Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How huge is your music collection?

Go down 
+67
choosemetal
ohwellmonkey
Lari
Boris2008
SpectreFate
ZombieHavoc
Orion Crystal Ice
shed-rock
Infinite
Doomdance
criss3o
Wurthless
Alex Dee Rokket
Witchfinder
Nico
ShadowAngel
sovdat
Gryphon-kl
asgard1980
ZetaReticuli
Motorsud
arttieTHE1manparty
Gilbert
Lurideath
krokus
speed101
GrandNational
Sutekh
A Handful of Wayne
stevegarveyfan
martinsane
SlaytanicPOWER
holydiver97595
Tur-Thalion
powermacho
James B.
mr.electric39
MetalAndy
Kittie Hawk
325ad
nevermore
Getizzyback
DallasBlack
ultmetal
jstate
Dave the Boss
stepcousin
Hamer12
Shawn Of Fire
snooloui
chewie
Metal Misfit
EvyMetal
Eyesore
shamgar75
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
rigermortis
MetalGuy71
Addy
Wargod
exact33
thejokeriv
kmorg
tohostudios
manny
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:16 am

This many...
How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 148438_109739055758179_100001662552257_70000_5317119_n

Actually, that's only one small corner of it. I have 4 other shelves that look just like the on to my left, as well as the piles not on the shelves. Sheeeesh! Friggin' collecting obsession!

Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 10:07 am

ultmetal wrote:
This many...
How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 148438_109739055758179_100001662552257_70000_5317119_n

Actually, that's only one small corner of it. I have 4 other shelves that look just like the on to my left, as well as the piles not on the shelves. Sheeeesh! Friggin' collecting obsession!

I bow down. How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 604261
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:15 pm

Here is one wall of three, floor to ceiling baby, in an average 12'x10' room of my collection...

I'm brandishing the ten Seconds Over tokyo cd for another site.

How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 TSOTpix003

And another wall when another collector pal of mine was in from Arizona.

How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Shit032
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 3:41 pm

martinsane wrote:
Here is one wall of three, floor to ceiling baby, in an average 12'x10' room of my collection...

Dude that is awesome as well. headbanger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 8:23 pm

martinsane wrote:

Is that James with you, Terry?

I was just in Seattle last week for the Di'Anno show. I should've got ahold of ya! Nice to see ya poppin' your head in here, btw!
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:22 pm

It is master James...

Yea, I read that thread about the Seattle DiAnno show, I should have went and damn straight you should have looked me up. I could of given you the $5.00 tour of all the hole in the walls for finding great cd's.

Maybe next time?

325ad,Thanks for the props. Its taken a few years to gather those jewels. But as they say "gotto catch 'em all!"
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:58 pm

Just over 1,000 CDs
Right at 300 cassettes (pretty much all demo/custom tapes)
Probably 30 or so vinyl
80+ shirts

And quite a few setlists, 8x10s, etc
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 11:17 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:
Just over 1,000 CDs
Right at 300 cassettes (pretty much all demo/custom tapes)
Probably 30 or so vinyl
80+ shirts

And quite a few setlists, 8x10s, etc

Yeah but dude, what you lack in number you make up for in quality. How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 438278
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Awesome pics, martinsane!

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 12:13 pm

Awesome collection and pics martinsane, how long did it take you to get that many CDs?
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 3:10 pm

manny wrote:
Awesome collection and pics martinsane, how long did it take you to get that many CDs?

The first CD I bought was Salty Dog-Every Dog Has It's Day, brand new off the shelf and have been going hell bent for election ever since.

The heydays have been about 10-15 years ago when everyone hated good music and was all about the "Seattle" sound and actually now is some supreme hunting and barbains. Economy is in the tan so cd's are on the cheap and I think it has to do a bit with the mp3/download craze, many are slimming down...

ANd beleive me when I say that if I was a single guy I'd have triple that amount of cd's... Who needs sustenance when there is music!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 7:11 pm

Well I don't know whether to be upset or happy but I just counted all my cds and box sets. I only got a total of 2,714. lol!

Good thing theres plenty of room left on my new shelf.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 4:48 am

Looking at this thread, "clearly not enough" is my answer! Just over athousand CDs, I believe. Never counted my vinyls, but probably 120 or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:08 am

Sutekh wrote:
Looking at this thread, "clearly not enough" is my answer! Just over athousand CDs, I believe. Never counted my vinyls, but probably 120 or so.

it's plenty, there are CDs in my collection that if they are lucky they had more than one spin and they could be 15 years old
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:31 am

Martinsane, your collection is insane! Ult, you're collection needs no comment.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:51 am

Wow those are some huge cd collections.Id guess i have around 1,000 but a ton are cdrs.Few dozen shirts.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:28 am

ultmetal wrote:
This many...

lol! That's about the complete size of my collection (maybe a little more) but you've also got more than a decade on me agewise so maybe mine will be that big when I'm you're age...if I win a large amount of money, get high in debt, get a real good paying job, or mary a rich broad Very Happy .

I will have a more accurate count on my collection after I finish updating my rateyourmusic account (I've got over a years worth of CDs to catch up on.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:02 am

How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Photo010

Tiny.... Sad

(that is NOT what she said, lol)

After viewing this picture, I'm gonna expand 20cds a month lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:08 am

You're off to a good start, young man. How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 778825

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:12 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
You're off to a good start, young man. How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 778825

and its quality, not quantity!

SlaytanicPOWER
Metal master
Metal master
SlaytanicPOWER

Number of posts : 679

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 11:40 am

exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Thank both of yall!
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:45 pm

SlaytanicPOWER wrote:
exact33 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Thank both of yall!

Make sure there's enough room and money before you decide to buy 20 or so a month. My shelves are all filled up, and I have to sift through tons of cd's to find my keyboard.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:24 pm

2900 cds
3200 lps/7"singles
300 tapes/demos
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 10:40 pm

After finishing my rateyourmusic.com account these are the numbers:

CDs: 1678 (about 200 are no longer in my collection and exist only in my computer library-would count as digital, one day I need to go through and find out which ones I sold off)

CD-R: 7 (copies of CDs I got from friends and family)

DVD: 2 rated (1 from a CD/DVD combo) I haven't done my DVDs up to this point

Digital: 3 (Downloaded albums that I will eventually get as CDs-I know, "Bad CD collector!")
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 5:00 pm

I have about 10,000 cassettes
5,000 CD's
and 20 Vinyls

about 1,000 band/festival shirts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How huge is your music collection?
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next