Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh, The Horror!!!!

Go down 
+26
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
ThrashedOutCobra33
rattpoison
tohostudios
DeathCult
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
T-Roy
the sentinel
SideShowDisaSter
zombiewalkin
kmorg
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
TheGooch
mc666
Required Fields
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Shiney
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 24, 2007 11:55 pm

Kmorg you mentioned Demons earlier. Fantastic metal soundtrack!
Motley Crue - Save Our Souls,
Pretty Maids - Night Danger,
Saxon - Everybody Up,
Billy Idol - White Wedding,
Go West - We Close Our Eyes,
Accept - Fast As a Shark.
Awesome stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 1:28 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Man, I forgot the wonderful Trauma movie team!!! The Toxic Avenger, Rabid Grannies etc!!!

That would be "TROMA" not "Trauma," but oh yes, their stuff rules. They film all of their stuff in and around New Jersey (where I'm from) so it's always a kick to see a familiar place in the background of a Troma film. I actually watched them shoot a few scenes for "Class Of Nuke'Em High" in the parking lot of a high school near me back in the 80s, was part of a crowd scene in that, but I've never been able to find myself on screen in the movie. (Maybe I oughta look for a wide screen DVD?)

When I was in high school I had an English teacher who was also a wanna-be actor, he had a bit part in the first "Toxic Avenger," he's the guy in the dry cleaner's shop who gets "pressed" to death. Smile

Duh! TROMA it is, of course! "Class of Nuk 'em High" made me think of one of Michael J.Fox' earlier movies, called "Class of 1984". The follow up, "Class of 1999" was also cool!

Quote :

Kmorg you mentioned Demons earlier. Fantastic metal soundtrack!
Motley Crue - Save Our Souls,
Pretty Maids - Night Danger,
Saxon - Everybody Up,
Billy Idol - White Wedding,
Go West - We Close Our Eyes,
Accept - Fast As a Shark.
Awesome stuff.

Yup, and the soundtrack to the Phenomenon/Creepers movie by Dario Argento is also great! I also love The Goblins, a band he regurlarly uses, that also Rhapsody have covered a song from!

Oh, and mc666's mention of Guinea Pig made me remeber the "Faces Of Death" series. They say that only the first movie included real material only, and that they fabricated stuff for the 4 sequels. It is still a "disturbing" movie.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:44 am

Goblin are killer!!

I too am a horrendous fan of horror! Ive been a horror fan as long as a metal fan actually. In the second grade I was listening to Kiss and all into King Kong, Star Wars and Frankenstein.

Favs:

Night of the Living Dead (1968)
The Thing From Another World
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
Profundo Russo
Suspiria
Zombie
Gates of Hell
The Exorcist
The Omen
Halloween
The Mummy (The original w/ Boris Karloff and all it's sequels)
Dracula (1931)
Creature From The Black Lagoon
Phantasm
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Evil Dead
King Kong (1933)
Nosferatu (1922)
Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1921)
Drive In Massacre
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Howling
Horror Rises From The Tomb
Return of the Zombies
Wolf Man
Werewolf of London
An American Werewolf In London
Nightmare On Elm Street
Friday The 13th (series)
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Hell of The Living Dead
Cat O Nine Tails
Bird With The Crystal Plumage
The Whip And The Body
Black Sunday
Black Sabbath
Plan 9 From Outer Space
House On Haunted Hill (Vincent Price)
Last Man On Earth
Quatermass And The Pit

And many many more!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:49 am

Peter jackson is fantastic....BAD TASTE up through THE FRIGHTENERS are fun exercises in light hearted horror/gore....

Don't think we'll see any of that from him again..

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 11:52 am

Shiney wrote:
Peter jackson is fantastic....BAD TASTE up through THE FRIGHTENERS are fun exercises in light hearted horror/gore....

Don't think we'll see any of that from him again..

Too true.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 1:27 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
Both versions of the 'The Thing'... sacriledge their taking about remaking it again...

