Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh, The Horror!!!!

Go down 
+26
akeldama
QuothTheRaven
MetalGuy71
ThrashedOutCobra33
rattpoison
tohostudios
DeathCult
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Tall Tyrion
T-Roy
the sentinel
SideShowDisaSter
zombiewalkin
kmorg
mr.electric39
Thrasher73
TheGooch
mc666
Required Fields
spiritoradio
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Shiney
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Bumpin' some ancient history here...

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hey, horror freaks -- a co-worker of mine has started up a pretty cool horror and B-movie related blog, check it out here...I may become a contributor to this one, he's been bugging me to come up with some "top 10" lists or other articles for him.

http://www.headstonecity.com/blog/

My pal Damon who runs this blog is going to start posting some of my horror/B-Film reviews (my nickname will be the "Dollar Store DVD Guy"). For now he's going to be borrowing some of the comments I've made on various films for IMDb but I guess when that well runs dry I'll have to start whipping up some originals for him. Laughing

Anyway, the first of these posts (my take on 1985's monster mash "Creature") can be found here if you wanna read it:

http://www.headstonecity.com/blog/movie-review-creature/

Feel free to leave a comment!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:10 am

That is really cool, FF. Glad to see your talent and hobby come to good use!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 5:30 am

Never knew this topic was here! But anyway, any fans here of Argento and Fulci? They made some of my favorite horror flicks ever.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 9:24 am

kmorg wrote:
That is really cool, FF. Glad to see your talent and hobby come to good use!

Thanx. Now all I have to do is figure out how to start getting paid for writing that kinda babble and I'd be a happy guy. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:00 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Never knew this topic was here! But anyway, any fans here of Argento and Fulci? They made some of my favorite horror flicks ever.
Big Fulci fan! I have Zombie, City of the living Dead, House by the Cemetary, The Beyond and The New York Ripper in my collection. I have only seen two Argento films, but really didn't think much of them at all to be honest. Argento and Fulci are one of those "You get them or you don't" filmmakers. Their fims are based more on visuals and not so much on plot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:31 am

Leatherface wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:
Big Fulci fan! I have Zombie, City of the living Dead, House by the Cemetary, The Beyond and The New York Ripper in my collection. I have only seen two Argento films, but really didn't think much of them at all to be honest. Argento and Fulci are one of those "You get them or you don't" filmmakers. Their fims are based more on visuals and not so much on plot.

Yeah, definitely. For example, Roger Ebert gave The Beyond a half star or something like that, but when you only focus on the plot and the acting that's understandable. The last scene in The Beyond was just amazing, just like something out of a nightmare. That's what I like so much about Fulci and Argento, that their movies have a sort of nightmarish atmosphere to them. I'm curious which Argento films you've seen? His gialli are some of my favorite all time flicks.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:34 am

I've only seen two Argento films - "Creepers" (aka the U.S. edit of "Phenomena") and "Suspiria." I thought both were pretty cool in a weird way. If you go back a few pages in this thread you'll see a chat about "Creepers" and Argento films in general. They're fun to watch but can also cause headaches cuz they're not exactly linear. He's all over the place, if you blink you'll miss something you've lost the plot completely.

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 11:52 am

I love Fulci and Argento, especially the latter. Argento is the master of Italian horror. Did you know that Susperia is actually his "version" on Snow White? Talak about creating a nightmare out of a fairytale.

I've seen most of his 70's and 80's movies, Deep Red, Phenomena, Susperia, Inferno, Two Evil Eyes etc. I have Cat O'Nine Tails on DVD, but haven't found time toi see it yet.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:21 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
Leatherface wrote:
Dave the Boss wrote:

Yeah, definitely. For example, Roger Ebert gave The Beyond a half star or something like that, but when you only focus on the plot and the acting that's understandable. The last scene in The Beyond was just amazing, just like something out of a nightmare. That's what I like so much about Fulci and Argento, that their movies have a sort of nightmarish atmosphere to them. I'm curious which Argento films you've seen? His gialli are some of my favorite all time flicks.
Creepers and Sleepless.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 6:10 am

Haven't seen Sleepless, but Creepers/Phenomena is a great movie. Love the soundtrack. Ya can't go wrong with Motörhead, Maiden, AND Goblin! Far from his best though. My favorite Argento flicks are Deep Red, Inferno, and Tenebrae (aka Tenebre). I like Suspiria, but I still think it's kinda overrated. It bored me a bit halfway through the film.

@ Kmorg: didn't know that about the Snowhite thing. Awesome! It's too bad his recent flicks are pretty bad. Mother of Tears bored the crap out of me to be frank. Not a fitting end to a great trilogy of films.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:35 pm

A friend of mine is a big Argento fan and owns a lot of his movies. He's been wanting to come to my house and show me some more of Argento's films like Suspiria.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 12:12 pm

I haven't seen any of Argentos recent pics. I think the last one I knew ws out, but I never saw, was his adaprion of Phantom of the Opera or something.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 8:56 am

Phantom of the Opera was pure crap imo. I read somewhere that he's planning a 3D remake of Deep Red, aptly titled DEEP R3D. Laughing Oh well, it'll probably be fun to watch at least once.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, The Horror!!!!   Oh, The Horror!!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh, The Horror!!!!
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10