Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh, The Horror!!!!

Go down 
+26
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
ThrashedOutCobra33
rattpoison
tohostudios
DeathCult
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
T-Roy
the sentinel
SideShowDisaSter
zombiewalkin
kmorg
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
TheGooch
mc666
Required Fields
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Shiney
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 4:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, that's starting to become a sad reality. Funny thing is, tonight, my parents are gonna babysit while the wife & I celebrate our anniversary and I jokingly said "What should we do with our free time tonight? Take a nap?" My wife didn't seem to think that was such a bad idea.

Yup, that sounds eerily familiar as well.

I just got off the phone with the wife. The kids are gone and she's gonna take a quick nap before I get home. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 4:37 pm

My youngest is now 10. very happy And I can still move around, sort of.
Back to top Go down
QuothTheRaven
Metal master
Metal master
QuothTheRaven

Number of posts : 874

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 10:25 pm

I'm a late-comer to this thread, but I love cheesy (and good) horror. Hitchcock thrillers are my favorites, Psycho, Rear Window, Vertigo, North by Northwest, The Birds - Love 'em.

I can't believe no one mentioned "Rosemary's Baby." That is one of the creepiest psychological thrillers I've seen. There is a very cheesy 70s Satanic ritual scene that is pretty bad by today's standards, but the rest of the movie really plays with your head. It's great!

I saw Sleepaway Camp mentioned earlier. I saw that at a drive-in as a kid and thought it was okay. The final scene freaked me out! The original Halloween scared the crap out of me as a kid. That one still stands as one of the best in my mind.

The last couple of comments about being parents is true. Wait until you get to take a five year old to see something like Pokemon 2000 or The Country Bears. sick That is when you earn your stripes as a parent!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:36 pm

I love the movie-going experience with the kiddos. I have vivid memories of the first movies I went to. My Dad vividly remembers seeing The Thing with James Arness when he was a kid. I went to see horror movies with my Dad, Grandma and Great Aunt all the time. Great memories.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 8:25 am

I was never a big fan of ROSEMARY'S BABY...it's okay...

I'd rather watch THE SENTINEL....that one creeped me out as a kid...

So did BURNT OFFERINGS...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:13 pm

Let's bump this thread since the Halloween season is fast approaching, and our TV screens will soon be filled with horror-related goodies... anyone seen any good ones lately??

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:17 pm

No but I've watched a bunch of turds.

Just started Phantasm IV. Man, if you didn't see the others, you'd be totally lost.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:18 pm

BTW, who needs a holiday to watch horror movies? I watch them 90% of the time.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW, who needs a holiday to watch horror movies? I watch them 90% of the time.

True, true... but they're so much more timely during the Halloween season.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:23 pm

I remember watching Invasion of the Body Snatchers as a kid. Now it's cheesy but then it scared the crap out of me.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 2:32 pm

I did see a great horror movie (actually more like a gory psychological thriller) about a month ago. It's called "Inside". French flick about a pregnant woman being terrorized in her house by a female stranger. Great tension in that one.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 11:10 pm

I am loving the Chiller channel lately. Caught Tremors 2 the other night and CHUD yesterday afternoon. Sweeeet!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:42 am

Something I never noticed before and just recently was told about is TCM II's movie poster inspiration:

Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Funnypiclq2
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:46 am

lol!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:59 pm

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's awesome!! I never would have made that connection either!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:23 pm

Nazgul wrote:
I remember watching Invasion of the Body Snatchers as a kid. Now it's cheesy but then it scared the crap out of me.

Which version? It feels like there has been 500 of them.

I still only like the original, that one is creepy as hell. YOU'RE NEXT!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Villageofthedamned

Village of the Damned (1960)

One of my all-time favorite sci-fi/horror crossovers. The setup is brilliant, the whole town falls down in their tracks, so does anyone else that gets within a certain radius...and that's just the first 10 minutes. I saw this on TV as a small kid and it scared the living CRAP out of me, those glowing eyes creeped me out for weeks afterward.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:53 pm

detuned wrote:
Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Villageofthedamned

Village of the Damned (1960)

One of my all-time favorite sci-fi/horror crossovers. The setup is brilliant, the whole town falls down in their tracks, so does anyone else that gets within a certain radius...and that's just the first 10 minutes. I saw this on TV as a small kid and it scared the living CRAP out of me, those glowing eyes creeped me out for weeks afterward.

Agreed, an excellent film. Too bad John Carpenter's early 90s remake sucked so badly.

Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 3:24 pm

I've always liked Phantasm and Mr. Sardonicus. Freddy is my fave monster villain of all-time though.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:55 pm

I really like some sci fi horror, never really cared for the other kinds slasher explotation and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 6:00 am

Sleepaway Camp (1983) - I had read alot of good things about this movie and had to see it. It's a "slasher" flick with bad acting and so-so effects but has a twist ending out of left field that you'd never forget. Worth watching just for the ending alone.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 8:04 am

007 wrote:
Sleepaway Camp (1983) - I had read alot of good things about this movie and had to see it. It's a "slasher" flick with bad acting and so-so effects but has a twist ending out of left field that you'd never forget. Worth watching just for the ending alone.

This is one I've heard of and seen in stores but have never actually watched. Aren't there like 3 of these?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40564

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:42 am

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

This is one I've heard of and seen in stores but have never actually watched. Aren't there like 3 of these?

Yep but I think the 2 sequels have nothing to do with the original (never saw them)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 18, 2008 9:50 am

tohostudios wrote:
007 wrote:

Actually I think there's four now. I saw a listing on IMDB recently for a "Return to Sleepaway Camp."

By the way, the ending is the only good thing about the original "S.C." -- but by the time you get to it, your reaction is likely to be more of "Thank goodness, this steaming pile is finally over!" Laughing

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Hey, horror freaks -- a co-worker of mine has started up a pretty cool horror and B-movie related blog, check it out here...I may become a contributor to this one, he's been bugging me to come up with some "top 10" lists or other articles for him.

http://www.headstonecity.com/blog/

He also has a line of horror t-shirts that he designs himself... neat stuff. Check them out here:
http://www.headstonecity.com/

Maybe you Shock Totem guys could show him some love on your site? He'd appreciate it, he's just starting to get the t-shirt business off the ground and could use the exposure.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh, The Horror!!!!
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next