Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...

Go down 
+28
brokentulsa
manny
exact33
Gilbert
Required Fields
Troublezone
nevermore
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Zdan
Olafsto
Lari
Wargod
Spyder Jonez
Stender
powermacho
A Handful of Wayne
Rex
Dave the Boss
Orion Crystal Ice
Metallic Blaze
metalinmyveins
Smindas
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 3:45 am

I doubt Jon will tour ever again..   I expect the feds to make an example out of him seeing how he’s got some fame.. I figured they’ll convict him and give him 30 to 50 years in prison...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6379

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 9:30 am

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
There is no Iced Earth without Jon. They will disband or go on long term hiatus if he is unable to continue at this time.

Jon is to Iced Earth in the same way Dave Mustaine is to Megadeth. He writes all the songs. It’s his creation and vision.

But they could tour without him and he could still write the music, manage/control the band, and take his normal cut until he's off the no-fly list. My guess is that's what he'll do.

There's no flying or touring with covid still around anyway. Might as well take the punishment now, and be done with it when the pandemic ends.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 9:36 am

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
There is no Iced Earth without Jon. They will disband or go on long term hiatus if he is unable to continue at this time.

Jon is to Iced Earth in the same way Dave Mustaine is to Megadeth. He writes all the songs. It’s his creation and vision.

But they could tour without him and he could still write the music, manage/control the band, and take his normal cut until he's off the no-fly list. My guess is that's what he'll do.

Anything is possible, but I doubt it... Jon has a certain personality and likes control of his band.

Maybe so, but when he's faced with not being able to leave the country, what's he gonna do?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 10:04 am

brokentulsa wrote:
I doubt Jon will tour ever again..   I expect the feds to make an example out of him seeing how he’s got some fame.. I figured they’ll convict him and give him 30 to 50 years in prison...
He's not going to prison.

If he does go for a stint, he should use that time to write the next Sons of Liberty CD. You can have a guitar in prison, I imagine.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 10:54 am

Lari wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

He's not going to prison.

If he does go for a stint, he should use that time to write the next Sons of Liberty CD. You can have a guitar in prison, I imagine.

I don't know about that. If he assaulted those police officers, he may very well find himself in prison for a good while. Bear spray is nasty.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 11:03 am

Here are the charges so far ...
1) Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
2) Disrupting the Orderly Conduct of Government Business
3) Knowingly Engages in an Act of Physical Violence Against any Person or Property in any Restricted Building or Grounds
4) Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct in a Capitol Building
5) Engage in an Act of Physical Violence in a Capitol Building
6) Parade, Demonstrate, or Picket in a Capitol Building

Plus the DOJ said most of those arrested will face future charges of insurrection and some possibly treason as they build cases...  we are talking maximum security prison here.. this is a serious situation for these people.. then there is the ties to oathkeepers who the government calls a terrorist organization...
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 12:56 pm

brokentulsa wrote:
1) Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds Without Lawful Authority
3) Knowingly Engages in an Act of Physical Violence Against any Person or Property in any Restricted Building or Grounds

Plus the DOJ said most of those arrested will face future charges of insurrection and some possibly treason as they build cases...  we are talking maximum security prison here.. this is a serious situation for these people.. then there is the ties to oathkeepers who the government calls a terrorist organization...
Nah. If it's just harmless entering a building without authority, it's a slap on the wrist, and move on. He doesn't have a track record of doing anything, and there's no reason to believe he assaulted anyone. At least no sources claiming he did.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 1:22 pm

Lari wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

Nah. If it's just harmless entering a building without authority, it's a slap on the wrist, and move on. He doesn't have a track record of doing anything, and there's no reason to believe he assaulted anyone. At least no sources claiming he did.

