 pm

corplhicks wrote:

Anyone else miss the dark lyricism of their early work, like Raw Deal and Dissident Aggressor? I kind of miss that. No more mythical robo-beasts or ancient history please

This x1000

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 12:42 pm

https://www.facebook.com/OfficialJudasPriest/posts/10155063712288965

Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... PRIEST_IS_BACK

Tom Allom AND Andy Sneap?!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 12:53 pm

Like Abe Vigoda, for so many years of his long life, I thought the Colonel was dead. I don't know why, but I swear he had passed. Good to know that he's not only alive, but also behind the knobs for a new Priest album.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 1:24 pm

Now that's a promising team.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 1:30 pm

Exciting news. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 5:06 pm

I'm glad they're using Tom Allom again! He produced most of their best and classic albums. Although I'm not really a fan of Andy Sneap's sterile cookie cutter style... he will at least make sure they sound modern and punchy.
Back to top Go down
LeatherRebel
Metal novice
Metal novice
LeatherRebel

Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 6:12 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I'm glad they're using Tom Allom again! He produced most of their best and classic albums. Although I'm not really a fan of Andy Sneap's sterile cookie cutter style... he will at least make sure they sound modern and punchy.

I wasn't a big fan of Sneap's style at first but it's grown on me quite a bit over the years. He's worked with some of my favorite bands so I listen to his production and mixing work quite often. Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... 604261

I'm super excited about the new Priest album. With the production team they have now, maybe it won't be as "muddy" and flat sounding as Redeemer Of Souls. Not sure who was to blame there - Tipton or Exeter - or both? scratch
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 8:12 pm

LeatherRebel wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I wasn't a big fan of Sneap's style at first but it's grown on me quite a bit over the years. He's worked with some of my favorite bands so I listen to his production and mixing work quite often.  Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... 604261

I'm super excited about the new Priest album. With the production team they have now, maybe it won't be as "muddy" and flat sounding as Redeemer Of Souls. Not sure who was to blame there  - Tipton or Exeter - or both?  scratch

For me, it was the opposite... I actually liked Sneap when he first started making a name for himself in the late 90s with Stuck Mojo and Exodus. It's just that over time, his style started making every band he worked with sound the same and overly digital.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 3:41 am

i'm always up for new Priest. it won't be anything groundbreaking but it still will be enjoyable. however this time i know the production won't be as crappy as the production for Redeemer of Souls.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 9:35 am

HeavyThrashhead wrote:
i'm always up for new Priest. it won't be anything groundbreaking but it still will be enjoyable. however this time i know the production won't be as crappy as the production for Redeemer of Souls.

Agreed. Weird mix on that album with Rob much too upfront.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37636

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 11:10 am

I bought Redeemer of Souls when it came out, listened to it a few times, and once the "newness" wore off it went back on the shelf... and that's where it has stayed.

I couldn't tell you the last time I played it. I don't think I can even name a track off of it aside from the title song Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 11:33 am

The RoS tracks sound much better on the live album Battle Cry than on the studio album, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 9:16 pm

glassprison wrote:
The RoS tracks sound much better on the live album Battle Cry than on the studio album, in my opinion.

oh yeah. i did not buy the Live album but i did catch them live back in october of 2015 down in fresno, california. "Dragonnaut", "Halls of Valhalla" & the title track had much better sound settings than the studio versions. great show by the way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...   Another Judas Priest Album On the Way... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another Judas Priest Album On the Way...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next