Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh, The Horror!!!!

Go down 
+26
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
ThrashedOutCobra33
rattpoison
tohostudios
DeathCult
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
T-Roy
the sentinel
SideShowDisaSter
zombiewalkin
kmorg
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
TheGooch
mc666
Required Fields
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Shiney
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2007 12:19 pm

thrashmetalhead wrote:
I saw The Exorcist for the first time awhile back. It was very good but I didn't find it scary.

I agree, I always found The Exorcist to be overrated. Out of the many "Satan" movies that followed in its wake in the mid to late 70s I always preferred "The Omen" myself.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 1:25 pm

I always liked the cheesefest called 'DEVIL'S RAIN"...supposedly advised upon by Anton Levay* ...

This 1975 schlockfest features Ernest Borgnine...William Shatner and John Travolta (for like 5 minutes)...Anton plays a high priest in the Coven...Anyway..It's a crap film but you see Borgnine in black tights and people melt so what more could you ask for..

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2007 6:56 pm

Humanoids from the Deep
Pirahna 1 and 2
The Boogens
The Fog (the original)
The Blob
8 Legged Freaks

Just some favorites Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 927150
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 3:56 am

Pranha 1 I can agree with, but the sequel was pretty sub-par, I think. Wasn't that James Cameron's first feature film?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 5:14 am

Shiney wrote:
I always liked the cheesefest called 'DEVIL'S RAIN"...supposedly advised upon by Anton Levay* ...

This 1975 schlockfest features Ernest Borgnine...William Shatner and John Travolta (for like 5 minutes)...Anton plays a high priest in the Coven...Anyway..It's a crap film but you see Borgnine in black tights and people melt so what more could you ask for..

Fantastic Flick! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 8:36 am

kmorg wrote:
Pranha 1 I can agree with, but the sequel was pretty sub-par, I think. Wasn't that James Cameron's first feature film?

Yep, it was Cameron's directorial debut but according to IMDB it seems he had very little to do with the final edit of the movie. He was making the film for an Italian production company and the producers didn't like the way the movie was turning out so they eventually locked him out of the editing room and one of the producers totally re-edited the movie, so what you see on screen in "Piranha II" is not what Cameron wanted. I believe he sued (unsuccessfully) to have his name taken off the film.

I haven't seen "Piranha II" in years but I remember getting a HUGE kick out of it when I was in high school! Those flying piranhas freaked me out!! And I love the scene at the end when all the tourists are on the beach chanting "We want fish! We want fish!" ... .until the school of flying piranhas descend on them!!!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 11:09 am

The Birds

Psycho

Dead Zone

Night of the Living Dead (original)

Invasion of The Body Snatchers

Sick thing is, my step-Dad (a great Dad) starting letting me watch this
stuff with him when i was like 8. Maybe thats why I'm so messed up!affraid
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2007 5:38 pm

My parents started watching fright flicks with me when Iwas like 5 and I have maintained a steady diet of them ever since....

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 12:59 am

Shiney wrote:
My parents started watching fright flicks with me when Iwas like 5 and I have maintained a steady diet of them ever since....

Sounds like your parents were pretty awesome people. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 4:14 pm

LOVE horror films, but I'm more into the psychological horror than
gore-fests. Hitchcock is king, love most everything he did, and I feel
the same way about M Night Shamalamadingdong.

Some other faves that have not yet been mentioned:

Jacob's Ladder

Wait Until Dark

Night of the Hunter
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 12:44 pm

NIGHT OF THE HUNTER is fantastic....in fact I almost madethe mad preacher my avatar....

WAIT UNTIL DARK is classic as well....harry Roat was my Av awhile back...

JACOB'S LADDDER is awesome....underrated...

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 12:55 am

Stephen King stuff all the way. Especially Maximum Overdrive & Pet Sematary...
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 1:55 am

metallikitty wrote:
Maximum Overdrive

One if not, the best soundtrack ever. Who Made Who 🤘
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 2:25 am

AMC this evening is getting me in the Halloween mood. Every Friday night they play horror movies, tonight they played Halloween, Halloween IV and are now showing Halloween V. I'm excited to check out Zombie's take on Halloween. I hope it is good. It does have a fantastic soundtrack also: http://www.amazon.com/Halloween-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B000SUKPTI/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/104-6731209-6282352?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1188022714&sr=1-1
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Does St. Anger count? Oooohh, that was low. Sorry, Lars. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 10:00 pm

Quote :
but you see Borgnine in black tights and people melt

Wow!! A must see!!!

I loved
Quote :
Humanoids From The Deep
when I was a kid...

My Dad let me watch Horror from an early age....I remember seeing Alien on HBO in 79 or 80 and being both floored and scared out of my mind.

My parents would let me sleep on their bedroom floor if a movie really scared the "bejesus" out of me....

Strangely enough...one movie that's VERY tame sent me to their floor....it was about all these Tarantulas taking over New Mexico or some place like that.....Shatner was in it - again rearing his glorious head in a pure cheese soup!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2007 11:19 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:

one movie that's VERY tame sent me to their floor....it was about all these Tarantulas taking over New Mexico or some place like that.....Shatner was in it - again rearing his glorious head in a pure cheese soup!!!

