Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barren Cross

Go down 
+32
rattpoison
MetalH
Rex
zelote
Thrasher73
manny
Lurideath
Cliffy
exact33
novellahub
powermacho
stevegarveyfan
Addy
James B.
MetalGuy71
nevermore
candlemass
DallasBlack
Follower of Jesus
SAHB Healer
bigjtink
Tall Tyrion
kethdredd
mr.electric39
stepcousin
Hamer12
T-Roy
Shiney
ultmetal
kmorg
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Barren Cross - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 2:47 pm

manny wrote:
I am trusting you gentlemen since I just order Barren Cross's "Atomic Arena" for $3.13 on Amazon, plus 2.98 for shipping.

What did you think of Atomic Arena?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2008 8:29 am

rattpoison wrote:
I remember seeing some of the guys from Barren Cross on that Morton Downey Jr. Show on Heavy Metal/Rock music.

I thought these clean cut guys with bad hair were a bit out of place amongst the New Yawk attitude's n' mouth's of Ace Frehely, Circus Of Power, Cycle Sluts From Hell, Joey Ramone, Scott Ian etc.

You mean you remember you saw it on YouTube? You're to young to have seen it when it was aired! :lol I used to have it on VHS, but the clip is on YouTube now.

Oh, and I like Vanishing Lessons too. It's not really the same as the first 3, but it's still a good album.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:26 am

In Christian metal, it doesn't get much better than BC! 10/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:39 am

9.5/10!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:48 am

SpectreFate wrote:
9.5/10!
See, we nearly agreed again! Keep trying, SF, and you'll eventually get it. just kidding Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 10:59 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Rock for the King is a bit on the cheesy side, but then I don't mind a bit of cheese on my meat, or on my metal!

Rock For The King contains my all time favorite cheesy lyric in the history of metal, Christian or non, in the song "Believe":

"Better than pot, JEEEEEEEESUS ROOOOOOOCKS!!!!"

Twenty-odd years after I first heard it, I still chuckle whenever I hear that lyric Laughing very hard

Bumpin' an oldie here, but I'm listening to STATE OF CONTROL for the first time in awhile and the song "Inner War" also has a lyric that has always made me chuckle: "...when I don't sin, baby, I'm satisfied." surprised

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 7:58 pm

-

Last edited by Tall Tyrion on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:02 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:
I am trusting you gentlemen since I just order Barren Cross's "Atomic Arena" for $3.13 on Amazon, plus 2.98 for shipping.

I actually liked it and it was very different then I expected them to sound like,thanks for turning me on to this band.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:01 am

manny wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
manny wrote:

I actually liked it and it was very different then I expected them to sound like,thanks for turning me on to this band.

Atomic arena is really good, but the best is state of control, no buts about it.
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 1:58 pm

I never got the one years after State of Control with Mike Lee singing (or Mike D.R.I.V.E for the politically correct)

Is it any good? Comparing it to Atomic Arena and State of Control albums? Those first two albums were so good.

Now that I think of it, I never got the one before Atomic Arena either.
Back to top Go down
Navouhodonosor
Metal student
Metal student
Navouhodonosor

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 5:12 am

Great band I love all the releases of this band except maybe "rattle your cage". It sounds a little "weak" in my ears...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barren Cross
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9