Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh, The Horror!!!!

Go down 
+26
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
ThrashedOutCobra33
rattpoison
tohostudios
DeathCult
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
T-Roy
the sentinel
SideShowDisaSter
zombiewalkin
kmorg
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
TheGooch
mc666
Required Fields
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Shiney
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Thats a cool little site your co-worker has Freddy.I believe thats the first time I've seen someone censor a mans nipple before though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:26 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Thats a cool little site your co-worker has Freddy.I believe thats the first time I've seen someone censor a mans nipple before though. Laughing

lol!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:27 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

Hahaha, you mean in the "Class of Nuke'em High" entry right? I guess since he had to censor the nips on the girl in the picture, he was going to be all equal opportunity about it. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:28 pm

There's a reason the genre is called w h o r e-or. Almost every movie has the obligatory nude scene.

Last edited by Troublezone on Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:29 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Almost every movie has the obligatory nude scene.

...you say that as if it's a bad thing. lol!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Almost every movie has the obligatory nude scene.

...you say that as if it's a bad thing. lol!

It wasn't when i was going through puberty. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 11:08 am

Bumpin' an oldie here cuz the Halloween season is approaching soon and everyone should be getting horror-crazed again...

spectrefate wrote:
Does anyone else agree with me that the DVD medium takes away some of the character of the older 80's horror movies? Part of the attraction for me was the horrible quality of VHS cassettes. Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_smile

Maybe I'm crazy......

If you miss the "horrible quality" of VHS tapes, you should check into some of these budget DVDs they sell at dollar stores...picture quality is not a big issue with such fly-by-night operators. They usually dub'em from old VHS copies or other sub-par sources... you'll feel like it's 1986 and you're playing a beat-to-sh*t old rental tape in no time...

I picked up a cheap-o "double feature" DVD at the dollar store over the weekend with "Creature" (a 1985 "Alien" ripoff starring Klaus Kinski) backed with something called "Slipstream" starring Mark Hamill and Bill Paxton that I've never heard of. I saw "Creature" many years ago and liked it, I'm dyin' to see how well (or not) it has aged...

Going back to Just-A-Buck this evening to pick up another 2-on-1 DVD with Dario Argento's "Creepers" on it (a.k.a. the Americanized re-cut of "Phenomena," starring a young Jennifer Connelly in her first film role as a girl who can talk to insects)... I forget what other movie it's paired with on the DVD but for a buck I don't really care... it's even got Iron Maiden and Motorhead on the soundtrack! I've always wanted to see that movie but have never gotten round to it... and I'm gonna pick up a copy of the same DVD for SHINEY as per his request too! Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Headbang

Note that Maiden's "Flash of the Blade" is audible around the 50-second mark of this trailer. Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 877540

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:35 pm

I picked up the previously mentioned "Creepers" DVD yesterday, haven't had a chance to watch it yet tho... it's a "double feature" DVD paired with an Italian zombie cheapie called "City of the Living Dead" which, judging from the rants about it on IMDB, should be a hoot and a half... also got another DVD with a late 80s flick called "Scarecrows" (never seen it but Shiney sez it's a good 'un) paired with something called "Garden of Evil" or something to that effect... so I'd say I'm pretty well stocked up on schlock for the upcoming Halloween movie season.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:38 pm

"City of the Living Dead"

With a plot like this, how can you miss? Smile

Quote :
After Father William Thomas (Fabrizio Jovine) hangs himself in a cemetery, the gates of hell are opened. Zombies with abilities of super strength, teleportation and levitation appear and start killing off people in town. Investigating reporter Peter Bell (Christopher George) along with psychic Mary Woodhouse (Catriona MacColl) travel to Dunwich, New England, and from the Book of Eibon learn that they must close the portal to hell before All Saints Day, or the spirits of the dead will overtake the earth.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:40 pm

You haven't seen Phenomena? Well, sir, you are in for a treat!! First of all, it's probably my favorite Dario Argento movie. Well, it's at least on par with Susperia. Secondly, it has Jennifer Connely and Donald Pleasence!! And third, it has the most killer scene with Iron Maiden playing as the soundtrack you will ever see!

City of the Living Dead is ok too. And if you are ito Lucio Fulci and Italian zombie movies, you know you'll like it.

Oh, and Slipstream is a "fun" watch too. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:45 pm

Quote :
I picked up the previously mentioned "Creepers"
DVD yesterday, haven't had a chance to watch it yet tho... it's a
"double feature" DVD paired with an Italian zombie cheapie called "City
of the Living Dead" which, judging from the rants about it on IMDB,
should be a hoot and a half... also got another DVD with a late 80s
flick called "Scarecrows" (never seen it but Shiney sez it's a good
'un) paired with something called "Garden of Evil" or something to that
effect... so I'd say I'm pretty well stocked up on schlock for the
upcoming Halloween movie season.

BTW, what store are you finding these discs at?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 2:03 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

With a plot like this, how can you miss? Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_smile

Quote :
After Father William Thomas (Fabrizio Jovine) hangs himself in a cemetery, the gates of hell are opened. Zombies with abilities of super strength, teleportation and levitation appear and start killing off people in town. Investigating reporter Peter Bell (Christopher George) along with psychic Mary Woodhouse (Catriona MacColl) travel to Dunwich, New England, and from the Book of Eibon learn that they must close the portal to hell before All Saints Day, or the spirits of the dead will overtake the earth.

