Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How huge is your music collection?

Go down 
+67
choosemetal
ohwellmonkey
Lari
Boris2008
SpectreFate
ZombieHavoc
Orion Crystal Ice
shed-rock
Infinite
Doomdance
criss3o
Wurthless
Alex Dee Rokket
Witchfinder
Nico
ShadowAngel
sovdat
Gryphon-kl
asgard1980
ZetaReticuli
Motorsud
arttieTHE1manparty
Gilbert
Lurideath
krokus
speed101
GrandNational
Sutekh
A Handful of Wayne
stevegarveyfan
martinsane
SlaytanicPOWER
holydiver97595
Tur-Thalion
powermacho
James B.
mr.electric39
MetalAndy
Kittie Hawk
325ad
nevermore
Getizzyback
DallasBlack
ultmetal
jstate
Dave the Boss
stepcousin
Hamer12
Shawn Of Fire
snooloui
chewie
Metal Misfit
EvyMetal
Eyesore
shamgar75
Leatherface
Fat Freddy
rigermortis
MetalGuy71
Addy
Wargod
exact33
thejokeriv
kmorg
tohostudios
manny
71 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

How huge is your music collection? Empty
PostSubject: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:09 pm

Thanks to the wonderful folks at Rate your Music I now how much music I own:
Cassette -81

CD-2534

DVD (music related only)-216 ( I also have 5 or 6 more of these since I have not listed all my bootleg DVDs)

Vinyl-314 (its really 322 I have 8 Maiden albums on vinyl but did not list because them because I have all 8 of them on CD, and did not want to relist them twice)

I know we have done this before but I was just curious.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:51 pm

CD - 3386
DVD (music) - about 50 (total more like 800; heck the MASH & Twilight Zone sets account for 64 discs on their own)
Vinyl - around 750

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:23 pm

I'll let you know when I'm done with my spreadsheet. I'm guessing around toho's amount.

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:07 pm

Huge. Takes two hands to get around it. Uh, what was the question?
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:15 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Huge. Takes two hands to get around it. Uh, what was the question?

LOL!!! I was going to respond something similar, but I knew someone would post something about the size of their

How huge is your music collection? 220px-15
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:53 pm

I got roughly 1700 cds. I dont know where any of my cassettes are any more....

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:54 pm

CDS 5000

Cassettes 1000

DVDS 400

Vinyl 50

MP3's 80,000

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:21 pm

I think my CD collection is about 950 strong

DVDs got about 350
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 8:42 pm

I'll have to check the spread sheet for the official count, but I know I'm a hair over 1600 cd's.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Man i used to own a record store we used to buy sell and trade over the years i brought home more and more albums everyday, once i even bought John Gallaghers (Raven) collection of albums when he lived in my hometown have to say i must own over 3000 albums not counting cds and dvds ,Gallaghers collection of over 200 albums were all british imports (a nice score) \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:23 pm

Damn, I just had to empty out my CD cabinet so I could move it (cuz we were painting the room it was in) and I had half a mind to count 'em up as long as I had them all out in boxes and stacks on the floor, but I was too damn lazy Laughing very hard

So the answer is: the world may never know.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Damn, I just had to empty out my CD cabinet so I could move it (cuz we were painting the room it was in) and I had half a mind to count 'em up as long as I had them all out in boxes and stacks on the floor, but I was too damn lazy Laughing very hard

So the answer is: the world may never know.

I moved my collection 3 times this year due to moving and it almost turned me into a digital fan.

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:25 pm

No idea.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 11:50 pm

CD's - around 1100

MP3 albums - around 2000

DVD's and blu-ray: around 275
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:28 am

My spreadsheet shows 7,414. That's CDs, cassette, and vinyl, plus a handful—like 20 or so—of band DVDs. Not sure how it breaks down per format, but I know the bulk is CD, probably over 7,000.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:26 am

If I was to guesstimate, I would assume around 600-700 cds, 100 or so vinyls, and less than 10 cassettes. I would say that's pretty decent for my age. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:24 am

According to my spreadsheet, I have 912 cds. I only have a handful of cassettes now (sold most of them off) and only have the KISS collection on vinyl now.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:16 am

According to my RYM page, 899 (839 are CDs). I know that's not accurate though because there are some cassettes and CDs and mp3s I haven't worried about cataloging (mostly bootlegs and old time radio shows).
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 10:19 am

Mp3s I am not even sure how many songs I got but i know its in the 5 digits
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 11:06 am

Here's what it says on RYM, but I haven't updated that in quite a few months:

Cassette - 151
CD - 1,216
CD-R - 89
DVD - 13
DVD-A - 2
Vinyl - 586
Minidisc - 1
Digital - 924
VHS - 6

I am building a 10'L x 6.8'H cd rack in my now reclaimed drum room(which is the whole wall length-wise and most of the wall height-wise, it's a 10'L x 8'H area). The first foot and a half is for Lps and on the top of it will be box sets(which I have 6-7 of).
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:26 pm

According to RYM, I have just 208 CDs. I'm poor.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:25 pm

Not nearly big enough...

Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:41 pm

You beat me to it Shawn!!!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Cd's: I lost count half a basement ago.

Lp's: I havent counted them all yet but in the 3 months that Ive been collecting vinyl I have about 175, give or take a couple. 3 months ago I bought a turntable and have been buying vinyl like a madman, I've even recently re-aquired some of the records that I owned about 25+ years ago (thanks Mike!). So that's kinda cool.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 5:06 am

Last time I counted I had about 900 CDs, 300 vinyls and maybe 30 cassettes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How huge is your music collection?   How huge is your music collection? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How huge is your music collection?
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next