I think the folks who stormed the Capitol are going to get pretty harsh sentences. To hopefully insure these things don't happen again. RF said Jon committed career suicide and I think he's right.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Lari wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

Lots of video footage we haven't seen, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 3:50 pm

Lari.. did you not see they are charging him with knowingly committing acts of violence against cops and federal workers.. thats a felony in DC... the fbi says they have video of him with bear spray in his hands and of him spitting on a cop.. thats assualt man.. The FBI says jon has a long history with lots of antiAmerican views and threats.. they are calling him a terrorist.. Jon is going down hard.. all these people will see hard prison time... count on it.. and I think iced earth will hire another guitarist and move on (under a new name possibly)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 5:04 pm

Can't wait for "Stu Block's Iced Earth," featuring Bobby Blotzer on drums Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 5:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Can't wait for "Stu Block's Iced Earth," featuring Bobby Blotzer on drums Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 6:06 pm

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 7:11 pm

Not for nothing, but if you have any degree of notoriety then you are nuts if you participate in something like that.  It's amazing to me that he could be so stupid.   Which IMO lends credence to the "radical" label; a "normal" person would have more sense. Just go to a bar and bitch about it with your friends.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 8:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Anything is possible, but I doubt it... Jon has a certain personality and likes control of his band.

Maybe so, but when he's faced with not being able to leave the country, what's he gonna do?

He could turn Iced Earth into a “studio only” entity. Remember that Quorthon from Bathory stopped touring and released a bunch of albums.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 9:05 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Not for nothing, but if you have any degree of notoriety then you are nuts if you participate in something like that.  It's amazing to me that he could be so stupid.   Which IMO lends credence to the "radical" label; a "normal" person would have more sense.  Just go to a bar and bitch about it with your friends.

You would think so, but I think Jon is convinced he is a modern day “minute man”. He is a lifelong enthusiast of early American history.

Maybe it was a crazy publicity stunt gone wrong. You know those Norwegian black metal bands enjoyed their church burning notoriety.

Either way, he should of known his can of “bear spray” would not go very far against armed law enforcement.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 9:18 pm

I don’t agree with Jon’s actions, but he is the furthest thing from “anti-American”. He believes in the original blueprint of America and the constitution. If anything, he is guilty of caring too much.

Like toho said... most people just go to the local bar and bitch abut things they hate. That said, Jon made a mistake! Only God can change things at this point.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 9:45 pm

Still waiting for the Dems to condemn the nationwide Antifa and BLM destruction...

How are they not terrorist? Because they hide behind a civil rights facade??

Many people died. Billions in property damage.

Does terrorism have a new definition? I guess all those plane hijackings and civilian beheadings in the past don’t count anymore. Just the white people that trespass in a government building with flag poles and pepper spray.

Louder likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 10:00 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Still waiting for the Dems to condemn the nationwide Antifa and BLM destruction...

You mean except the many, many times they did?

But of course you would miss it since you don't read the news.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/13/fact-check-democrats-have-condemned-violence-linked-protests/3317862001/

Lari likes this post

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 10:38 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/13/fact-check-democrats-have-condemned-violence-linked-protests/3317862001/

Usa today fact checkers are akin to foxes guarding the hen house.

Democrats allowed, supported and encouraged the violence to continue.

Louder likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 10:42 pm

Lari wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Really?

How do you explain this... https://t.co/AcQVu1NdsF

Louder likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 10:49 pm

Louder likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 11:36 pm

It's hilarious how they condemn violence, saying that it is wrong and it does not change anything.

Yet, at the same time, they feed and support the violent revolutions and resulting wars in the middle east Razz.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 1:30 am

Gilbert wrote:
It's hilarious how they condemn violence, saying that it is wrong and it does not change anything.

Yet, at the same time, they feed and support the violent revolutions and resulting wars in the middle east Razz.

Say what you will about Trump... but he’s the only president in decades that did not start a new war. And he wanted to bring the troops home. Biden will undo the progress and we will probably be in another foreign conflict soon. If those morons allow Iran to have nukes, all of the Middle East will be in trouble.

Louder likes this post

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 4:35 am

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

Say what you will about Trump... but he’s the only president in decades that did not start a new war. And he wanted to bring the troops home. Biden will undo the progress and we will probably be in another foreign conflict soon. If those morons allow Iran to have nukes, all of the Middle East will be in trouble.

You know, the US policy has drastically changed, in terms of fighting wars. The US army is barely involved directly, anymore.

Instead, wars are now subcontracted to various groups.

This is the new era, my friend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...
Page 6 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next