Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh, The Horror!!!!

Go down 
+26
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
ThrashedOutCobra33
rattpoison
tohostudios
DeathCult
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
T-Roy
the sentinel
SideShowDisaSter
zombiewalkin
kmorg
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
TheGooch
mc666
Required Fields
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Shiney
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:13 pm

IFC ran the classic "THE BURNING"l last night...some savage SAVINI effects in that one...

so it made me think about some other classics from the fantastic era of cheesy gore: the 80's and some other films I like:

DEAD & BURIED
RITUALS
DON'T GO IN THE HOUSE
THE FINAL TERROR
THE PIT

sigh...they don't make like that anymore....

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Here's the trailer to the most METAL horror movie ever... Stephen King's semi classic "Maximum Overdrive"

I love Maximum Overdrive

THEY LIVE is an awesome Carpenter movie
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:30 pm

Shiney wrote:
IFC ran the classic "THE BURNING"l last night...some savage SAVINI effects in that one....

Aw CRUD...If I'd known about that I would've recorded it... I haven't seen that one in ages.... angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:00 pm

Stephen King and AC/DC! How could you go wrong?

Somehow they did, but it was still fun. I haven't seen that movie in 15 years or more. That's one I need to revisit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:47 pm

Does anyone else agree with me that the DVD medium takes away some of the character of the older 80's horror movies? Part of the attraction for me was the horrible quality of VHS cassettes. Smile

Maybe I'm crazy......
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 8:45 am

youre crazy

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 10:30 am

spectrefate wrote:
Does anyone else agree with me that the DVD medium takes away some of the character of the older 80's horror movies? Part of the attraction for me was the horrible quality of VHS cassettes. Smile

Maybe I'm crazy......

Look for bargain bin DVDs! I buy most of my DVDs on the cheap, many of which are not "remastered" or updated at all. In the case of my MANIAC COP and HORROR EXPRESS DVDs, they look like they were simply dubbed to DVD from an old VHS tape anyway. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:28 am

So I have rented the 3 Sleepaway Camp movies from Netflix, along with Black Roses. Needless to say, Brian is going to have a good weekend. Smile

I can't believe I haven't seen those Sleepaway Camps. I love that slasher in a camp full of procreating teens motif. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 11:33 am

You've never seen the original "Sleepaway Camp?" I can't wait to hear your take on it, especially the ending.

As long as I'm here, I may as well mention that I finally saw Rob Zombie's "Halloween" re-tread last weekend (or was it the weekend before?)... didn't love it, but didn't hate it either. At least it wasn't yet another useless sequel co-starring a rap star.

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 6:05 pm

BLACK ROSES got a dvd release!??!?!That film is pooptastic....

SLEEPAWAY CAMP...that one threw me a teency bit when I first saw it all those years ago....

Been on a bit of a Cronenberg kick meself as of late...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:13 pm

Quote :
Been on a bit of a Cronenberg kick meself as of late...

I love Cronenberg but I think he lost it with Naked Lunch. Everything since then has been really artsy and weird IMO.

But gimme Videodrome, Scanners, The Fly, The Brood, Night Breed, eXistenz, etc.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:18 pm

Night Breed is great underrated movie. I went to see that with my Grandma and Great Aunt. They were both into horror movies. When something particularly aweful would happen to somebody these two old ladies would be giggling maniacally!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:21 pm

That sounds like a blast!

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:30 pm

Cronenberg didn't direct NIGHTBREED, Clive Barker did...he was just in it....

I see what you say TOHO he has kind of gone a bit high brow...although i sort of dug SPIDER....

But it was no RABID or SHIVERS....those were classics!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:54 pm

Ever see "Crash"? Talk about bizarre...

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 7:58 pm

Yeah, that was a weird movie. Didn't end up caring for it. Seeing that Law and Order guy and that other Schmarmy guy kissing...... sick
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 8:00 pm

Yeah, I didn't really like it either. But the premise is really bizarre.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2008 9:15 pm

The book that's based upon is great twisted surrealist sci-fi....

that movie was a steamy butt nugget....And do we really need to see James Spader and that Law & order dude buggering in the backseat of a car....

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:18 am

Shiney wrote:
BLACK ROSES got a dvd release!??!?!That film is pooptastic....

Yep it came out late last year. It is very pooptastic but it also has Mark Free music, so I'm all over it. But I do remember it being bad. Smile
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 8:24 am

Bad is a little too kind a word to use...

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 11:31 pm

I watched the Fog for the third time in a week last night, I love that movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 9:17 am

Horror movies USED to be awesome. Now, it's just the same shocker being released over and over. Every movie is either (a) a person and/or group that is stranded somewhere where they encounter a murderous enemy, or (b) people are encountering some magical/ancient thing that's causing those people to die or transform into something else. Also, there's no more memorable characters who were actually freaky. Puppet Master, Friday the 13th series, Nightmare on Elm St. - these are the classics which will never be topped!

It seems everything good came out of the 70s and 80s......disco exempt....
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 12:56 pm

There been a lot of good movies released in the 90's and foward...just not much mainstream fodder...

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:05 pm

Yep, I just watched Dr.Mordrid this morning, decent enough movie.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:06 pm

Oh and what I saw last night, Shiney will appreciate this one

HOBGOBLINS

Now THAT'S sucktastic cinema for you. But its so bad I love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh, The Horror!!!!
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next