Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you want in the next Priest album?

Go down 
+27
Alex Dee Rokket
Dave the Boss
Wargod
A Handful of Wayne
Wayne
JBall_Z
Lurideath
fingers
stormspell
nevermore
iamrockerfun
scottmitchell74
sheets
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
Approval Guy
manny
thejokeriv
Shawn Of Fire
exact33
Fat Freddy
onrypt
Troublezone
mc666
Jesusandmetal23
Ben Grimm
Gilbert
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

What would you want in the next Priest album? Empty
PostSubject: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:59 am

I just want speed, aggression and Rob's demonic screams.

Simply, i just want another painkiller headbanger
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:15 am

I want a Judas Priest album not a Nostradamus story, it is a good album it took me a while to see that but I don't want another concept album. I also do not want the cheese that Halford has packed into this upcomming album. I do want the album (Halford) but I don't want a song titled "The Mower" on a Priest album. I like "Angel of Retribution" one of my favorites from that decade even but I would like Priest to show us what would have happened if Priest had released an album after Painkiller without any split up, Ripper, Fight, and solo projects.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:39 am

I want an old school metal album. I want 70s Priest back. Epics, but not boring ones. Maybe even a ballad.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:44 am

it doesn't matter, so long as it doesn't sound forced, like the last one did. if they just do what they do best & do it naturally, then i'll be satisfied.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:55 am

Painkiller 2
Back to top Go down
onrypt
Metal student
Metal student
onrypt

Number of posts : 174

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:33 am

Painkiller meets Screaming For Vengeance....
Priest for me is cruising down Broadway in a '79 TA with the T-Tops off, screaming "Some head's are gonna roll", or watching Halford live roll onto the stage on a fat Harley a la Defenders of the Faith.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/P207b
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:02 am

As long as it's not another NOSTRADAMUS, I'll be fine with whatever they put out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:06 am

I want something melodic yet aggressive.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:27 am

Gilbert wrote:

I want ten, 4-minute songs loaded with the elements you mentioned...no concepts, no symphonies, no bull$h!+.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:47 am

A great album
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:47 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I want ten, 4-minute songs loaded with the elements you mentioned...no concepts, no symphonies, no bull$h!+.

+10000
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:04 am

Jesusandmetal23 wrote:
I want an old school metal album. I want 70s Priest back. Epics, but not boring ones. Maybe even a ballad.

Agreed, I'd love to see them bring back the longer kind of songs like Exciter, Sinner and Victim of Changes with a heavier modern sound.

2 or 3 of them mixed in with some Vengance/Defenders style rockers would make me one happy metalhead.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 9:23 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Simply, i just want another painkiller What would you want in the next Priest album? 11840

I'll go with that one. But bump it up to 12 songs. Or 9 4-minute songs and one 6-minute ripping tune.

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:27 am

I want a covers album with Manilow, Air Supply, Fogelberg etc. Them covering the classics.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:38 am

TheNazgul wrote:
I want a covers album with Manilow, Air Supply, Fogelberg etc. Them covering the classics.

And a duet with Lady Gaga or Justin Beiber. Sure, why not? The kids will love it.

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:44 am

No, no, those aren't classic. How about Cyndi Lauper?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:47 am

mc666 wrote:
it doesn't matter, so long as it doesn't sound forced, like the last one did. if they just do what they do best & do it naturally, then i'll be satisfied.

Agreed
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 10:50 am

More uptempo tunes.

How do you know "Nostradamus" was 'forced'???
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:57 am

I'll be happy for them to just go back to releasing "regular" Priest albums. I think Nostradamus was an experiment for them that they won't be repeating anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:56 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

i don't know that it was, i simply said it sounded that way. at least to my ears.

Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:18 pm

mc666 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

i don't know that it was, i simply said it sounded that way. at least to my ears.

Even though I would've preferred an AoR pt. 2, I don't think they forced themselves to do this. I think they wanted to experiment and enjoyed it, like they have done at times in the past. Having said that, I think it is an OK album with maybe 2 really good tracks out of 2 discs.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:35 pm

I don't think Nostradamus was "forced". If anything, I think they may have over-thought it...I just have a hard time getting excited about concept albums...

Master Sailboat
mc666

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

Having said that, I think it is an OK album with maybe 2 really good tracks out of 2 discs.
agreed

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:00 pm

I want a "classic" Priest album. Short(er) songs, aggressive and melodic.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 3:30 pm

early 80s 90s style and old classic catchy songs.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What would you want in the next Priest album?   What would you want in the next Priest album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you want in the next Priest album?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next