Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...

Go down 
+28
brokentulsa
manny
exact33
Gilbert
Required Fields
Troublezone
nevermore
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Zdan
Olafsto
Lari
Wargod
Spyder Jonez
Stender
powermacho
A Handful of Wayne
Rex
Dave the Boss
Orion Crystal Ice
Metallic Blaze
metalinmyveins
Smindas
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 1:28 am

Gilbert wrote:
Is bear spray that deadly? I have never seen any.

I don’t think so... it’s possible, but not likely to kill unless you have a very rare allergy or sensitivity to it. I think after they found out who he is, they are determined to make an example.

You know Vince Neil killed a guy and got only a month in jail. With Jon, it’s political. I wouldn’t trust a government appointed coroner. Do you think only “bad cops” set people up? Cover ups happen all the time on every level of society.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 1:47 am

Gilbert wrote:

Doesn't sound like it. Here's what I found on the net.

"Bear spray isn't designed to fend off humans, but one reason you might see people carrying it for self defense (in real life and in fiction) is that it's legal in places where pepper spray isn't. It just isn't as effective. You'll have to wait until book three to see if and when oleoresin capsicum gets used"

"A person contaminated with bear spray will experience the mucous membranes of the eyes, nose and lungs to swell and be irritated. The eyes will involuntarily close and tear, the nose will run profusely coughing will result."

Then I saw this article on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/preppers/comments/dtbj87/why_you_should_not_use_bear_spray_for_self_defense/

Sounds like total bullshit if they try and get him on murder for using bear spray to me.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 1:51 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

"Bear spray isn't designed to fend off humans, but one reason you might see people carrying it for self defense (in real life and in fiction) is that it's legal in places where pepper spray isn't. It just isn't as effective. You'll have to wait until book three to see if and when oleoresin capsicum gets used"

"A person contaminated with bear spray will experience the mucous membranes of the eyes, nose and lungs to swell and be irritated. The eyes will involuntarily close and tear, the nose will run profusely coughing will result."

https://www.reddit.com/r/preppers/comments/dtbj87/why_you_should_not_use_bear_spray_for_self_defense/

Sounds like total bullshit if they try and get him on murder for using bear spray to me.

I believe it is total bullshit. When the dust settles, he can sue them.

I feel that Jon wanted to make a “statement” at the capital, and it went south badly. He didn’t kill anyone.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 3:33 am

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

I feel that Jon wanted to make a “statement” at the capital, and it went south badly. He didn’t kill anyone.

He probably wasn't expecting it to get that far. Is he still in detention?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 4:18 am

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Gilbert wrote:

He probably wasn't expecting it to get that far. Is he still in detention?

I heard he is still in jail.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 6:33 am

What are the sources for all of these things? "I heard" and "Now they are saying" mean nothing without a link.

The officer who died is obviously examined to determine the actual cause of death.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 7:21 am

Lari wrote:
What are the sources for all of these things? "I heard" and "Now they are saying" mean nothing without a link.

The officer who died is obviously examined to determine the actual cause of death.

As of 5 days ago, Blabbermouth reported he was still in jail. Hence “I heard”. https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iced-earths-jon-schaffer-is-still-being-held-at-indiana-jail-three-weeks-after-being-arrested-for-role-in-capitol-riot/

No one has been charged with the officer’s death yet, and his cause of death is still a mystery. Obviously, someone will try to blame it on the bear spray. But I doubt it will stick in court. https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bronsonstocking/2021/02/10/what-we-know-and-dont-know-about-the-death-of-brian-sicknick-n2584567
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 10:26 am

Woman killed by police officer at Capital. (FACT)

Family of killed officer has stated he died of an aneurysm that wasn't caused from blunt force trauma and requested that the media stop politicizing his death. (FACT)

Two officers committed suicide after January 6h (FACT)

Others have been reported to have died, but no names have been released. Much less an autopsy report or video of it happening. (FACT)

The information is out there on official public service websites and other sources via the internet. Look for yourself, it isn't that difficult to find. Putting some effort into finding the truth, might help in believing it? Mileage may vary

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 2:37 pm

James B. wrote:
Woman killed by police officer at Capital. (FACT)

Family of killed officer has stated he died of an aneurysm that wasn't caused from blunt force trauma and requested that the media stop politicizing his death. (FACT)

Two officers committed suicide after January 6h (FACT)

Others have been reported to have died, but no names have been released. Much less an autopsy report or video of it happening. (FACT)

The information is out there on official public service websites and other sources via the internet. Look for yourself, it isn't that difficult to find. Putting some effort into finding the truth, might help in believing it? Mileage may vary

Thanks James. But you know Lari wants “links”. Razz
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 2:38 pm

Did some research on the other people that died in DC on January 6th that I referred to above...

