Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Priest Album is Finished!

Go down 
+50
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
jstate
bass63
TrogDawn
iamrockerfun
Shawn Of Fire
Glower
onrypt
Hadley
BearOnUnicycle
Lovecraft
Wayne
manny
ZombieHavoc
springozzy
Rex
brokentulsa
Eyesore
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Runicen
deathisgain
mr.electric39
nevermore
Vexer6
glassprison
ultmetal
thejokeriv
mc666
corplhicks
Lari
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
choosemetal
Witchfinder
54 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7632

New Priest Album is Finished! Empty
PostSubject: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 1:10 pm

According to Rob Halford the new Judas Priest album is done:

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/new-judas-priest-album-is-finished-hooray/

I hope it's much better than Nostradamus.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
choosemetal
Metal master
Metal master
choosemetal

Number of posts : 757

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 1:38 pm

Cool, hope it's good.
Back to top Go down
http://wwwtotalmetal.blogspot.com/
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 1:45 pm

This could be anything but I hope it's interesting.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Not expecting much, but it could be a pleasant surprise.
Back to top Go down
MetallicSeminarian
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
MetallicSeminarian

Number of posts : 1698

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:03 pm

As much as I like Priest, this will probably be one I preview before I buy.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:08 pm

Although Nostradamus had it's moments, it was still a rather weak effort by the band. I'm hoping this new one will be better. It almost has to be, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:14 pm

The last Priest album I liked all the way through was Screaming For Vengeance, so I'm not exactly holding my breath.

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:42 pm

I loved nostradamus.

I hope the new album will be good, just more straightforward heavy metal.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:45 pm

They've never been shy about shamelessly blending in another genre or sound... and it never works.  lol!  They're about as good of a symphonic metal band as they were a glam metal band...I'm most interested in what the new guitar interplay is going to be like..
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:49 pm

headbanger headbanger 
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 2:51 pm

It's sad to say, but I'm not very excited about a new Priest album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 4:41 pm

First day buyer here!
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 4:56 pm

New Priest Album is Finished! Shutupandtakemymoney_zps3bbbd52e
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 5:42 pm

I wasn't a fan of Nostradamus at first but I took out the interludes and a couple of the cheesier songs and there's a good album of music in there. I do hope they skip the symphonics and concentrate straight forward metal.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 6:24 pm

I have a sneaky feeling that it's gonna surprise people !

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 6:33 pm

I'm still waiting for the black metal record that Rob's been threatening us with for a while now (don't do it Rob! It will suck!!)
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 7:15 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
I wasn't a fan of Nostradamus at first but I took out the interludes and a couple of the cheesier songs and there's a good album of music in there. I do hope they skip the symphonics and concentrate straight forward metal.
Nostradamus was pretty good. Just takes a few listens to get into. There was maybe an hours worth of top quality music there. That's like twice as much as in most other new releases.

I certainly don't want a Nostradamus II though. No way. But having just a by-the-numbers Angel of Retribution II seems like a boring idea too. I do want some sort of evolution again. Maybe a mixture of everything - a little bit of retro, a little bit of operetic stuff, a little bit of brutal Jugulator-style tracks and some super fast Painkiller songs too. And of course something new.

Faulkner is a great guitarist. Some BLS-style fun riff fest songs would be interesting, too.

Whatever it is, it's a first day purchase for me. I can't say no to Judas Priest.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 7:21 pm

I'd like them to do a Sad Wings type record, but they won't. Even if they did, it would probably be a bit like the Sabbath record, good but ultimately a reminder that they are not as good as they were.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 1:32 am

I'm stoked. I hated Nostradamus too, but my feeling is that was a one-off. Angel of Retribution was a strong return, and I think they're going to be strong again. I'm with Boris, though, on the Sad Wings idea.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 2:08 am

Priest are one of those bands that's just so dear to me, I'll always give them the benefit of the doubt. I've heard this described as more British Steel like. That sounds fine to me.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 6:55 am

mc666 wrote:
Priest are one of those bands that's just so dear to me, I'll always give them the benefit of the doubt. I've heard this described as more British Steel like. That sounds fine to me.

That's suddenly got me a whole lot more interested than I was!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 8:19 am

mc666 wrote:

I'm always a bit skeptical when a new release is described as sounding like an earlier classic released by the band. Still, I'll hold out hope for it. I'm looking forward to hearing it.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 8:25 am

007 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

I'm always a bit skeptical when a new release is described as sounding like an earlier classic released by the band. Still, I'll hold out hope for it. I'm looking forward to hearing it.

KISS is famous for that... every new album is "Destroyer meets ...."

I will be picking this up - it's Priest!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 10:08 am

I really enjoyed Angel of Retribution. Hope it's at least that good.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:49 pm

Quote :
I'm still waiting for the black metal record that Rob's been threatening us with for a while now (don't do it Rob! It will suck!!)

I missed this at the time, but back in 2008 he was talking about how Ihsahn, and members of Dimmu Borgir were urging him to do a black metal album. As bad an idea as it was, I'm still kind of curious as to what that would have sounded like.

As for the new record, as long as it's not a concept album I'll be very interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Priest Album is Finished!
Page 1 of 19Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next