My bad. Wrong movie. The one I got is "City of the WALKING Dead," not "Living Dead." "City of the Walking Dead" (also known as "Nightmare City" and "Zombie 3" in some parts of the world, according to IMDB) is apparently a low-rent Italian ripoff of "Dawn of the Dead" in which a major metropolitan area is overrun with radioactive zombies. Which sounds like a heckuva lot more fun than the movie described above. Smile

SpectreFate wrote:
BTW, what store are you finding these discs at?

The "Just-A-Buck" dollar store that's about two minutes from my house. They just reopened under new management and have a huge rack with tons of these "double feature" DVDs on'em. I love this crap. Lots of cheesy looking '60s and '70s horror flicks, cheap Japanese rubber-monster movies, ancient cartoons and kung-fu movies and other weird stuff that's right up my alley. Laughing

kmorg wrote:
You haven't seen Phenomena? Well, sir, you are in for a treat!! First of all, it's probably my favorite Dario Argento movie. Well, it's at least on par with Susperia. Secondly, it has Jennifer Connely and Donald Pleasence!! And third, it has the most killer scene with Iron Maiden playing as the soundtrack you will ever see!

I've always wanted to see "Creepers/Phenomena" but have never gotten round to it till now... I'm not particularly well versed in the Italian horror scene... I've seen one or two other Dario Argento flicks ("Suspiria") but that's about it...

Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:51 am

SpectreFate wrote:

With a plot like this, how can you miss? Smile

Quote :

That's a Fulci movie isn't it? I love The Beyond. And then there's Zombi, with the classic Zombie vs. Shark underwater fight scene... Smile
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:00 pm

City of the Living Dead is Hulci, yes. And that spells B-movie! But Nightmare City is even more hardcore Italian horror! D-movie? Laughing Still a fun movie for the Zombie fans.

Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:22 pm

The great thing about Fulci in particular is all the gratuitous eye trauma inflicted in his movies. You know when you watch his films that there are going to be multiple close-ups of sticks and nails getting thrust into peoples' eye sockets Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:10 pm

kmorg wrote:
Nightmare City is even more hardcore Italian horror! D-movie? Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_lol Still a fun movie for the Zombie fans.

I watched the first couple of minutes of "City of the Walking Dead" aka "Nightmare City" aka "Nightmare in the Contaminated City" aka "Zombie 3" (yes, those are all alternate titles for the same movie, according to IMDB) after I watched "Creepers" last night (they're both on the same DVD)...up to the first "zombie attack" and I laughed my ass off. It was getting late so I had to turn it off and go to bed but I will probably watch the rest tonight. The "zombies" look like regular people with burnt oatmeal all over their faces. If the rest of the movie is that cheesy, I may have a new comedy classic on my hands.

Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Lol

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 4:31 pm

I just got "THE CREEPING FLESH" on Dvd..woot!! Classic early 70's (maybe late 60's) Hammer Horror with Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee...

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Just for gits and shiggles I posted a comment about "Creepers"/"Phenomena" on IMDB... y'all can read it here if you want to...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087909/usercomments-147

If you click on my username at the top of this review it should take you to all the other comments I've posted there over the past couple of years... lots of dollar store DVD treasures there...they're not all horror flicks but a goodly percentage of 'em are!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 8:52 am

Okay, I think the remakes/reboots/etc. have really gotta stop now.

Quote :
A 3D CG-animated remake of George A. Romero's original classic "Night of the Living Dead" is in the works, but without the involvement of Romero himself says Heat Vision Blog.

"Night of the Living Dead: Origins" will update the tale by bringing out the characters' backstories in a format described as "American-style anime" using new technology which allows filmmakers the ability to direct CG performances the same way they would direct real live actors.
Simon West and Jib Polhemus will produce the film. Romero himself meanwhile debuted his sixth 'Dead' film, "Survival of the Dead", at the Toronto Film Festival.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:02 am

Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Puke

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:06 am

Seriously, there's already been two remakes of "Night of the Living Dead" (1990 and an earlier 3-D version three or four years ago), how many do we really need?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 10:35 am

Speaking of remakes, SyFy Channel's "Original Movie" this Saturday night is a new remake of "Children of the Corn."

...and God help me, I'll probably end up watching the damn thing. For some reason I willingly sat through the original and all five or six of the sequels, I guess I must have a soft spot in my heart/head for that series.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:46 am

I recently found out that there's someone else out there who loves those cheap-ass Dollar Store horror DVDs almost as much as I do...

http://www.dollarbinhorror.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:53 am

Some real gems there. I remember owning that "Mutant" film on the blog Very Happy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 11:02 am

kmorg wrote:
Some real gems there. I remember owning that "Mutant" film on the blog Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_biggrin

"Mutant" was the first "Dollar DVD" I bought a few years back. It was the one that started my addiction!

Pretty average movie, but when I sold it at a yard sale a while later someone gave me two dollars for it so I even made a profit. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh, The Horror!!!!
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next