Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM

Go down 
+5
thejokeriv
krokus
Thrasher73
ultmetal
T-Roy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Best Barren Cross Album
Believe
BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Vote_lcap0%BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Rock For The King
BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Vote_lcap9%BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Atomic Arena
BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Vote_lcap73%BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Vote_rcap
 73% [ 16 ]
State of Control
BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Vote_lcap14%BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Rattle Your Cage
BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Vote_lcap4%BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Empty
PostSubject: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 3:38 pm

For Me it's:

1. Atomic Arena

2. Rock For The King

3. Believe

4. State of Control

Never heard Rattle Your Cage

HARD TO RATE THEM, CUZ I LOVE THEM ALL! ALMOST EQUAL!🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 3:40 pm

For me:

1. Atomic Arena
2. State of Control
3. RFTK
4. Rattle

Never heard "Believe"
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:34 pm

BELIEVE, was classic. Only had 6 songs on it. Their very first release.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:53 pm

Rock for the King defined BC for me. State of Control comes second, even though Hard Lies is total crap. I also hate the Elefante-sound. But: Thief in the Night, Face in the Dark, Stage of Intensity, Love at Full Volume, Inner War, Bigotry Man and 2000 Years are killer tunes!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 5:47 pm

Rattle Your Cage-

Probably at the bottom of most BC fans list,but not for me.There are some real mellow,inspiring moments on this disc.Was at a point years ago i seriously thought about ending it-i happened across this one in a price-cut rack,bought it,listened to it and i credit RYC with changing my outlook at the time...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 6:50 pm

Like 'em all. Voted for Atomic Arena.

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 8:25 pm

I've only heard Atomic Arena and while I like it a lot, I'm going to refrain from voting since I haven't heard anything else by them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 8:32 pm

I LOVE Barren Cross!

TRoy, my list is pretty much exactly like yours, except I've not heard "Believe"! I never knew they released that one officially.

1. Atomic Arena (this album is a MASTERPIECE for Christian metal!!!)

2. Rock for the King (My introduction to the band, very special album to me)

3. State of Control (though I love this one too, it does seem to be missing something from the first two. Perhaps it is the Elephante 'touch' on it)

Never heard Rattle Your Cage.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 1:26 am

Atomic Arena first,State of Control second
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 9:49 am

I did really like State of Control as well. When I got it, it dominated my player for a long time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 10:15 am

T-Roy wrote:
I did really like State of Control as well. When I got it, it dominated my player for a long time.

Oh - me too!

🤘

"Stage of Intensity" is one of the best songs they ever wrote!

But for me, when I look back in retrospect, that album just doesn't hold the weight of the first two.

I still love it though!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 10:25 am

Exactually! 🤘
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 1:31 pm

ROCK FOR THE KING because it was the first BC lp i bought and it was special to me. It was cool to see them dressed in blue/white because one of my fave white metal band STRYPER were in yellow/black. I thought that was cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 5:31 pm

Yeah, I always thought their blue and silver/white clad was cool too. I was actually a bit disappointed when I looked inside the cover of "Atomic Arena" and they weren't dressed that way anymore.

lol!

But I quickly digressed when I heard the music on AA. My azz was kicked so fast by that album that I forgave them their apparrel mistake.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 10:13 am

1) AA
2) SoC
3)RFTK
4)Believe
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 10:21 am

Atomic Arena. Could just as well have been Rock for the King

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 10:45 am

State of Control, for Stage of Intensity if for no other reason. I was so excited when I peeked over the monitors and saw that that was the opening song. 🤘

After that, they rank about evenly for me, not a bad album in that mix (although I've never heard Believe, it's very high on my wish list).

BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM 100_0338
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 2:05 pm

All the songs from the Believe EP were also on the original release of Rock For The King, so if you have that, you're not missing out.

Cool Bloodgood pic, BTW.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 5:13 pm

ATOMIC ARENA for me... not just my fave BC album, but one of my all time favorite metal albums, PERIOD! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 9:06 pm

kmorg wrote:
All the songs from the Believe EP were also on the original release of Rock For The King, so if you have that, you're not missing out.

Cool, thanks! I always figured they were rerecorded for RFTK, so I wanted to hear the earlier versions. If I ever find it, I'll probably still but it, but at least I know I'm not missing out.

Quote :
Cool Bloodgood pic, BTW.

Thanks, I snapped quite a few during their set. Of course, I just realised like a moron that I put in the wrong band. lol!

BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM 100_0308

BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM 100_0307

Last edited by on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2007 9:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ATOMIC ARENA for me... not just my fave BC album, but one of my all time favorite metal albums, PERIOD! 🤘

Same here brotha!!!

BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM F88f41ee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 6:23 pm

That's Ray Parris and MIke Lee? Haven't seen what they looked liked nowadays.

I as well have never heard Believe. AA is my fave.

BB, you would like Rattle Your Cage.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 6:56 pm

Cool! I'll check it out Soldier - thanks!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 8:36 pm

I love all of their albums. hard to pick a fave, cuz they were all great for their time.
For me it's a tie between Atomic Arena(heaviest, most metal) and State Of Control (Best songs, cool vibe).
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2007 10:52 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:
That's Ray Parris and MIke Lee? Haven't seen what they looked liked nowadays.

Yep. Ray Parris looks like a stockbroker these days, and Mike Lee looks a little.... uhhhh... French.lol!

He was quite an odd little character at Cornerstone, hovering over his table and duct taping the merch endlessly. Good salesman, though, I ended up buying his "Michael Drive" CD/DVD set.

Pretty good stuff too, for what it is. I've listened to the cd a few times so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM   BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BEST BARREN CROSS ALBUM
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next