Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...

Go down 
+28
brokentulsa
manny
exact33
Gilbert
Required Fields
Troublezone
nevermore
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Zdan
Olafsto
Lari
Wargod
Spyder Jonez
Stender
powermacho
A Handful of Wayne
Rex
Dave the Boss
Orion Crystal Ice
Metallic Blaze
metalinmyveins
Smindas
Temple of Blood
Eyesore
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Empty
PostSubject: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:49 pm

Just got this e-mail from Jon Schaffer (!) ... well actually from his P.R. guy, but still, that's pretty cool. Laughing I know nothing about the details of this new project but it certainly sounds interesting/weird.

Nashville, IN
December 16th, 2009.

Hello friends,

For the last several months I have been working on a new project/solo album called Sons of Liberty. I am excited to unveil this and talk about the motivations behind it this Friday on the Alex Jones show.

I will be in the studio with Alex on Friday December 18th at 2pm CST. The show is broadcast from 11am to 3pm CST to over 80 stations nation wide.

To find a station near you, go to
http://www.gcnlive.com/affiliates.php or stream it LIVE for free from Infowars.com.

Just click on
http://www.infowars.com/listen.html and you will be able to follow the broadcast.

Prison Planet members can watch the interview from
PrisonPlanet.TV

On a newly created website that will go live Friday, December 18th, you will be able to download and listen to this new album for free. You will also be able to purchase a high-resolution version. The web address is www.sons-of-liberty.net

My desire is for Sons of Liberty to become part of a much larger movement that is happening around the world. This new website will be a think-tank containing lots of interesting web-links, book and movie recommendations, and much more. This will be an ongoing process, so check back often.

I am very proud to be invited to Alex Jones’ show and I feel this is the perfect place for me to reveal the first Sons of Liberty album entitled “Brush-fires of the Mind.”

This is about the message and not the messenger. This is a project that I encourage you to copy and share with your friends.

I care very much about what is happening in our world, we’ve been steamrolling down this road for a long time, so I assure you this is not a politically biased message. I’m hoping to set a few brush-fires in the minds of the listeners with this one. So please, check it out, do the research and get involved!

Looking forward to getting your responses on this new chapter in my life!

All the best,

Jon Schaffer

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:50 pm

I thought Iced Earth was his solo project. Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... 685534
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:58 pm

Interview with Alex Jones? Sounds like Jon is into conspiracy theories. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:01 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Interview with Alex Jones? Sounds like Jon is into conspiracy theories. Interesting.

I was about to say, who the heck is Alex Jones? Never heard of him. Is he one of those talk radio wack jobs like Art "Aliens are Among Us" Bell?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Downloading now...will report back soon.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Just looked this Alex Jones guy up on Wiki. Sounds like a rather, eh... interesting chap. (sound of cuckoo clocks)

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:20 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

I was about to say, who the heck is Alex Jones? Never heard of him. Is he one of those talk radio wack jobs like Art "Aliens are Among Us" Bell?

Somewhat, more like into the Illuminati and the Third World Order are among us and soon the government will control us kind of wacky.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:35 pm

So far, this is cool. I'm assuming Jon is singing, and it's pretty solid. He sounds angry.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Six-Pack Thunder Dong wrote:
So far, this is cool. I'm assuming Jon is singing, and it's pretty solid. He sounds angry.

So far so good? Jon does have a cool voice. (Witness his lead vox on the original version of "Stormrider," or the cover of "God of Thunder" on TRIBUTE TO THE GODS...)

I'll have to check this out tonight.

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:37 pm

Interesting!

I wonder what style the music is. Just like IE?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:40 pm

But the press release said it would not be up until Dec18? Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... 685534
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:41 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Interesting!

I wonder what style the music is. Just like IE?
Very similar, so far. More inspired, too. I mean, this isn't early IE here, but it sounds...well, inspired. And it's catchier than recent IE albums. Better solos, too.

And really, Jon sounds really good on vocals. Almost Barlow-esque, but grittier.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

But the press release said it would not be up until Dec18? Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... 685534
For free it won't be, but there's a Paypal link on the website. Once you pay, clock the Return To Merchant link and you get a pop-up to save the zip file. It's 9 songs.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

So far so good? Jon does have a cool voice. (Witness his lead vox on the original version of "Stormrider," or the cover of "God of Thunder" on TRIBUTE TO THE GODS...)

I'll have to check this out tonight.
Yeah, but I've never felt his voice was strong enough for lead work. I've changed my mind. This is far better than I've heard from him before.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:53 pm

Here's two tracks:

Jeckyl Island
False Flag *

* 666MB. You have been warned! Laughing

My guess is that's a drum machine.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 4:54 pm

I've always said Jon has a good voice, sort of like a thrashy, less powerful Barlow. Anyway, curious to hear this (though I agree with the confusion as to why Jon needs a solo project) but I guess I'll probably have to wait until the 18th.

EDIT: Oh, a couple of samples. Don't mind if I do.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 5:04 pm

Now you see, this is actually much better than I was expecting. Jon can clearly still write enjoyable metal songs that don't depend on either exclusively triplets or ridiculous over the top nonsense. I'd love the next Iced Earth to sound a bit more like this, with some more vocal trade-offs between Jon and Matt. I've always loved the trade-offs in 'Desert Rain' for instance.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 5:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Just looked this Alex Jones guy up on Wiki. Sounds like a rather, eh... interesting chap. (sound of cuckoo clocks)

Megadeth's "End Game" is based on Alex Jones' views. I watched these clips on youtube sometime around a month ago. Alex had Dave on for a fairly long time during his show. It was interesting, even though I'm not really a big time believer in the N.W.O./Bildeberger thing. The funny thing about Alex is, he claims to be this big Megadeth fan from way back, yet for the most part, he seems to know next to nothing about the group. This is part 1 of 5 with Dave on the show. Only proceed if you have time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pl0TW6UYhQ

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 5:22 pm

Well, the music is good. No conspiracy there.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Smindas wrote:
Now you see, this is actually much better than I was expecting. Jon can clearly still write enjoyable metal songs that don't depend on either exclusively triplets or ridiculous over the top nonsense. I'd love the next Iced Earth to sound a bit more like this, with some more vocal trade-offs between Jon and Matt. I've always loved the trade-offs in 'Desert Rain' for instance.
You know, his vocals are reminding me of Russ from Forbidden, particularly on the Distortion and Green albums.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:36 pm

Will this be available on CD? That's the only way I'll get it.

I'm a huge Iced Earth fan though, so this sounds awful good to me!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:45 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Will this be available on CD? That's the only way I'll get it.

I'm a huge Iced Earth fan though, so this sounds awful good to me!
No mention of it. It'd be nice, but the download is free (soon).
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:49 pm

Cool that he's on Alex's show, though I don't know that I'm in a big hurry to check his new stuff out..
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:50 pm

Yeah, that's cool. Since it's free - I guess I'll dl it. I just hate dling.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 6:50 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Cool that he's on Alex's show, though I don't know that I'm in a big hurry to check his new stuff out..

You not an Iced Earth fan?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...   Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jon (Iced Earth) Schaffer to unveil "SONS OF LIBERTY" solo project...
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next