Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barren Cross

Go down 
+32
rattpoison
MetalH
Rex
zelote
Thrasher73
manny
Lurideath
Cliffy
exact33
novellahub
powermacho
stevegarveyfan
Addy
James B.
MetalGuy71
nevermore
candlemass
DallasBlack
Follower of Jesus
SAHB Healer
bigjtink
Tall Tyrion
kethdredd
mr.electric39
stepcousin
Hamer12
T-Roy
Shiney
ultmetal
kmorg
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Barren Cross - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:22 pm

Yeesh... as usual, I kick up a hornet's nest without really meaning to... Shocked

Remember when bands used to break up or kick people out over the time honored "musical differences" or mundane reasons like "so-and-so f**ked our lead singer's girlfriend so we asked him to leave" or whatever?? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yeesh... as usual, I kick up a hornet's nest without really meaning to... Shocked

Remember when bands used to break up or kick people out over the time honored "musical differences" or mundane reasons like "so-and-so f**ked our lead singer's girlfriend so we asked him to leave" or whatever?? Laughing

Yeah, I remember. But back then musicians didn't have personal pulpits blogs.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Whatever you do Freddy donot post that Wanda Sykes has come out of the closet on this thread!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:39 pm

manny wrote:

Whatever you do Freddy donot post that Wanda Sykes has come out of the closet on this thread!!!!

If only Mike Lee had done something boring to get kicked out of the band, like eaten all the green M&M's from the backstage catering area. Then there wouldn't be any drama.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:49 pm

spectrefate wrote:

Back then Christian musicians preached from the stage and people didn't like that either.

The great commission, fellas...

"Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

later...Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:55 pm

Cliffy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Back then Christian musicians preached from the stage and people didn't like that either.

All the while still drinking and doing drugs and banging chicks and partying...not all of them, but enough of them...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 1:58 pm

There are no "hornet's nets" here. We are having a good discussion. That's why it's called a "discussion board". Smile

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :
there is absolutely nothing wrong with a single thing that he says.

In your perspective...but not everyone agrees...not everyone even agrees on Scripture interpretation. So, you think he's right and others think he's wrong and the world keeps turning...

That's basically what I was trying to say.

Cliffy,
I don't think we disagree at all. Repentance for sin is essential. However, to say that anyone is living sin free and "never willfully sins" is ridiculous. We all struggle with sin. We all blow it. The Apostle Paul explained this in great detail when he described the war between the flesh and the spirit. The Holy Spirit living inside us is what convicts us when we do screw up. That should cause genuine repentance and a willful desire to never return to that sin. However, we all know that "we know what is right, yet we still do what is wrong". It's a daily battle.

I don't know what Pastor Bob has been blogging recently. I only know him from the many times I've met him and heard him preach. I've not heard him preach anything that was contrary to the Bible. I also know that he shows genuine love for people and sharing his faith. I have a lot of respect for the man but I cannot defend his blog, which I have not read.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Cliffy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

All the while still drinking and doing drugs and banging chicks and partying...not all of them, but enough of them...

Yep...and we know who was real and who wasn't by the reality of their lives today.

later...Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Cliffy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Cliffy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

Yep...and we know who was real and who wasn't by the reality of their lives today.

Not always...some real ones fell and some fake ones came around...
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Cliffy,
I don't think we disagree at all. Repentance for sin is essential. However, to say that anyone is living sin free and "never willfully sins" is ridiculous. We all struggle with sin. We all blow it. The Apostle Paul explained this in great detail when he described the war between the flesh and the spirit. The Holy Spirit living inside us is what convicts us when we do screw up. That should cause genuine repentance and a willful desire to never return to that sin. However, we all know that "we know what is right, yet we still do what is wrong". It's a daily battle.

I don't know what Pastor Bob has been blogging recently. I only know him from the many times I've met him and heard him preach. I've not heard him preach anything that was contrary to the Bible. I also know that he shows genuine love for people and sharing his faith. I have a lot of respect for the man but I cannot defend his blog, which I have not read.