Man, I hope they don't! Carpentar did an awesome job when he redid it! That has been one of my favorite movies since I was a kid.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 4:18 pm

Hollywood needs to stop that!

I recently read that they are readying a new version of "DON'T LOOK NOW"

Tha film is a classic psychological horror flick with great twist at the end....

Zombiewalkin' SWEET list!!!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2007 6:02 pm

Shiney wrote:
I can't part with that poster.....I got it for my son....it hangs in his bedroom...and I don't think he'd let it go....But I'll ask him

That move is rife with unitentional funniness....

It's set in New England
and the indians are in teepees (That was a plains Indian thing)

It is just so serious for the big ball o' cheese that it is....

I love this movie ! I saw it in the theatre back in the day (I thought it was set in the Pacific Northwest however). I always got a laugh when the bear swats the hopping camper stuck in the sleeping bag (which explodes into a cloud of feathers).

I've been a lifelong horror movie fan.Just about every type (old universal,50s monsters,Godzilla [not horror but still],up until today) is enjoyable (even the remakes). I could make a real long list.Another cool film is the Abominable Doctor Phibes starring the late,great Vincent Price (a true film legend). Anyone see this ?
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 4:42 pm

The PHIBES films are two of my favorites....almost surreal in their set design and costumes...very stylish and cool....

Classics!!!!!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 7:23 pm

Check this out. I will be going.

http://www.riversidedrivein.com/html/monster.htm
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2007 8:53 pm

That looks pretty sweet 007. That will be a cheesy good time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 10:22 am

007 wrote:
Check this out. I will be going.

[url=http://www.riversidedrivein.com/html/monster.htm
http://www.riversidedrivein.com/html/monster.htm[/quote[/url]]

Wow, that looks like a heck of a lot of fun. I've actually seen most of those movies before, (everything except "Hannah" and "Grave of the Vampires," never even heard of those two), but never on a big screen! "Squirm" is a classic piece of mid 70s drive in cheese! The last time I saw it was on "Mystery Science Theater 3000" but I remember seeing it on TV as a kid and getting all freaked out by it.
"Horror Express" is a cool one too. (It stars Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing of Hammer Horror fame, do I need to say anymore?) I found "Horror Express" on DVD at my local Just-A-Buck dollar store a while ago, that was a nice treat and ya can't beat the price...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 10:29 am

Quote :
I always got a laugh when the bear swats the hopping camper stuck in the sleeping bag (which explodes into a cloud of feathers).

Yes!!! That has to be my favorite scene in movie history!! I've seen this movie literally dozens of times and each time I watch it (especially with someone new) that scene gets re-played over and over.... Classic!!
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 12:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Squirm" is a classic piece of mid 70s drive in cheese! The last time I saw it was on "Mystery Science Theater 3000"

One of the best shows ever to grace tv.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 1:39 pm

Agreed....

When I was a kid I was feral about anything horror related...I sat in Saturday afternoons to watch "Shock Theatre"...

And Saturday nights I stayed up to watch whatever scary flicks they showed late night...

I watched KOLCHAK, THE NIGHT STALKER religiously....

And whenever one of the networks ran a horror film* on primetime I was a over it..

* a few fave primetime faves from my youth:

DARK NIGHT OF THE SCARECROW
TARANTULA:THE DEADY CARGO
DAY OFTHE ANIMALS
BURNT OFFERINGS
GRIZZLY
THE LAST DINOSAUR

ahh...to be young again...

Last edited by on Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2007 1:39 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Squirm" is a classic piece of mid 70s drive in cheese! The last time I saw it was on "Mystery Science Theater 3000"

One of the best shows ever to grace tv.

Agreed. I love that show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2007 5:35 pm

Shiney wrote:
Agreed....

I watched KOLCHAK, THE NIGHT STALKER religiously....

