Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.

Go down 
+7
DallasBlack
Dark Horseman
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Lari
Troublezone
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Empty
PostSubject: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:06 am

Fast forward to the 9:05 mark in this video and tell me if the guy yelling is Jon Schaffer. He's wearing a homemade IE shirt so I think it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgV9K-1_mV8&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 6:05 am

It is him.

Or it's his number one fan / stalker / random dead-ringer who wears Iced Earth shirts two years before their debut album. That Geraldo was shot in 1988.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 8:26 am

Sure looks like him to me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:20 am

Good catch. I certainly wouldn't have recognized him. Did you know he was in there somewhere or did you just happen to notice him?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 10:07 am

I don't know if that's Jon, but it was nice to see Joey Belladonna being lead away by police officers at the 1:20 mark....LOL
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 12:10 pm

I'm pretty sure it's him, kind of weird stuff there.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 7:03 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Good catch. I certainly wouldn't have recognized him. Did you know he was in there somewhere or did you just happen to notice him?

I noticed him by chance. I guess he just has one of those faces.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 11:13 pm

Laughing very hard It sure is!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:02 am

9:00 is Steve Flynn from Atheist
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 2:26 am

Just in time for Halloween, I sent for a new copy of the Horror Show album.
Back to top Go down
Psychotron
Metal student
Metal student
Psychotron

Number of posts : 167

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 1:27 pm

Yep that is him...other than that it's funny seeing King Diamond being interviewed on Geraldo.
Back to top Go down
http://nicksmetal.blogspot.com
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:36 am

I always thought this was pretty common knowledge of Shaffer's cameo. Didn't know about Steve Flynn being in there too.

I always laugh when I think about when this first aired back in the day. First off, I hated Geraldo with a passion after that Capone's Vaults disaster (growing up in Indiana near Chicago we took Capone lore pretty seriously). Secondly, at the time I was dating a girl who got completely freaked out after watching this. She called me after crying and upset because I listened to this stuff and it would be a gateway to hell or something. Needless to say I just laughed at her.

The other thing I always remember from this was my mom's comment that "if Satan is working through a guy in Kiss make-up using bad props then I doubt the God-fearing folks have anything to get too worried about".
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:39 am

Quote :
First off, I hated Geraldo with a passion after that Capone's Vaults disaster (growing up in Indiana near Chicago we took Capone lore pretty seriously).

God, I remember my whole family sitting around the tv watching that live show for a whole lotta nothin'. What a bunch of hype and build-up with absolutley no payoff in the end.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:55 am

jstate wrote:
Secondly, at the time I was dating a girl who got completely freaked out after watching this. She called me after crying and upset because I listened to this stuff and it would be a gateway to hell or something. Needless to say I just laughed at her.

and then proceeded to disembowel/sacrifice her cat to the Dark Lorde. no?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.   Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iced Earth/Jon Schaffer question.
Page 1 of 1