Right on, man...I don't think we disagree either, dude. Oh...and it has been said by some that though Paul is talking in the present tense there, that he was actually referring to himself before he was saved. (Although, I will say that the only reason that that line of reasoning gives me pause is because without salvation, the kind of struggling with the flesh that Paul is referring to isn't even possible.)

Good discussion indeed!

later...Cliffy

Last edited by Cliffy on Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steinhausmastering.com
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:28 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

"Real ones" don't fall, dude. At least I don't believe so. To me, you can't convince a true believer that you were once one of them, but no longer are.

By "fall" I mean fall away...as in no longer are a believer. If you no longer are then you never really were.

later...Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:42 pm

Cliffy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

"Real ones" don't fall, dude. At least I don't believe so. To me, you can't convince a true believer that you were once one of them, but no longer are.

By "fall" I mean fall away...as in no longer are a believer. If you no longer are then you never really were.

later...Cliffy

That, again, is your own perspective/opinion...as you said. It's not an absolute...they may not always stay fallen...but they indeed do fall away for a time...
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Cliffy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

later...Cliffy

That's not what the RCC teaches, who btw have more athority than you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 2:51 pm

Cliffy wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

The great commission, fellas...

"Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you."

later...Cliffy

What in the wide, wide, wide world of sports does the great commision have to do w/metal music?! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:33 pm

Cliffy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

later...Cliffy

Hey Cliffy - I respectfully disagree. I get the feeling that we probably don't agree on to much theologically, but you know what? It's all good, discussion is good. It doesn't make me or you any less of a believer in Jesus Christ. Just so you undersatnd I am not attacking you personally.

Back to the discussion - my issue with that statement is similar to issue with reformed techology or calvinism in general, if calvinism is correct, then you can't be responsible for your own sin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Let's see if we can steer this discussion back to BARREN CROSS, shall we?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:46 pm

The questions are

How can a TRUE believer ever walk away?

Was someone who once claimed to be a true believer but now no longer believes ever really a true believer?

The very idea that someone holding the keys to the kind of eternal life that we were all originally meant to live and then just up and decides that it was all a just bunch of hooey ever really believed in the first place is an insult to the faith we all hold dear and the God who made us.

Eternal life is coming for us all...I'm in line to ensure mine is the one I was made for.

later...Cliffy

Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:48 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
then you can't be responsible for your own sin.

Dude...being born makes you responsible.

Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:49 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Very Happy

Great band with an amazing catalog!

One of my absolute all-time favorites.

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:49 pm

Quote :
How can a TRUE believer ever walk away?

I'm sure there are a myriad of ways...ask one.

Quote :
Was someone who once claimed to be a true believer but now no longer believes ever really a true believer?

I would wager that you could never convince a former believer that they never were...especially a former minister (be it musical or otherwise)...

CRAP!!! I didn't follow my own advice!! angry

Back to BARREN CROSS the band...we can discuss theology somewhere else...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Cliffy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Very Happy

Agreed...I love Mike Lee's voice...always have...and you can't argue with the greatness of Atomic Arena and State Of Control...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:55 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Cliffy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Very Happy

Agreed...I love Mike Lee's voice...always have...and you can't argue with the greatness of Atomic Arena and State Of Control...

Two of my favorite albums. I also love their first album, the original mix on Star Song. Lost of nostalgia on that one for me. 🤘

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 3:57 pm

Rock For The King is cool...nostalgia city for me too...but once the Elefante's got hold of them they really came into thier own, IMO...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:01 pm

Uh...yea, let's get back to Barren Cross shall we? Y'all are getting too deep and intellectual for me anyway. Smile ATOMIC ARENA is easily one of my top 10 metal CDs of all time, Christian or non. 🤘

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Uh...yea, let's get back to Barren Cross shall we? Y'all are getting too deep and intellectual for me anyway. Smile ATOMIC ARENA is easily one of my top 10 metal CDs of all time, Christian or non. 🤘

Every song on that record is a killer... 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barren Cross
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next