Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh, The Horror!!!!

Go down 
+26
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
ThrashedOutCobra33
rattpoison
tohostudios
DeathCult
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
T-Roy
the sentinel
SideShowDisaSter
zombiewalkin
kmorg
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
TheGooch
mc666
Required Fields
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Shiney
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Speaking of horror.....

Deathcult: you're avatar scares the crap out of me! Clowns freak me out. Maybe that's why I scream whenever I pass a McDonalds...
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:10 pm

Tim Curry as themarvelous PENNYWISE....

Some great 90's /00's gems [imo]:

LUTHER THE GEEK
BLEEDERS (aka HEMOGLOBIN)
DOG SOLDIERS
DEVIL'S REJECTS
THE HOST
SLITHER
SESSION 9
St. JOHN'S WORT
FRAILTY
JEEPERS CREEPERS
JEEPERS CREEPERS 2 (ELECTRIC BOOGALOO)
LUCKY
SANTA SANGRE

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:29 pm

That's a great list Shiney. I'd add:

Dagon
Society
Audition
Naked Blood
Ebola Syndrome

OK, I just checked and technically Society came out in 89 not 90.

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:31 pm

Quote :
Speaking of horror.....

Deathcult: you're avatar scares the crap out of me! Clowns freak me out. Maybe that's why I scream whenever I pass a McDonalds...

Yep. I beat the crap out of a clown in a haunted house one time that came sneaking up behind me. Didn't help that I was on the JD.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:34 pm

I hate clowns. Stupid concept. Unless they're Killer Klowns.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:38 pm

Best Clown film ever.....VULGAR.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:41 pm

Shiney wrote:
Best Clown film ever.....VULGAR.

I never heard of this one so I looked it up. This sounds right up my twisted alley.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:47 pm

Leaves you with that unwashed "What The F*** Is Wrong With Me" feeling afterwards...A feeling I have dubbed "That GUMMO feeling"

But it has been illicted by other films....like HAPPINESS, and anything by FELLINI...

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:53 pm

I have Gummo on VHS. Warped flick.

Just ordered Vulgar for $7 incl shipping.

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:56 pm

you sicko......

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 4:56 pm

🤘

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:50 am

tohostudios wrote:
I hate clowns.

Count me in there. One of my favorite scenes in a movie when I was younger was in Problem Child. A clown pops up with a balloon animal and say, "Look! A giraffe!". In reply, Michael Richard's character says, "Look! A fist!" then clocks that stupid clown right in his stupid red nose. To quote Bruce Dickinson, "Shoot, shoot! Shoot all the clowns!" (not a fatal shot mind you, but one of those rubber bullets, a paint ball, or a b.b. in the ass).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:28 am

Sleepaway Camp I, II, II

One was pretty bad, 2 I enjoyed, 3 was horrid! But the inclusion of tracks by Obsession on parts 2 and 3 were a nice touch. Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 12:18 pm

I have only seen Sleepaway Camp 1. Long time ago. ot bad. Smile
Back to top Go down
ThrashedOutCobra33
Metal master
Metal master
ThrashedOutCobra33

Number of posts : 586

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 12:00 am

Rose Red I saw it a couple of years ago and holy crap scary stuff. And a movie from like early 70's or sumthin like that called the Changling
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 1:26 pm

THE CHANGELING is from 1980 and stars the late great GEORGE C. SCOTT...a few good atmospheric chills but not too scary in my book....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:20 pm

Anyone interested in seeing M. Night Shyamalan's forthcoming "THE HAPPENING?" Looks to be a pretty twisted piece of work, judging from the trailers... and they're making much whoop-de-doo about how it's his first R-Rated film...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:23 pm

I don't think he went in saying "This is going to be R rated". That's just all hype.

I'm not sure I want to see it. It looks OK.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Anyone interested in seeing M. Night Shyamalan's forthcoming "THE HAPPENING?" Looks to be a pretty twisted piece of work, judging from the trailers... and they're making much whoop-de-doo about how it's his first R-Rated film...

I'm interested, not because of the R-rating though. I liked just about all of his films. Except that last one. Lady in the Water or whatever it was called? Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 288219
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:37 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I'm interested, not because of the R-rating though. I liked just about all of his films. Except that last one. Lady in the Water or whatever it was called? Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 288219

Didn't see Lady in the Water but I heard it was godawful. I liked the one before "Lady" ("The Village") though a lot of folks apparently didn't.

The trailer has some scenes in it that made me go "WTF?" though, like all the construction workers simultaneously throwing themselves off a building, and a guy laying down in front of an oncoming lawn mower... I'm definitely interested...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Didn't see Lady in the Water but I heard it was godawful. I liked the one before "Lady" ("The Village") though a lot of folks apparently didn't.

The trailer has some scenes in it that made me go "WTF?" though, like all the construction workers simultaneously throwing themselves off a building, and a guy laying down in front of an oncoming lawn mower... I'm definitely interested...

Yea, I know allot of folks I talked to didn't like The Village, but I enjoyed it. That's the only one of his movies that I didn't see in the theaters. I'm usually right there on opening weekend. Although with the twins, it's unlikely that I'll be seeing this one either. I still haven't seen Iron Man.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:51 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Although with the twins, it's unlikely that I'll be seeing this one either. I still haven't seen Iron Man.

Take it from someone who knows: You will probably not see the inside of a movie theatre again until your young'uns are a bit older and they're begging you to take them to the latest Disney/Pixar extravaganza. As for movies made for grown-ups, you will never see one of them in a theatre again.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Although with the twins, it's unlikely that I'll be seeing this one either. I still haven't seen Iron Man.

Take it from someone who knows: You will probably not see the inside of a movie theatre again until your young'uns are a bit older and they're begging you to take them to the latest Disney/Pixar extravaganza. As for movies made for grown-ups, you will never see one of them in a theatre again.

Yea, that's starting to become a sad reality. Funny thing is, tonight, my parents are gonna babysit while the wife & I celebrate our anniversary and I jokingly said "What should we do with our free time tonight? Take a nap?" My wife didn't seem to think that was such a bad idea. fainting
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:41 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, that's starting to become a sad reality. Funny thing is, tonight, my parents are gonna babysit while the wife & I celebrate our anniversary and I jokingly said "What should we do with our free time tonight? Take a nap?" My wife didn't seem to think that was such a bad idea.

Yup, that sounds eerily familiar as well.

Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 3:45 pm

FF speaks the sad truth.

..the last "Grown Up" film I saw in the theatre was "THE SIXTH SENSE"

the last film I saw in the theatre...."ALVIN & THE CHIPMUNKS"

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh, The Horror!!!!
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next