Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Priest Album is Finished!

Go down 
+50
mikeinfla
A Handful of Wayne
Required Fields
jstate
bass63
TrogDawn
iamrockerfun
Shawn Of Fire
Glower
onrypt
Hadley
BearOnUnicycle
Lovecraft
Wayne
manny
ZombieHavoc
springozzy
Rex
brokentulsa
Eyesore
MetalRob331
ElectricEye93
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
exact33
Runicen
deathisgain
mr.electric39
nevermore
Vexer6
glassprison
ultmetal
thejokeriv
mc666
corplhicks
Lari
James B.
Dark Horseman
Metal Misfit
Temple of Blood
metalinmyveins
MoonChild
Gilbert
MetallicSeminarian
Boris2008
Orion Crystal Ice
choosemetal
Witchfinder
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:03 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm expecting a cross between Sad Wings of Destiny and Jugulator, but with more kazoos.

Only kazoos are TROO!

No saxophones! Kazoos ist krieg! tr00

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:04 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm expecting a cross between Sad Wings of Destiny and Jugulator, but with more kazoos.

Laughing very hard 

If Gene $immon$ was pimping the album "It's mix of Sad Wings, Screaming and Painkiller... And Destroyer"
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:22 pm

One of few releases I will be getting, JP is one of my must have bands.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:48 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I am eagerly awaiting this. I expect it to sound like Angel of Retribution which is fine with me.  I am hoping that Richie Faulkner adds something new to the mix and they had some good inspiration.  

My thoughts exactly. I hope they allowed Faulkner into the writing process.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 2:51 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Only kazoos are TROO!

no! only flugelhorns are metalhead TROO!!!

Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

Number of posts : 1598

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 4:31 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Don't forget the inevitable bonus CD, which contains instrumental versions of every track on the album performed only on cowbell, french horn, and kazoo. That'll be getting many a spin from me.

tr00 
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 12:14 pm

I won't bother posting it but they have revealed more of the image on their website and FB page. It looks pretty cool and creepy. The creature has feathered wings.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 12:33 pm

A little bird told me it had a cover of a KIllen tune

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
I won't bother posting it but they have revealed more of the image on their website and FB page. It looks pretty cool and creepy. The creature has feathered wings.
New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Reveal-web-50
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 1:11 pm

So it's an angelic mechanical telepath?
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 3:50 pm

Love the cover art.

Looks creepy and evil.

I hope the music is as good.
Back to top Go down
ElectricEye93
Metal novice
Metal novice
ElectricEye93

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:04 am

Title and first single released:

Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:41 am

I'd have to spend some more time with this, but Rob is sounding really strong on this track. Not a whole lot of the "old man voice" he's been exhibiting lately, so I'm impressed.

This will probably be a release day purchase for me.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:45 am

Sounds pretty decent to me. Sounds like Priest and I'm ok with that. Rob sounds better than I expected. He's been showing some signs of age lately.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:50 am

He's had a bit of quaver to his vocals lately and I only noticed it after listening to the new track because it's NOT present here. This is the strongest his low/mid range has sounded for quite some time. He didn't even sound that powerful on the Fight tracks.

That I can draw a line sonically between his voice on this track and some of the most full-on moments of British Steel is encouraging.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:57 am

Runicen wrote:
He's had a bit of quaver to his vocals lately and I only noticed it after listening to the new track because it's NOT present here.  This is the strongest his low/mid range has sounded for quite some time.  He didn't even sound that powerful on the Fight tracks.

That I can draw a line sonically between his voice on this track and some of the most full-on moments of British Steel is encouraging.

I thought Rob's voice sounded terrible on their Touch of Evil: Live album and that's an official band-approved release. He sounded like someone was strangling a muppet. Coupled with the fact that he's been hobbling around on stage with a cane lately just proves that even 'Metal Gods' get old and that stinks.

If this new album carries on in the same vein as Angel of Retribution, I'd be cool with that.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:03 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Sounds pretty decent to me. Sounds like Priest and I'm ok with that. Rob sounds better than I expected. He's been showing some signs of age lately.

Same here, and just like all other Priest albums, definite buy for me.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:06 am

And the guitar solo is a killer! Wow!
Back to top Go down
Runicen
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:17 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I thought Rob's voice sounded terrible on their Touch of Evil: Live album and that's an official band-approved release. He sounded like someone was strangling a muppet. Coupled with the fact that he's been hobbling around on stage with a cane lately just proves that even 'Metal Gods' get old and that stinks.

If this new album carries on in the same vein as Angel of Retribution, I'd be cool with that.

100% agreement here. Not sure if it's a good thing, but it's not like Rob sounded great 100% of the time. All of the most recent reissues of Priest's albums have live tracks on them from varying 80s concerts and whoever picked those cuts as bonus tracks was hopefully fired because they picked the WORST nights they could have. Rob sounded like he had a bad cold or had been tossing back scotch shots and smoking blunts with Lemmy backstage before the show each and every night. We all know he's better than that - or at least was in his prime - so it was a questionable decision at best to officially release those tracks.

Still, it's nice to think that maybe we're just not hearing him at his best moments even now. Sadly, time only moves in one direction, so there's only so much potential he's likely to squeeze out of his voice these days.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:24 am

New song sounds OK. Didn't suck but didn't blow my doors off either.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 10:53 am

This melted my face. Especially that mid-section. Wow. Really looking forward to this album.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:02 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
New song sounds OK. Didn't suck but didn't blow my doors off either.

+1
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40560

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:15 am

Decent enough song. I'll be getting this one once it's out.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:19 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Ill get it but I am kinda wary. I really enjoyed Angel of Retribution but I cannot remember the last time I played nostradameus.

I think the band knows deep down that Nostradamus was a mis-step. They tried something different and it didn't work. Time to move on. They know what the fans want, they know what they do best and that's what they're gonna give us.

I think this quote from Glenn confirms my previous statement...

Quote :
JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Glenn Tipton said that fans should not expect wild experimentation. "Sometimes in the past we may have come under fire for being too adventurous musically – so we have listened," he said. "From start to finish, 'Redeemer Of Souls' is 18 songs of pure classic PRIEST metal."

18 songs?!? Is this supposed to be another double album? Sounds like a lot of tuneage to cram on one disc.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Runicen

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
18 songs?!? Is this supposed to be another double album? Sounds like a lot of tuneage to cram on one disc.

You say that like it's a bad thing! As long as it's not toss-away filler, I'm all for taking a heavy slab of metal from the Priest!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Priest Album is Finished!   New Priest Album is Finished! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Priest Album is Finished!
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next