Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barren Cross Info

Go down 
+18
mikeinfla
exact33
kethdredd
Infinite
jettafiend
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
mc666
Lurideath
Orion Crystal Ice
James B.
Dark Horseman
Glenn Rogers
SpectreFate
ultmetal
Shawn Of Fire
kmorg
Fat Freddy
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 10:27 am

Barren Cross have some new stuff in the works \'arry \'eadbanger ... they posted this on their Facebook earlier today:

Hello everyone, we are exited to to get new Barren Cross music out there. It really has been way too long, 1995 to be exact. Our desire is to produce 3 new songs every three or four months and to make them available through itunes. We are doing this on our own, No record label, No Promo companies, No middle man, just us with a producer making Barren Cross music. Like Guardian, Tourniquet and many others we are starting with nothing. So what we are doing is raising the money to get the ball rolling. If you feel led to contribute we have set up a Barren Cross paypal account it is barrencrossmusic@yahoo.com One thing we can promise you is that we will continue to preach to whole gospel of Jesus Christ, talk about the issues of the day. Thank you again for your support

Bummer that they seem to be intent on going the all-digital route tho. Man, I hate the 21st century. Barren Cross Info 19976

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 am

Yah, I ain't paying for air!

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:21 am

kmorg wrote:
Yah, I ain't paying for air!

You would not be paying for air...you'd be paying for music...just not a physical delivery apparatus.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:31 am

Unless they offer a physical product, I won't be contributing. True that Tourniquet started with nothing and went the route of no record company, but they also offered a physical product in the end. Flotsam & Jetsam just did the same thing. I don't care what anyone says, unless I have the CD or vinyl in my hand, I own nothing and I won't pay for "nothing".

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:42 am

Barren Cross Info Grandpa_simpson_yelling_at_cloud_001
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:45 am

ultmetal wrote:
Unless they offer a physical product, I won't be contributing. True that Tourniquet started with nothing and went the route of no record company, but they also offered a physical product in the end. Flotsam & Jetsam just did the same thing. I don't care what anyone says, unless I have the CD or vinyl in my hand, I own nothing and I won't pay for "nothing".

Hear hear! Fight the power!! headbanger

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:47 am

I know we go through this every couple of weeks or so, but a houseful of CDs just isn't my bag. I had that and it was a huge cause of anxiety. I much rather enjoy the ability of carrying my entire music collection in my shirt pocket.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:48 am

SpectreFate wrote:
I know we go through this every couple of weeks or so, but a houseful of CDs just isn't my bag. I had that and it was a huge cause of anxiety. I much rather enjoy the ability of carrying my entire music collection in my shirt pocket.

I can understand that. I guess the collector in me just can't let go.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:53 am

Not into begging for recording budget... I pay out on my own pocket to record. Downloading killed my last cd still in debt...But I'm not going to hit up fans for the money to make the next one...BS move... OD did it and it became a night mare.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

Glad I can do both. Very Happy

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:27 pm

I don't want a few songs here and there on itunes, I hate itunes. Get enough songs for a whole album, downloadable or otherwise and offer it on multiple sites.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12605

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:38 pm

It isn't very expensive to record at home with computer and software.

So I don't see the "need" to be "asking/begging" for cash.

Go out and play a few shows, sell a few shirts, and make money the old fashoined way.

It's sad when musicians toss the "we're gonna continue to preach the gospel" line and don't wanna take any risk in doing so.

If a band would pony up, so to speak and ask fans to invest in the recording process and then give them a percentage of the Itunes proceeds then it would be based on a some kind of a business model and not what they (BC) offered above. Ya know, give us money, so we can make money, and you still gotta pay cash at Itunes for the help. No thanks

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:49 pm

Huh. Well, I hope they find a way to get things rolling that is more agreeable. In the meantime, you guys should also consider saving a place in your collection for the Skyliner record, which was fully paid for by only us (including mixing), and WILL be coming out as a physical copy on label yet to be determined. That's the stuff you dig, right? Very Happy

If I had any shame, I wouldn't be here.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:09 pm

I totally get why people want collections. I still buy CDs too (albeit, not like I used to and not like Kurt or Scott).

I just wish we'd get past this idea that buying a download is "paying for air" or "paying for nothing". Buying a download is paying for music. The only thing different is medium.

As for BC, they need to go through Bandcamp. iTunes will take a larger percentage from them for starters. Also, from Bandcamp listeners can get lossless (WAV or FLAC) and 320kb MP3 as opposed to iTunes' standard 256kb. The band gets more from Bandcamp in terms of percentage too.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:12 pm

Quote :
As for BC, they need to go through Bandcamp. iTunes will take a larger percentage from them for starters. Also, from Bandcamp listeners can get lossless (WAV or FLAC) and 320kb MP3 as opposed to iTunes' standard 256kb. The band gets more from Bandcamp in terms of percentage too.

Want me to pass this info along to BC via their Facebook? Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Want me to pass this info along to BC via their Facebook? Very Happy

If you want...

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:22 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I just wish we'd get past this idea that buying a download is "paying for air" or "paying for nothing". Buying a download is paying for music. The only thing different is medium.

Barren Cross Info 25679

Damn straight.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 1:36 pm

Glad to see they are finally gonna produce music, but begging fans for money to do so is pure garbage!! I am in agreeance with James B here! Make some shirts, play some shows and earn the money!!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Quote :
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

People used to be afraid of electricity too, change is hard. And we like the old ways.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:51 pm

i still buy cds whenever i can & if they are available. however "owning" something isn't paramount to me. i pay for lap dances, but i don't own the girl. does that make me enjoy it any less? no. was it still worth the money? you bet.

in the end, you are paying for the music. although there isn't a physical copy, it's not like it's going to disappear & you'd have to re-purchase it. you can back it up easier than the physical medium & enjoy it for a lifetime.

SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 8:55 pm

For the record, my wife would be much more happy about a houseful of CDs than a houseful of stripper skanks. Wink
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:05 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
For the record, my wife would be much more happy about a houseful of CDs than a houseful of stripper skanks. Wink
i like strippers. my wife likes shoes. we've agreed upon the expenses.

SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 9:36 pm

mc666 wrote:
SpectreFate wrote:
i like strippers. my wife likes shoes. we've agreed upon the expenses.

That's awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 1:46 am

mc666 wrote:
i pay for lap dances, but i don't own the girl. .

Yer married. MC would would own it if he wasn't.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 9:26 am

I never would have guessed that a Barren Cross thread would invole discusson of owning strippers. Cool.

Barren Cross Info Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross Info   Barren Cross Info Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barren Cross Info
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next