Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barren Cross

Go down 
+32
rattpoison
MetalH
Rex
zelote
Thrasher73
manny
Lurideath
Cliffy
exact33
novellahub
powermacho
stevegarveyfan
Addy
James B.
MetalGuy71
nevermore
candlemass
DallasBlack
Follower of Jesus
SAHB Healer
bigjtink
Tall Tyrion
kethdredd
mr.electric39
stepcousin
Hamer12
T-Roy
Shiney
ultmetal
kmorg
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

Barren Cross - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:18 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Quote :
$18 though?? Don't think so...shouldn't be more than $10.

But Mike Lee Michael Drive may be hungry.

I hear he wastes tons of energy arranging then rearranging his merch booth at shows... Cool

You heard right. He's an odd character....

I think the extra money for the cd all went to duct tape. He must have gone through three rolls of it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:07 pm

I was just perusing the Barren Cross web site and found this last line in the "history" section a bit disturbing...

"Barren Cross is back writting new material for a new album and is in the throws of consideration of re-recording Atomic Arena."

No, no, NO!!! Do NOT re-record ATOMIC ARENA!! That album is absolutely perfect the way it is and is Top Ten of All Time for me!! LEAVE IT ALONE!

angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I was just perusing the Barren Cross web site and found this last line in the "history" section a bit disturbing...

"Barren Cross is back writting new material for a new album and is in the throws of consideration of re-recording Atomic Arena."

No, no, NO!!! Do NOT re-record ATOMIC ARENA!! That album is absolutely perfect the way it is and is Top Ten of All Time for me!! LEAVE IT ALONE!

I Agree!!!!!!! It's PERFECT as is!!!!
angry
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:26 pm

One thing Im seeing alot of christian artists do is rerecording their older stuff, I think they dont need to do this, Leave it alone ya know?

DONT TOUCH ATOMIC ARENA!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 4:30 pm

If they're gonna re-touch anything, they should clean up the RATTLE YOUR CAGE release IMO... that one always sounded a bit lacking compared to the other three studio albums.

If they go ahead and re-record ATOMIC I'd probably buy it anyway just cuz I'm a total fanboy for this band, but I probably wouldn't listen to it much...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:00 pm

Where is Newbury Comics? Anywhere near Dallas or OKC?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 9:44 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:

I believe they're a chain of stores in Massachusetts.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:19 pm

Hatin' on Bob Beeman, and re-recording Atomic Arena? Mike Lee has totally lost it! Laughing

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 9:39 pm

All I need is their albums re-mastered. I have their music on cassettes Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:15 pm

powermacho wrote:
All I need is their albums re-mastered. I have their music on cassettes Sad

They reissued them in 04, not sure if they were remastered. I thought you got RFTK on CD earlier this year, Kurt?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 2:36 pm

kmorg wrote:
Hatin' on Bob Beeman, and re-recording Atomic Arena? Mike Lee has totally lost it! Laughing

Since when does he hate Bob Beeman? I must've missed that.

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I heard heard he's lost it, but not why he's "lost it" - I was wondering about the hating on beeman too.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 4:00 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:

I believe they're a chain of stores in Massachusetts.

And Rhode Island too, I used to hit the one in Warwick, RI when i lived in CT
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 4:23 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:

I heard heard he's lost it, but not why he's "lost it" - I was wondering about the hating on beeman too.

He doesn't "hate" Bob Beeman...he took exception to something Bob said in a blog...no biggie...
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:42 am

does anyone knows how are the re-reisues from Barren Cross that Radrockers is selling? I need to upgrade my cassettes
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:04 am

Yeah, hatin' was a strong word, although meant in jest. But he did have a heated discussion with Bob in that blog.

I'm not sure hat you mean that you thought I just got RFTK on CD, Spec. I have all their albums on CD....

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:55 am

I guess I thought what powermacho posted came from you, kmorg. It's the similar cartoony avatars I think. At least that's what I am going with.
Back to top Go down
novellahub
Metal student
Metal student
novellahub

Number of posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:01 am

powermacho wrote:
does anyone knows how are the re-reisues from Barren Cross that Radrockers is selling? I need to upgrade my cassettes

The copies on Radrockers are listed as CDR's so they are not the official re-releases. I have the State Of Control reissue and I believe that Rycodisc released them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rchobbyhub.com

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:03 am

Here are all 3 for under $10 each...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=barren+cross
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:44 pm

I have the originals - does Atomic Arena and State Of Control actually sound any better on the remasters?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 2:11 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I have the originals - does Atomic Arena and State Of Control actually sound any better on the remasters?

To my knowledge, they are not actually "remasters". They were not remastered, only re-released on CD-R...
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:32 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

To my knowledge, they are not actually "remasters". They were not remastered, only re-released on CD-R...

Sounds like a "rip off" to me since I have the originals (Enigma State Of Control not the Benson version missing 2k years)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:33 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Sounds like a "rip off" to me since I have the originals (Enigma State Of Control not the Benson version missing 2k years)

Then you'd best not buy them... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 11:27 pm

novellahub wrote:
powermacho wrote:

The copies on Radrockers are listed as CDR's so they are not the official re-releases. I have the State Of Control reissue and I believe that Rycodisc released them.
Thanks, I guess I will have to wait until they do an official re-reisue, and maybe they do something like BELIEVER or Mortification with extra pictures and tracks
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 5:52 pm

Leave 'Atomic Arena' alone... doesn't need to be touched.... 'state of control' is another issue... as sterile a disc I've heard. there are some really good tunes there but it has no power, feel or emotion.....

I've always thought 'Rattle Your Cage' had 6 brilliant ball busting tunes and the rest being filler... Loved the grinding guitar though!
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barren Cross
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next