Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Barren Cross

Go down 
+32
rattpoison
MetalH
Rex
zelote
Thrasher73
manny
Lurideath
Cliffy
exact33
novellahub
powermacho
stevegarveyfan
Addy
James B.
MetalGuy71
nevermore
candlemass
DallasBlack
Follower of Jesus
SAHB Healer
bigjtink
Tall Tyrion
kethdredd
mr.electric39
stepcousin
Hamer12
T-Roy
Shiney
ultmetal
kmorg
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Barren Cross - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 2:23 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Hey Ult, did you ever see what they were supposedly selling at Cornerstone as an exclusive release?

A silly compilation album on CDR with paper stickers on the CD and
lazer color inserts for the cover. They sold it for $18. It was a royal
rip-off IMO. Nothing new on it, just a collection of songs from their
albums. Several people asked me to purchase the CD for them. I called
most of them and told them what it was and asked if they still wanted
it, only one said yes. So, I purchased it and had it signed, so at
least it would be worth owning for the autographs.

ult

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:21 pm

I've only had Rattle Your Cage (CD) and Hotter Than Hell (tape) but I REALLY want the old albums and will get them as soon as my budget allows.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 4:33 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I just won an original CD copy of "Rock for the King" on Star Song the other day for Kmorg! Original cover, original mix.

NICE!!!! humble I WANT THAT!!!!!

greedy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 4:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Hey Ult, did you ever see what they were supposedly selling at Cornerstone as an exclusive release?

ult
Wow. That's complete crap. And for $18?! Man, that's pretty ballsy.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:21 pm

blackieboy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
I just won an original CD copy of "Rock for the King" on Star Song the other day for Kmorg! Original cover, original mix.

NICE!!!! humble I WANT THAT!!!!!

greedy
nice, not liking you OR Kmorg very much right now. lol!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:28 pm

Great Iron Maiden tribute band!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 9:30 pm

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Hey Ult, did you
ever see what they were supposedly selling at Cornerstone as an
exclusive release?

ult

I thought so. They were also pre-selling t-shirts, which I thought was odd as well.

Still, they are WAY cool guys and we always get along great.

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 2:18 am

Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

ult

i agree with you about for the fact that this is a poor release(not the sound or anything else, just the "package"). but i bought it, like i did with the emerald one-same case as b.cross, because it was a way to show respect and appreciation to some bands that i grew up with and support them directly, perhaps they'll be able to release some unreleased stuff in the future( i know for sure that this is the case with emerald, if they agree with the label i brought them in contact). i strongly believe that you must FIRST support directly the bands and then all the others....larry's wife, also, was so kind that he sent me 3 olde signed posters of their earlier days which now i framed with proud and put on the wall...2 of them were A2 size(and thus cost me a fortune to frame them but i don't complain,hehehe)...however the cd from emerald was only $10, has their tracks from the 2 compilations and it is better to get this one instead of the numerous boots are circulating around....i bought it even if i have 2 copies of the ep, the original cd and demo, the split with oracle(M8) and the bootlegged split(this i didn't buy it of course, i've got it directly from the smurfer who's making them)...
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 8:42 am

candlemass wrote:
Great Iron Maiden tribute band!
!@#$ !@#@$ !@#$ @!#$! angry angry angry :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: :kickbutt: angry
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 11:10 am

syrus wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

ult
i agree with you about for the fact that this is a poor release(not the sound or anything else, just the "package"). but i bought it, like i did with the emerald one-same case as b.cross, because it was a way to show respect and appreciation to some bands that i grew up with and support them directly, perhaps they'll be able to release some unreleased stuff in the future( i know for sure that this is the case with emerald, if they agree with the label i brought them in contact). i strongly believe that you must FIRST support directly the bands and then all the others....larry's wife, also, was so kind that he sent me 3 olde signed posters of their earlier days which now i framed with proud and put on the wall...2 of them were A2 size(and thus cost me a fortune to frame them but i don't complain,hehehe)...however the cd from emerald was only $10, has their tracks from the 2 compilations and it is better to get this one instead of the numerous boots are circulating around....i bought it even if i have 2 copies of the ep, the original cd and demo, the split with oracle(M8) and the bootlegged split(this i didn't buy it of course, i've got it directly from the smurfer who's making them)...
Hey, I can understand wanting to support a band this way. I do this with Rich Ward. Years ago he had a band called Sick Speed; they released a bunch of demos and finally a full-length. Well, the demos were all CDRs; they had stickers for labels and stuff, about as good as you could get with CDRs back then. But when I paid $17 for the full-length and it came the same way, I was a bit annoyed. I got over it, though, because it was a new album. And when he finally managed to score a small record deal to really release the album, the newer release had two less songs. So now I have a collectible.

