Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barren Cross

Go down 
+32
rattpoison
MetalH
Rex
zelote
Thrasher73
manny
Lurideath
Cliffy
exact33
novellahub
powermacho
stevegarveyfan
Addy
James B.
MetalGuy71
nevermore
candlemass
DallasBlack
Follower of Jesus
SAHB Healer
bigjtink
Tall Tyrion
kethdredd
mr.electric39
stepcousin
Hamer12
T-Roy
Shiney
ultmetal
kmorg
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

Barren Cross - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 7:47 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
And the singer (Mike Lee) is completely different than Tate/Alder/Midnight...he's not the high-smooth vocal...he's the mid-range gritty vocal with a wide range...

...who sometimes can sound a bit like Lizzy Borden. Mike's one of my favorite metal singers of all time.

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:00 am

That Lizzy Borden reference is pretty accurate. I never thought of that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:04 am

Cliffy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
And the singer (Mike Lee) is completely different than Tate/Alder/Midnight...he's not the high-smooth vocal...he's the mid-range gritty vocal with a wide range...

...who sometimes can sound a bit like Lizzy Borden. Mike's one of my favorite metal singers of all time.

Yeah...he can sound a little like Lizzy at times...he's a great singer and in all honesty a profound influence on me vocally...in both inspiring me to sing and in my early style...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:42 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Yeah...he can sound a little like Lizzy at times...he's a great singer and in all honesty a profound influence on me vocally...in both inspiring me to sing and in my early style...

Hey, Shawn, y'know, I heard through the grapevine that Barren Cross is looking for a new singer, why don'cha call 'em up? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Hey, Shawn, y'know, I heard through the grapevine that Barren Cross is looking for a new singer, why don'cha call 'em up? Laughing

Cuz I'm about 3,000 miles from California... lol!

I did send in a tape to TOURNIQUET when Guy left...made it to the Top 3 too...Victor called me at home and told me of my elimination the day I brought my newborn son home from the hospital...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I'd buy that album. No No. I'd buy 2 copies of that album.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:50 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Cliffy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Let's see if we can steer this discussion back to BARREN CROSS, shall we?

Very Happy

Great band with an amazing catalog!

One of my absolute all-time favorites.

Agreed...I love Mike Lee's voice...always have...and you can't argue with the greatness of Atomic Arena and State Of Control...

You sound like him, so that's a biased opinion, Jim Morrison was better than both of you! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:50 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I did send in a tape to TOURNIQUETwhen Guy left...made it to the Top 3 too...Victor called me at home and told me of my elimination the day I brought my newborn son home from the hospital...

You could never be Tourniquet's vocalist because you don't suck. Apparently that's a prerequisite for the job.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:51 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Cuz I'm about 3,000 miles from California... lol!

I did send in a tape to TOURNIQUET when Guy left...made it to the Top 3 too...Victor called me at home and told me of my elimination the day I brought my newborn son home from the hospital...

Dang. Well, it was worth a shot.

Cool story about Tourniquet too (even though I was never much of a fan...)

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:56 am

candlemass wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Cliffy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Let's see if we can steer this discussion back to BARREN CROSS, shall we?

Very Happy

Great band with an amazing catalog!

One of my absolute all-time favorites.

Agreed...I love Mike Lee's voice...always have...and you can't argue with the greatness of Atomic Arena and State Of Control...

You sound like him, so that's a biased opinion, Jim Morrison was better than both of you! Twisted Evil

NOT!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:58 am

Jim Morrison is also my favorite vocalist, but Candlemass I am afaird the lizard king is on an extended leave of absence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:09 am

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I'd buy that album. No No. I'd buy 2 copies of that album.

I appreciate the kindness... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 9:56 am

manny wrote:
Jim Morrison is also my favorite vocalist, but Candlemass I am afaird the lizard king is on an extended leave of absence.

When he died his spirit was running around freaking out and leapt into my soul...........and he's still in there! Twisted Evil Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
zelote
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:43 am

$3.99 is a great deal for this one, for me Rattle your cage is his best work.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:17 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Wow! That sucks and is cool all at the same time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:38 pm

Rex wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I could have sworn I told you that story before...
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:45 pm

Well be glad Shawn, they went with the worst vocalist with the biggest ego they can possibly find and horrendous music to boot. Cool story though.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:47 pm

That is a cool story! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:48 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Well be glad Shawn, they went with the worst vocalist with the biggest ego they can possibly find and horrendous music to boot. Cool story though.

lol!

I liked Vanishing Lessons...
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 8:43 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Rex wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I could have sworn I told you that story before...
If you did, I don't remember it at all.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:19 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

lol!

i think you and I must be the only fans of that cd Smile

Alex

rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 11:44 pm

I remember seeing some of the guys from Barren Cross on that Morton Downey Jr. Show on Heavy Metal/Rock music.

I thought these clean cut guys with bad hair were a bit out of place amongst the New Yawk attitude's n' mouth's of Ace Frehely, Circus Of Power, Cycle Sluts From Hell, Joey Ramone, Scott Ian etc.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:54 am

Too bad it wasn't Gerry Springer. I'd pay money to see the Cycle Sluts from Hell in a fistfight with Barren Cross. I would.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 8:18 am

exact33 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

lol!

Alex

Nope. I like Vanishing Lessons quite a bit! 🤘

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 9:20 am

ultmetal wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Lurideath wrote:

lol!

Alex

Nope. I like Vanishing Lessons quite a bit! 🤘

I like it as well.I played it alot when it came out.I still give it a spin from time to time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barren Cross
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next