That would be "Kingdom of the Spiders" I believe...

The wife and I watched "Vacancy" with Luke Wilson and Kate Beckinsale tonight. The DVD cover calls it "Psycho" Meets "Saw," I would'nt go quite that far but it was a decent flick. I was expecting it to be nastier/gorier and the ending was kinda flat, but there were a few cool scary bits. The guy who played the motel manager reminded me of an evil Ned Flanders. Smile
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 9:39 pm

I like most late 70's and 80's horror films. I just saw this one movie at my friend's the other day, it's called I Piss On Your Grave and it's very similar to The Last House On The Left. It's pretty sick and demented.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2007 10:11 pm

troublezone wrote:
I Piss On Your Grave

Cult classic, but I think it's called I Spit On Your Grave? If it's the same one that I'm thinking of surprised
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 10:10 am

Anyone going to see Rob Zombie's "Halloween" when it opens this weekend? I'd love to but will probably have to wait for DVD...
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 2:12 pm

ALICE SWEET ALICE was on the other night.....another cult classic.

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2007 5:52 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Anyone going to see Rob Zombie's "Halloween" when it opens this weekend? I'd love to but will probably have to wait for DVD...

I'm going to try for a midnite showing on Thursday night. I was skeptical about this movie considering all the bad remakes as of late. But the trailer sold me. *fingers crossed*
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 1:31 pm

First review I’ve seen of Zombie’s "Halloween," from the Long Island Press… only 1.5 stars outta 4, ouch!

Halloween 1.5/4
(Dimension Films, Rated: R)
Messing with Halloween horror icon Michael Myers has proven to be nearly as self-destructive a filmmaking venture over the years as crossing paths on-screen with the ultra-terrifying killing machine himself. OK, not exactly. But many ambitious moviemakers (there have been eight Halloweens since the unbeatable 1978 classic) have recklessly tread on John Carpenter's hallowed ground and found themselves sorely lacking. Now rocker-turned-gore guru Rob Zombie, who sharpened his teeth and honed his creepy craft on slasher fare like The Devil's Rejects and House of 1000 Corpses, takes up the challenge of dissecting those ferocious inner demons of Michael Myers with the genre's latest incarnation of Halloween. Does Zombie triumph over the competition? Yes and no.
More specifically, Zombie seeks to shed light on the unraveling darker recesses of Michael's disturbed childhood, to explore layers of disintegrating character spreading like toxic vapors over the unfortunate youth's preteen years and seeping into his surrounding 'burbs community of Haddonfield, Ill. These early scenes are laced with stinging emotional pain and pungent '70s atmosphere that establish Zombie's gift for tuning into period-specific adolescent vulnerability, trauma and simmering rage.
We first encounter Myers as a shy, sensitive 10-year-old with golden-haired choir-boy looks and soulful blue eyes that seem to yearn wordlessly for affection that is never forthcoming. The filmmaker thrusts the audience abruptly into the caustic dysfunctional home life, as Michael himself would experience its daily assaults. Zombie's real wife, Sheri Moon, is the kid's stripper mom Deborah, who can't seem to get a handle on domestic duties. When her new, radically abusive live-in boyfriend is not engaging in nasty screaming matches with Deborah, he's tormenting the boy with endless ridicule, taking particular glee in calling his masculinity into question.
Increasingly brooding and withdrawn at home, Michael develops an abnormal attachment to a clown mask as Halloween season kicks in. And when he first strikes out at school, gruesomely torturing a class bully before dispatching him to the afterlife, Zombie jolts the audience with this sudden inner transformation of a gentle, impressionable and enormously sympathetic boy into an out-of-control brutal force.
It is at this point that the meaningless mechanics of the horror genre take over, and the scrutiny of character and emotion are abandoned. Michael returns home to indiscriminately and inexplicably massacre in quick succession anyone in his midst. After being committed to Smith's Grove Sanitarium maximum-security mental facility, Michael grows into a huge, terrifying speechless hulk of a man who has no discernible connection to the young boy, other than an obsessive attachment to masks. After a killing spree at the hospital, Michael escapes to wreak deadly havoc on his home town.
Like Michael Myers himself, Halloween is afflicted with a seriously split personality. The film's better half, the early dramatic dissection of the child's wounded past, devolves into conventional gore that neither shocks nor surprises. If Myers has lost his way (to say the least), Zombie as a storyteller doesn't seem to have necessarily fared much better. -Prairie Miller
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 3:44 pm

I don't care about the reviews. I will always go and see a Halloween, Friday The 13th, or A Nightmare Elm Street film in the theater just because I love the series'. Plus critics don't know anything about what fans like, we all know that. I'm going tomorrow and if anyone else is we should critique it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2007 4:10 pm

Agreed Spirit...in fact a 'critic' bashing means an almost automatic watch for me as I usually think the opposite of what they do. They want to impress us with sophistication while I just want to be mindlessly entertained!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh, The Horror!!!!
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next