Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)

Go down 
+21
Chairman_Smith
TheGooch
caniplaywithmadness?
KissinMaiden
kmorg
Olafsto
bgast1
scottmitchell74
Wargod
sovdat
spiritoradio
INVADERS
GrandNational
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Smindas
mc666
Rex
ultmetal
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Empty
PostSubject: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 10:34 am

ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) C_fa_400
TRACKLIST
1.) Overture (Schaffer)
2.) Something Wicked (Part 1) (Schaffer)
3.) Invasion (Schaffer)
4.) Motivation of Man (Schaffer)
5.) Setian Massacre (Schaffer)
6.) A Charge to Keep (Schaffer)
7.) Reflections (Schaffer/Mills)
8.) Ten Thousand Strong (Schaffer)
9.) Execution (Schaffer)
10.) Order of the Rose (Schaffer)
11.) Cataclysm (Schaffer)
12.) The Clouding (Schaffer)
13.) Infiltrate and Assimilate (Schaffer/Mills)
14.) Retribution Through the Ages (Schaffer)
15.) Something Wicked (Part 2) (Schaffer)
16.) The Domino Decree (Schaffer/Owens)
17.) Framing Armageddon (Schaffer)
18.) When Stars Collide (Born is He) (Schaffer)
19.) The Awakening (Schaffer)

(Total Running Time: 69:03min.)

BAND LINE-UP:

Jon Schaffer - Guitars
Tim Owens - Vocals
Brent Smedley - Drums
Troy Seelie - Guitar
Dennis Hayes - Bass

In 1998, ICED EARTH released an album called "Something Wicked This Way Comes". The final 20min. of that album featured the debut of the "Something Wicked" trilogy, a three-part epic overview of a story written and created by band mastermind Jon Schaffer.

While the above trilogy was only an overview, the entire story was written and laid waiting to be told. Now, almost 10 years later, after years of hard work and contemplation, Schaffer has delivered the first part of what could be his magnum opus. "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part I)" is the first of two albums weaving a thrilling Sci-Fi tale of mankind's invasion of Earth, the planet occupied by the direct descendents of the Grand Architect of the Universe. These descendents, the Setians, are the Earth's most ancient culture, and are the wisest, most peaceful race in existence.

Not only is the story told through the music and lyrics, but in true ICED EARTH fashion, through the album artwork as well. Over the years Schaffer has established a loyal record-buying fanbase through quality craftsmanship that runs through every facet of the band and their output. After the very successful release of the teaser single "Overture of the Wicked", it's certain that the fans will be utterly blown away by "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part I)". Both musically and visually, this album will NOT disappoint.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 10:45 am

🤘
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 10:59 am

cool cover... maybe this album will recapture my interest.

Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 11:04 am

I can't wait for this album. Overture of the Wicked was a great EP. However, what's the point in listing the writing credits in a pre-release about the album? I mean we all know Schaffer wrote most of it anyway, does he need to remind us ;P

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 11:15 am

Rexorcist wrote:
🤘

What Rex said!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:16 pm

Does the Iced Earth mascot have a name, like Maiden's Eddie? He's in most of the band's artwork, and at this point is just about as recognizable as Eddie, but I've never heard him referred to by name. Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:27 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Does the Iced Earth mascot have a name, like Maiden's Eddie? He's in most of the band's artwork, and at this point is just about as recognizable as Eddie, but I've never heard him referred to by name. Anyone?

His name is "Set Abominae." Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue as nicely as "Eddie" or "Vic Rattlehead" though, does it?? Maybe they should just call him "George." Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:30 pm

Really!? Set Abominae? Wow. Where did that come from?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:42 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Rexorcist wrote:
🤘

What Rex said!

I second that motion, guv'nah! 🤘
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 12:57 pm

This looks sweet, definitley a must have.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 1:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Really!? Set Abominae? Wow. Where did that come from?

I believe Schaffer pinched it from the name of an Egyptian deity of some sort, but don't quote me on that.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 pm

This album wants to be awesome, felt abit let down by the Glorious Burden (still cool i suppose though)

\m/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 4:22 pm

I think that cover is incomplete. Those wolves look like they were printed, cut out, and then slapped on the cover. They're missing their legs!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 5:22 pm

I'm looking forward to it !
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 5:36 pm

When is the release date for this album?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:04 pm

spiritoradio wrote:
When is the release date for this album?
September, I think.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:07 pm

I wanna know the date as well. I'm so psyched!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:47 pm

The US release date for Framing Armageddon is 9/11 for US (how typically Schaffer). As for Set Abominae, some of you may not know that the Something Wicked trilogy and these next two albums are all about him and his destroying of things... I think.

Oh and I agree with Eyesore about the wolves; they looked weird.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:49 pm

Apparently sept. 7th.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 6:58 pm

HELL YES!!! I personally loved Glorious Burden, but it's nice to see them building upon the amazing "Something Wicked" Trilogy! SO PSYCHED CANT WAIT!!! Gonna go listen to the trilogy now!ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Headbang
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 7:03 pm

Currently listening to the trilogy as I type.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 9:16 pm

Hot dam this will be mine like all the others, I'm an Iced Earth freak have their logo tattoo'd on my stomach!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2007 10:22 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
Hot dam this will be mine like all the others, I'm an Iced Earth freak have their logo tattoo'd on my stomach!

Wargod48

Show us the tattoo.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 5:34 am

I second that.

And sov, I think that's the German release date (they get it earlier). Rest of Europe gets it on the 10th and those American kids get it on the 11th.

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2007 12:51 pm

I'm marking my calendar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)   ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ICED EARTH: "Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Pt.1)
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next