Man died of a heart attack
Man died of a stroke
Some info on a woman, but nothing definitive on circumstances surrounding death.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 4:13 pm

Troublezone wrote:
How convenient. Sounds like they don’t know shit!

What are they gonna say two weeks from now? Dying from pepper spray sounds a bit far fetched.

It's called an investigation for a reason. Are you really that dense? As for pepper spray, that's NOT bear spray. Bear spray causes your eyes, nose, and lungs to swell. It's intended to incapacitate a monstrous wild animal that can bite your fucking head off. But still, people can have fatal reactions to anything, so how would this be surprising to any rational-thinking person?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 6:05 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

What are they gonna say two weeks from now? Dying from pepper spray sounds a bit far fetched.

It's called an investigation for a reason. Are you really that dense? As for pepper spray, that's NOT bear spray. Bear spray causes your eyes, nose, and lungs to swell. It's intended to incapacitate a monstrous wild animal that can bite your fucking head off. But still, people can have fatal reactions to anything, so how would this be surprising to any rational-thinking person?

I know you like to go out of your way to insult me, but could you for once do some research before you open your mouth?

Keep in mind that I did say “it’s possible” but unlikely to kill someone unless they have acute allergies. In general, bear spray is not as effective on humans because it is specifically formulated to deter bears. It has less of the “pepper” heat.

Read this, and try to understand...

(The major differences between pepper spray vs. bear spray)

Perhaps one of the major differences isn’t between pepper sprays and bear sprays but between humans and bears.
Specifically, when it comes to grizzly bears, their brain is structured and devoted to the sense of smell.
To get even more technical, the brain structure devoted to smell is referred to as the olfactory bulb.
To put it into context, it’s about five times the size of a human’s.
"I would characterize a bear's sense of smell as complex and just as important to their lives as sight is to humans," said Mike Fitz, a former park ranger at bear-filled Katmai National Park and currently a resident naturalist for explore.org.2
Another major difference is that bear sprays are not as versatile as pepper sprays simply because it’s made specifically for bears.
For example, bear sprays will generally shoot further, around 20 to 30 feet, and wider compared to pepper sprays.
The reason being, to create distance between you and the bear (although it is more effective when sprayed directly in the face).
However, pepper spray dispersal patterns come in many forms like stream, fog or cone-mist, gel, and foam.
In addition to that, pepper sprays have a more intense burn and heat causing a more immediate reaction when deployed on an attacker.
We’ll go into more detail on why that is below.
You might see people carrying bear spray instead of self defense pepper spray because in some places pepper spray is illegal whereas bear spray is not.
Finally, the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) regulates bear sprays and bear spray marketing.
Currently the EPA requires that the concentration of Capsaicin and related Capsaicinoids range between 1% and 2%.3
That being said, bear spray also contains a lower concentration of oleoresin capsicum (often referred to as Capsaicin) than pepper spray or OC spray.
Since bear spray isn’t as potent, you wouldn’t want to use it on humans. Self defense pepper spray is much more effective.
It’s also important to note, the EPA has deemed bear spray a pesticide and has authorized use only on bears, not humans.

Btw... do you dispute anything James said? Just wondering.

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 6:10 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

But still, people can have fatal reactions to anything, so how would this be surprising to any rational-thinking person?
I agree, anything can happen, but bear spray is really weak compared to pepper spray so chances are it was something else. If they stick with the bear spray story I'm calling bullshit. Yes it could happen, but would it? Doubtful.

People just automatically think bear spray would be more powerful, myself included until yesterday, but after reading what I found out about it, it makes sense that it would be a lot weaker. Hell, my wife used to cary around pepper spray, but always wanted me to dig out the bear spray because she too thought it would be better than the pepper spray I got her. Yes, I have a giant can of it with my camping gear, cause ya just never know when one might show up out there. Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 69126
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 7:29 pm

I regularly have a bear or two on my property every year, especially where the river crosses. Mostly just see the tracks, but I've personally seen Brown, Black, and a possible Grizzly on my property. Didn't get close enough to make sure Laughing very hard

I personally wouldn't trust spraying a bear to save my ass. How reliable are the tests used to gauge success? Who is going to walk up to a bear IN THE WILD and lies it off spraying irritant in it's eyes, nose, and/or mouth? Not Me Laughing very hard

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 7:37 pm

James B. wrote:
I regularly have a bear or two on my property every year, especially where the river crosses. Mostly just see the tracks, but I've personally seen Brown, Black, and a possible Grizzly on my property. Didn't get close enough to make sure Laughing very hard

I personally wouldn't trust spraying a bear to save my ass. How reliable are the tests used to gauge success?  Who is going to walk up to a bear IN THE WILD and lies it off spraying irritant in it's eyes, nose, and/or mouth? Not Me Laughing very hard

Apparently, experts say you can’t trust bear spray to stop humans either.