Yeah man ! When that was finally released on dvd, I had to get it. It still stands up today (maybe special effects wise a little weak,but it was the early 70s). My daughter got me a 50 pack of horror movies dvds and a 50 pack of scfi fi movies dvds. Pretty good stuff,so far .
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 7:07 am

Anybody here looking forward to Rob Zombie's "reboot" of "Halloween" (due August 31)? I must admit I'm curious, even though the first two "Halloween" flicks are some of my all time faves and I didn't think they really needed to be "updated" in any way...

I just saw this news item on Blabbermouth and thought "This is not a good sign." He's re-shooting six new death scenes and a new ending, when the movie is supposed to open in about eight weeks? There must've been some test screenings that didn't go well...

ROB ZOMBIE Filming New Scenes For 'Halloween' Remake - July 1, 2007

According to Bloody-Disgusting.com, Rob Zombie has been hard at work filming new material for his remake of "Halloween", which is slated for release this summer. Saturday (June 30) ended seven straight days of grueling filming around the Los Angeles area, which included the addition of six new death sequences, which boast more violence and gore, and a brand new ending, which is said to be "quite gruesome."
Zombie's remake of "Halloween", which stars Malcolm McDowell of "A Clockwork Orange" as Dr. Loomis and "X-Men" mutant Tyler Mane as the adult version of Myers, opens on August 31.
Zombie's previous films were 2003's "House of 1000 Corpses" and 2005's "The Devil's Rejects".
The official web site for ROB ZOMBIE's "Halloween" has been launched at
www.halloween-themovie.com.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 12:05 pm

I just recently saw a snippet of one of my favorite "vampire" flicks, called Near Dark. That took me back! Great, dark, moody film. I also love The Lost Boys.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 1:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Anybody here looking forward to Rob Zombie's "reboot" of "Halloween" (due August 31)? I must admit I'm curious, even though the first two "Halloween" flicks are some of my all time faves and I didn't think they really needed to be "updated" in any way...

I just saw this news item on Blabbermouth and thought "This is not a good sign." He's re-shooting six new death scenes and a new ending, when the movie is supposed to open in about eight weeks? There must've been some test screenings that didn't go well...

ROB ZOMBIE Filming New Scenes For 'Halloween' Remake - July 1, 2007

According to Bloody-Disgusting.com, Rob Zombie has been hard at work filming new material for his remake of "Halloween", which is slated for release this summer. Saturday (June 30) ended seven straight days of grueling filming around the Los Angeles area, which included the addition of six new death sequences, which boast more violence and gore, and a brand new ending, which is said to be "quite gruesome."
Zombie's remake of "Halloween", which stars Malcolm McDowell of "A Clockwork Orange" as Dr. Loomis and "X-Men" mutant Tyler Mane as the adult version of Myers, opens on August 31.
Zombie's previous films were 2003's "House of 1000 Corpses" and 2005's "The Devil's Rejects".
The official web site for ROB ZOMBIE's "Halloween" has been launched at
www.halloween-themovie.com.

I'm also looking forward to it, but I think your right with this not being a good sign. The thing that worked so well with the original was that there was hardly any blood and gore in it. It worked strictly on atmosphere and the acting to scare the crap out of you. I know that kids these days only want to see gore and don't get me wrong I love a good gore-flick, but now your messing with a classic. Let's hope it not too big of a disappointment. No
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 3:18 pm

NEAR DARK is one of my faves as well....

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 4:03 pm

Near Dark? Isn't that the one with Lance Hendrikson (sp?) and Bill Paxon? If so, that was a pretty good bit of the ol' cheese! Loved the "jackknife" scene!

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2007 4:25 pm

"I'll call you, Pigknuckle...."

"I hate it when they hain't been shaved"

"Normal folks don't spit out bullets when you shoot 'em"

"He's s ugly, He mas my gums ache"

sooo many killer quotes from that flick....

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 3:36 pm

Only about 2 1/2 months until it's time to carve the pumpkins into jack o' lanterns and do nothing but watch horror movies...I can't wait.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 4:18 pm

I saw The Exorcist for the first time awhile back. It was very good but I didn't find it scary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh, The Horror!!!!
Page 2 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next