Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh, The Horror!!!!

Go down 
+26
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
ThrashedOutCobra33
rattpoison
tohostudios
DeathCult
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
T-Roy
the sentinel
SideShowDisaSter
zombiewalkin
kmorg
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
TheGooch
mc666
Required Fields
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Shiney
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 9:40 pm

BTW, I agree with CHUD.

Add Q, The Winged Serpent to that list.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 4:54 pm

I'm going to toss out a few titles that for one reason or another have stayed with me ince childood/teendom whe I first saw them....see i anyone recognizes any:

STRAIGHT ON TILL MORNING
ISLAND OF THE BURNING DOOMED
WARLOCK MOON
NIGHT OF THE HUNTER (best villain in filmdom!!)
DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW
TOURIST TRAP
ATTACK OF THE MUSHROOM PEOPLE
BLACK SABBATH
HE WHO GETS SLAPPED
FREAKS (unabashed classic!!)
X THE UNKNOWN

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 5:00 pm

Just Freaks for me. The others are a mystery. I never delved that far down into horror cheese. Not that I wouldn't like to try. Smile
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 5:52 pm

Shiney wrote:
I'm going to toss out a few titles that for one reason
or another have stayed with me ince childood/teendom whe I first saw
them....see i anyone recognizes any:

I agree! This is one of my favorite horror films of all time. Near perfect film that I can watch over and over.

Quote :
TOURIST TRAP

Very fun. Not really good, but fun.

Another of my all time favorites is:

X - The Man With X-Ray Eyes
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 6:20 pm

How about this one?

Don't Look In The Basement

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 7:59 pm

kmorg wrote:
I just recently saw a snippet of one of my favorite "vampire" flicks, called Near Dark. That took me back! Great, dark, moody film. I also love The Lost Boys.

Love Near Dark, hows that bar scene soundtracked with the Cramps cover of Fever over it. Great stuff!

Recently saw Rob Zombie's House Of A 1000 Corpses, great movie and the characters are so cartoonish. And the ending isn't rosey like most films, their the best endings!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:14 pm

I love House of 1K Corpses.

The sequel, not so much.

BTW, Near Dark is excellent. Pretty much anything with Lance Henriksen in it is good. Another one of my fave vampire flicks is From Dusk Til Dawn. Two different movies in one.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:16 pm

Just finished watching Carpenter's The Thing - man, that's a great movie!! (The original was great as well).

The FX are still pretty good. In fact, the old ways sometimes seem better to me.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:26 pm

Shiney,I remember Dark night of the Scarecrow.Its been a long time,but that movie stuck with me what seemed like forever.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:35 pm

Quote :
Just finished watching Carpenter's The Thing - man, that's a great movie!! (The original was great as well).

Yep! Still one of my favorite movies of all time!!! The FX are so much better than the CGI crap that permeates Hollywood these days IMO.

"Watch Clark! Ya hear me..."

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Another one of my fave vampire flicks is From Dusk Til Dawn. Two different movies in one.

"From Dusk..." is one of my favorites too. I will never forget taking my then-girlfriend (who's now my wife) to see that one when we were still dating. She had no idea what the movie was about...she thought it was just gonna be a crime/caper flick from the opening scenes, but by the time they got to the "Titty Twister" bar and that first stripper turned into a vampire and ripped somebody's head off she SCREEEEEAMED and looked at me like "WTF kind of movie IS this?" hahahaha!! It's now one of our all time favorites. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 pm

Whoops, almost forgot: I was in Shop Rite this evening and found a bin of those irresistible cheap-o "Double Feature" one-dollar DVDs. Grabbed the only DVD with horror films on it: "Class Reunion Massacre" and "Carnage" (couldn't resist the tag line: "See household items slice and dice...PEOPLE!"). Never heard of either film but I figured for fifty cents a pop, it was worth a shot.

The reviews of each film on IMDB seem to indicate that "Carnage" will be a waste of time but "Class Reunion Massacre" (an Italian slasher also known as "Sons of Satan - The Redeemer") has a surprisingly good rating.