Although it’s deadly if used in Washington DC. lol!
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 8:10 pm

James B. wrote:

I personally wouldn't trust spraying a bear to save my ass. How reliable are the tests used to gauge success?  Who is going to walk up to a bear IN THE WILD and lies it off spraying irritant in it's eyes, nose, and/or mouth? Not Me Laughing very hard
Whenever I go camping, I always carry a pistol on my hip at all times. I'd use that first, but most likely just end up pissing it off and die. But I'd use it as I'm running to get the big ass can of bear spray and hope my shooting slows it down enough so I can get it. So trust? No, but it's better to have it and not need it, than to not have it at all and find out the shit works as advertised. Wink
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 9:24 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I know you like to go out of your way to insult me, but could you for once do some research before you open your mouth?

I don't go out of my way to insult you. You literally call everything that goes against your politics a conspiracy.

blazingstone likes this post

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2021 9:44 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I don't go out of my way to insult you. You literally call everything that goes against your politics a conspiracy.

Don’t be dramatic. I just have my views and I question things. You should know how it feels...
You have always been outspoken and unapologetic about your opinions. Also, I can see you skip past other people’s comments that echo similar ideas or conclusions, but you seem to be fixated on only my comments. I don’t feel that I’m saying anything outrageously different than a few others here. I don’t care...
If you think it’s fun or a game, whatever. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 9:47 am

Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Don’t be dramatic. I just have my views and I question things. You should know how it feels...
You have always been outspoken and unapologetic about your opinions. Also, I can see you skip past other people’s comments that echo similar ideas or conclusions, but you seem to be fixated on only my comments. I don’t feel that I’m saying anything outrageously different than a few others here. I don’t care...

No, I didn't skip over others. I started back on the previous page after my last comment. Yours was the first reply, which I replied to. Didn't even read all the other comments until after. No sense in being redundant and repeating myself by replying the same thing to everyone else.

And I'm fine with questioning things. I do the same thing. What I don't do, however, is call everything bullshit that goes against my beliefs.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2021 4:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

No, I didn't skip over others. I started back on the previous page after my last comment. Yours was the first reply, which I replied to. Didn't even read all the other comments until after. No sense in being redundant and repeating myself by replying the same thing to everyone else.

And I'm fine with questioning things. I do the same thing. What I don't do, however, is call everything bullshit that goes against my beliefs.

I don’t call everything that goes against my beliefs bullshit. I consider other ideas before I decide what I think is right. For example: I believe a person can follow science and also have faith in God. You can know when to separate or apply them together. There are many ways to look at things. I try to use common sense, but someone will still think I’m crazy. Politics is just a very divisive hot topic in general. Emotions get involved and eventually politeness goes out the window. Everyone needs to step back, take a breath and realize we live in a diverse society that has many different people with different ideas. That’s why I like freedom of speech and all the other freedoms we enjoy as Americans. I am adamantly against any form of communism or big government socialism. Other things “in between” are negotiable. Smile

Eyesore likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 1:02 pm

Schaffer is currently in trial.

Schaffer will stand before Magistrate Judge Zia M. Faruqui for a video teleconference at 12:30 p.m.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 9:56 pm

Sean Peck from Cage posted on Blabbermouth that Jon got the worst judge.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2021 8:15 pm

Jon is going to jail as he should Smile  Everyone of these folks who breached the capitol belongs in jail...
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 12:15 am

brokentulsa wrote:
Jon is going to jail as he should Smile  Everyone of these folks who breached the capitol belongs in jail...

Ding!

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2021 2:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
brokentulsa wrote:

Ding!

once proven guilty. I want to see the proof he broke into the Capitol given the video out there of folks being invited in.

I think its also time to arrest, charge and prosecute every single person who destroys or defaces federal property - looking directly at BLM and Antifa. If you support prosecution against the actions in the Capitol, do not be a hypocrite and turn blind eye towards this other stuff.

scottmitchell74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next