Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barren Cross

Go down 
+32
rattpoison
MetalH
Rex
zelote
Thrasher73
manny
Lurideath
Cliffy
exact33
novellahub
powermacho
stevegarveyfan
Addy
James B.
MetalGuy71
nevermore
candlemass
DallasBlack
Follower of Jesus
SAHB Healer
bigjtink
Tall Tyrion
kethdredd
mr.electric39
stepcousin
Hamer12
T-Roy
Shiney
ultmetal
kmorg
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

Barren Cross - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:06 pm

I found this thread interesting especially since I have never heard a single track from Barren Cross in my life. Amazing how a band could spawn a conversation on faith, sin, etc.

I will check them out since both Freddy and Spec seem to think they were good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:08 pm

manny wrote:
I found this thread interesting especially since I have never heard a single track from Barren Cross in my life. Amazing how a band could spawn a conversation on faith, sin, etc.

You should...if you enjoy Melodic, American styled Power Metal...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:18 pm

I am not huge fan of power metal but I do like some bands that I have discovered thanks to Phoenix's Comp Swap CD's.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:19 pm

Yeah Manny I would Recommend them too.Atomic Arena is a great album.They have alot of Maiden qualities in their sound IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:21 pm

manny wrote:
I am not huge fan of power metal but I do like some bands that I have discovered thanks to Phoenix's Comp Swap CD's.

They're not GAMMA RAY styled "happy" Power Metal...closer to JAG PANZER mixed with IRON MAIDEN and maybe a little bit of ROUGH CUTT (tell me "Crying Over You" could not have been on the first ROUGH CUTT album...).
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:21 pm

manny wrote:

These guys are a recent discovery for me as well. I found most of their discs over the summer in the bargin bin. Good stuff if you like 80's metal. I don't get all caught up in the lyrics or message. I just like to rock.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:22 pm

manny wrote:

Get Atomic Arena first, then State Of Control, thne Rock For The King. Freddy is correct - Atomic Arena is one awesome album and in my opinion, BC's best.

Off topic real quick, maybe we need to start a "theological discussion" thread in unsound mind. And Cliffy, my answer to walking away is free will.

Manny - get Atomic Arena if you can!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:22 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I recently found Rock for the King in a box of cd's for $1. The only downside is that the booklet/cover is missing. I have the back insert though with the track listing. Can anyone make me a nice clear scan of the cover that I can print out (bigger than this one pictured) or perhaps direct me to a website that I can find this cover? I would be much obliged. It's the 1990 Medusa Records version.

Barren Cross - Page 7 RockForTheKing-Medusa

You still need this? I can hook you up

I'm still looking for this cover. You gonna help brother out here?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I recently found Rock for the King in a box of cd's for $1. The only downside is that the booklet/cover is missing. I have the back insert though with the track listing. Can anyone make me a nice clear scan of the cover that I can print out (bigger than this one pictured) or perhaps direct me to a website that I can find this cover? I would be much obliged. It's the 1990 Medusa Records version.

Dude - I totally forgot!!!!!! Sorry about that! Can you send me a PM (so I am reminded!) and I'll scan it tonight? I think I need ginko!!!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:32 pm

I am trusting you gentlemen since I just order Barren Cross's "Atomic Arena" for $3.13 on Amazon, plus 2.98 for shipping.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:34 pm

manny wrote:
I am trusting you gentlemen since I just order Barren Cross's "Atomic Arena" for $3.13 on Amazon, plus 2.98 for shipping.

I don't think you'll regret that purchase, Manny. Especially for such a cheap price!! Let us know what you think once you've given it a spin. I'd say Shawn's band comparisons a few posts back are pretty dead on. They're not "power metal" in the "happy happy Helloween" sense of the term, but like the classic '80s American, meat-and-potatoes kind of stuff.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:40 pm

manny wrote:

As FF said, it's well worth the price! I had to get this on CD as soon as I got a CD player, since I wore out my cassette tape of it! I had Rock For The King, though it was good, like it alot, but when I first popped Atomic Arena in the tape player (first day of release purchase), I was blown away. A perfect example of a band far exceeding there debut album on their softmore release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:42 pm

I hope you dig it, manny. I certainly do. At least it's safe to say that if you don't like Atomic Arena, then you won't like any Barren Cross, because that album is their "Master of Puppets".

Last edited by spectrefate on Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:42 pm

I got very lucky back in the day (early 90s) and found a CD copy of ATOMIC ARENA in the cut-out bin at a Sam Goody (!) just in time to replace my well worn cassette, which was about to go the way of the dodo bird... I think I paid $3.99 for it.

Now if only I could get that lucky and find a similar deal on the original Star Song Records pressing of ROCK FOR THE KING I could die a happy man. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:43 pm

I am sure I will like it, since you guys compared them to Iron Maiden and Helloween.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 4:57 pm

They're NOT like HELLOWEEN....that's what we keep saying...

And the IRON MAIDEN vibe comes mainly from Lee's vocals...its straight, American Power Metal/Heavy Metal...JAG PANZER, ROUGH CUTT...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 5:00 pm

Good I like straight ahead American metal, and i am fan of Jag Panzer
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:00 pm

Atomic Arena is just good classic metal. Its still one of my favorite albums.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:13 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Done! Check your email! I didn't send you the Enigma order form that is part of it - let me know if you want it and I will scan that too.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I got very lucky back in the day (early 90s) and found a CD copy of ATOMIC ARENA in the cut-out bin at a Sam Goody (!) just in time to replace my well worn cassette, which was about to go the way of the dodo bird... I think I paid $3.99 for it.

Now if only I could get that lucky and find a similar deal on the original Star Song Records pressing of ROCK FOR THE KING I could die a happy man. Laughing

I can;t help you there - I'm not selling my copy! This thread inspired me to pull up Atomic Arena on my Ipod on the drive home. I had to make a few stops, so I got to listen to the whole thing. Then, Rock For The King came on. On my Ipod, if I play all songs by BC, when I get to "dying day" it plays, then the remixed version starts and it sounded compressed, reverbe and way worse than the original!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 8:42 pm

manny wrote:

Good Score Manny.You cant beat that price.I think you'll really dig the album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 10:28 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I can;t help you there - I'm not selling my copy!

I don't blame you, I wouldn't part with it either if I had one!! Haha. I do have a CD-R of the "original mix" version (with cover scans and everything) so at least I have the tunes, but I still dream of tripping over a copy of it on the cheap in an out of the way used-CD store someday. The hunt goes on!
Barren Cross - Page 7 69126

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I can;t help you there - I'm not selling my copy!

I don't blame you, I wouldn't part with it either if I had one!! Haha. I do have a CD-R of the "original mix" version (with cover scans and everything) so at least I have the tunes, but I still dream of tripping over a copy of it on the cheap in an out of the way used-CD store someday. The hunt goes on!
Barren Cross - Page 7 69126

At least you have a copy of the better mix!
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 1:13 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Y'know; I've always thought of Atomic Arena as being almost in the Queeensryche/Fates/ Crimson Glory camp. Am I nuts or just deaf?

Here was my earlier comment. It's not as "progressive" as those, but I stand behind my perception still.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:27 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
Y'know; I've always thought of Atomic Arena as being almost in the Queeensryche/Fates/ Crimson Glory camp. Am I nuts or just deaf?

Here was my earlier comment. It's not as "progressive" as those, but I stand behind my perception still.

And the singer (Mike Lee) is completely different than Tate/Alder/Midnight...he's not the high-smooth vocal...he's the mid-range gritty vocal with a wide range...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barren Cross
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next