Has anyone here seen either of these dubious "classics?" I will post my thoughts on 'em whenever I get around to watching'em.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 12:09 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:

The FX are still pretty good. In fact, the old ways sometimes seem better to me.

That has been one of my FAVORITE movies for LONG time now! The original was decent enough, but the remake kicked the creature factor up a notch!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:09 am

Yeah, I remember seeing it as a wee lad and loving it. My Dad brought me up on Horror and he loved the original Thing (having Mr. Gunsmoke himself as The Thing is cool!) but he was equally blown away by the remake. GREAT gore!)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 8:43 am

Shiney wrote:
I'm going to toss out a few titles that for one reason or another have stayed with me ince childood/teendom whe I first saw them....see i anyone recognizes any:

STRAIGHT ON TILL MORNING
ISLAND OF THE BURNING DOOMED
WARLOCK MOON
DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW
TOURIST TRAP
ATTACK OF THE MUSHROOM PEOPLE
BLACK SABBATH
HE WHO GETS SLAPPED
FREAKS (unabashed classic!!)
X THE UNKNOWN

I've heard of most of these, but the only one I know for sure that I've seen is "Dark Night of the Scarecrow."

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

Yep! Still one of my favorite movies of all time!!! The FX are so much better than the CGI crap that permeates Hollywood these days IMO.

"Watch Clark! Ya hear me..."

The Thing was good, and I don't normally go for these kinds of movies. Yes the FX of those kind of movies are better than some of that CGI crap. House Of 1000 Corpses, I hated the ending but that's just because I hate to see bad people get away w/o punishment (although those teenagers were stupid to get themselves in that mess and probably asked for it, I'm the kind of person who likes villans to get their cumupence just the same).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:18 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
Silent Night, Deadly Night (classic! "Punishment is neccessary, it is good!")

Oooh man, "S.N.D.N." is a nasty one. Remember when that movie came out in back in the 80s? The TV commercials scared the crap out of so many kids that a bunch of parents groups got together PMRC style and managed to get it banned from theatres! I remember when it got released on video it had a big banner on the cover that said "The Movie THEY Didn't Want You To See," hahaha.

I rented it when it first came out on video and though I liked it, the entire concept (killer Santa!) was just so WRONG, so... SLEAZY, I felt like I needed to take a shower after watching it. I'm glad I saw it in the middle of the summer instead of during the Christmas season, cuz it probably would've ruined Christmas for me for the rest of my life!! Shocked

I LOVED that movie. 🤘

Well, then, this is for you DC... 🤘

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK-85acDd5s

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:23 pm

Here's the trailer to the most METAL horror movie ever... Stephen King's semi classic "Maximum Overdrive"

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:31 pm

Sometimes crappy movies have kick-ass trailers. This here's a case in point: "Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday." When I first saw this coming attraction, I was pumped to see this movie... when I finally DID see it, I wanted my money back!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:42 pm

http://www.blacksheep-themovie.com/

Has anyone else seen this one?

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:55 pm

Chopping Mall anyone? "Where shopping will cost you an arm and a leg"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 4:26 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
Chopping Mall anyone? "Where shopping will cost you an arm and a leg"

Oooh yea, that was a goody. Best tag line EVER! Haven't seen it in years but I remember a great exploding-head scene.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:29 pm

I'm a big b-movie fan and like to read (and watch) reviews of bad movies. If you are so inclined, check out these sites:
http://www.badmovies.org/
http://www.eccentric-cinema.com/
http://www.badmovieplanet.com/3btheater/
http://www.badmovieplanet.com/
🤘
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:10 am

tohostudios wrote:
http://www.blacksheep-themovie.com/

Has anyone else seen this one?

I only saw the trailer (laughed my ass off), I believe it was on the DVD release of Hot Fuzz (a funny ass movie in itself). I will see it whenever it's availiable on DVD (if it is, I might pick it up from Blockbuster tomarrow after church-if they have it).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:46 am

Black Sheep is available on DVD now. I have it. Gotta love "were-sheep".

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh, The Horror!!!!
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next