Rich is doing something similar now; he's releasing Stuck Mojo, Fozzy, The Duke, and Sick Speed rarity discs through his site. They're just professional-looking at-home CDRs, at a cost of about $10–$12, all autographed. But he's releasing some really cool stuff; demos, instrumental tracks, unreleased tracks, etc. To me, that's what makes the difference.

I think fans should support the bands they love, but I also think the bands should support their fans. Releasing a CDR of already-released material is—to me—not supporting your fans. It's a cash grab. Does Barren Cross not have a single unreleased song somewhere? I find that hard to believe. I'm betting they sold a few of those CDRs, but how many would they have sold had they included at least one rare never-before-heard track? I bet Ult would have bought one then.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 12:28 pm

Eyesore wrote:
...but how many would they have sold had they included
at least one rare never-before-heard track? I bet Ult would have bought
one then.

Yup. I would have. I don't mind supporting artists. I do it all the
time and buy all sorts of independent CDs, as you can see on my site.
However, a CDR compilation of songs that I already own is not something
I want to spend $20 on.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2007 4:18 pm

State Of Control is my favorite Barren Cross album. I had tried on ebay for awhile to land one on cd (before it was re-issued). Then I got lucky and found a copy in a pawn shop for $4.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:14 pm

I recently found Rock for the King in a box of cd's for $1. The only downside is that the booklet/cover is missing. I have the back insert though with the track listing. Can anyone make me a nice clear scan of the cover that I can print out (bigger than this one pictured) or perhaps direct me to a website that I can find this cover? I would be much obliged. It's the 1990 Medusa Records version.

Barren Cross - Page 3 RockForTheKing-Medusa
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:24 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I recently found Rock for the King in a box of cd's for $1. The only downside is that the booklet/cover is missing. I have the back insert though with the track listing. Can anyone make me a nice clear scan of the cover that I can print out (bigger than this one pictured) or perhaps direct me to a website that I can find this cover? I would be much obliged. It's the 1990 Medusa Records version.

Unfortunately I can't help you with this one as I only have the cassette of this version (and a CD-R of the "original mix" version) ... but how are you likin' all them BC discs you scored, MG?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 12:35 pm

Pretty decent, although in all fairness, I need to give them some more spins. I've got a bit of a log-jam of new music lately and haven't given some discs more than a spin or 2. I'll keep those BC discs in my case though, guaranteeing more airtime.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2008 2:57 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
...but how many would they have sold had they included
at least one rare never-before-heard track? I bet Ult would have bought
one then.

Yup. I would have. I don't mind supporting artists. I do it all the
time and buy all sorts of independent CDs, as you can see on my site.
However, a CDR compilation of songs that I already own is not something
I want to spend $20 on.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Years ago I was bidding via private auction on Steve's REMO kit first used for the Atomic Arena tour and almost won. I actually drove down to Bakersfield to put some eyeballs on it. He gave me a "Believe" E.P and a copy of the book his mother wrote called
"The Calling Of A Rock Star", which is really really good. I auditioned for BC when Steve and Mike left and once again Tod came out on top. That had happened before in Emerald. Oh well !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:37 pm

DB, did you ever get a chance to hear that Paid In Blood comp I sent to you? If so, what are your thoughts?

Hopefully I didn't already ask this somewhere.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:17 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

You still need this? I can hook you up
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:54 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yes, I'm still looking for a high-res pic that I can print-out. It would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yes, I'm still looking for a high-res pic that I can print-out. It would be much appreciated.

I will scan it and email it to you later tonight or tomorrow - OM me your email address.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:44 pm

I don't think that thier indie CDR comp is all that bad of an idea, honestly. If people who have none of thier CD's see the band live and love them (like newbies catching them at a fest or something), I think it's cool to have something for them to pick up that would be a good cross-section of the band. It would suck for someone new to see them live, get into it, and not be able to pick up some music at the merch table. Don't look at it as an attempt to rip off established fans, look at it as a way to satisfy newcomers.

$18 though?? Don't think so...shouldn't be more than $10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:46 pm

That's a good point Shawn though you're right, $18 is a little high.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:47 pm

Quote :

But Mike Lee Michael Drive may be hungry.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:51 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Quote :

But Mike Lee Michael Drive may be hungry.

I hear he wastes tons of energy arranging then rearranging his merch booth at shows... Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:54 pm

Funny guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barren Cross   Barren Cross - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Barren Cross
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next